Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

Loved his FF and Avengers work. Deep condolences to the family.

Oh dear...such terrible news. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences to Paul Ryan's loved ones and friends. Although I will never, ever lay claim to the DeFalco/Ryan Fantastic Four run being a favorite writing-wise (despite it being the run going on when I fell head over heels in love with the FF as a ten year old), the run is an epitome of when the art itself was/is well worth the admission. And Paul Ryan's art was simply gorgeous...the perfect melding of a Kirbyesque style with a Byrne-similar style. I may not care a great deal for where DeFalco took the FF, but the incredible art more than made up for those sins...big, big, BIG kudos to Ryan for that.

May thee RIP.
    Last edited by Maven; 03-07-2016 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Holy grammar Batman!
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Never really saw his Marvel work, but really liked his work on THE FLASH for DC during the late 1990s. A very clean, classic style.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 03-07-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...gersposter.jpg
    These will Always be the Avengers for me.

Peace
    That's a beautiful piece. I loved his art. His work graced some of my favorite comics.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Amazing Member

Sad news! I was a big Paul Ryan fan!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Stunning and sad news. Condolences to his family and friends. He wasn't that old (as I look at my own birthday), and was very gracious when I bought a piece of art from him from this FF issue.

A talented and under-rated artist who I'll remember for his beautiful run on FF.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Spectacular Member

Loved Paul Ryan's art, esp on DP7, Quasar and Squadron Supreme among others. A true professional whose art was clean, timeless, and just awesome to enjoy.

Thank you Paul for your work and talent.

Rest in peace.

My condolences to Mr. Ryan. He truly is a pillar of art and he is truly a classic.

Yeah, I've been following Paul Ryan's work on the Phantom comic strip in my home city newspaper and loving it. He is a very good storyteller, and I love his Phantom. A sad day is his passing.

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Yes! I remember Paul' work on the Quasar series. I really enjoyed his work. Sorry to hear of his passing.

RIP Mr. Ryan. Thank you for your amazing art contributions to the world of comics.

WTH? Anybody knows what happened? This hits me like a ton of brick, I always wished he would return to Marvel.

In my book one of the quintessential Marvel artists, in my Top 5 Avengers artists.

I cannot quite explain it but I always felt the way he drew the Marvel characters was the way they were meant to be drawn. These were the ideal way they should be.

BANNED

I was screaming out loud "no!, no!" when I read of Paul Ryan's passing.
    Even though it has been decades since he did any work for Marvel Comics I never-ever forgot about him.
    When I first saw his art on AWC and FF I took an instant liking to it.

I HATE that the article does not reveal what the cause was of Mr. Ryan's passing.

Rest in peace Paul. You left us way too soon!

When I first started reading comics as a kid, Fantastic Four was one of my first titles, and it was under his pencils. I've always enjoyed his work and will remember him fondly.