Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Zendaya Joins "Spider-Man" Reboot in Leading Role

The Disney Channel star will reportedly play a character named Michelle opposite Tom Holland in Sony and Marvel Studio's co-produced "Spider-Man" film.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ok, guess they're either creating an entirely new original love interest for Peter or she's just a friend like Liz Allan? Because I feel like this is going to open a lot of cans of worms for some Spider-Man fans if they ditch Betty, MJ, Gwen or Felica for some random new girl I assume will have to be inserted into the comics in the meantime?

Unless there's a Michelle in the comics I don't recall? Was that the name of Vin's sister who Peter thought he got 'drunk' and accidentally slept with?

EDIT: It is! This lady here! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Gonzales

I will assume that won't happen in the movies.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 03-07-2016 at 10:49 AM.

I kinda wanna see what happens tot he universe if they race bend a peter love interest......
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Complete & Utter ☠☠☠☠ Aaron Stack's Avatar

She'll be Mary Jane, watch. And I have NO problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stack View Post
    She's called Michelle, she's not Mary Jane. And seriously if she is and another red head gets axed after Wally and Jimmy (and now possibly even bloody Archie) in live action, fans will be seriously pissed.

I just want to hear who the villain is. Gerald Butler as Kraven sounds good to me, except he had two bad movies come out to bad reviews in less then a month.

Complete & Utter ☠☠☠☠ Aaron Stack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    She's called Michelle, she's not Mary Jane. And seriously if she is and another red head gets axed after Wally and Jimmy (and now possibly even bloody Archie) in live action, fans will be seriously pissed.
    Doubt people will be THAT mad by it. Although I DO fear a ginger revolution happening LOL. She's most likely the Michelle Gonzalez chick.

This is good because I'm SICK of Mary Jane. But that also means MJ will show up with Iron Man in the movies like she is in the books. *shrugs*

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stack View Post
    Race bending Mary Jane? Yeah, I can see that going well with fans, lol.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Race bending Mary Jane? Yeah, I can see that going well with fans, lol.
    Technically she'd only be half race-bending since she's half white.

I can see MJ

To be honest if they were going to include a more recent love interest I would have gone with Carlie Cooper. (Though I always thought she was bland and Gwen Lite so I suspect she wouldn't be that different.) Micelle Gonzales is a little obscure in my opinion, if indeed it is meant to be her...

Deadline says they don't think this is a love interest, but they may not be working off actual intel there. It would be cool if she was playing MJ or someone... but maybe they don't want to steep this franchise in romance right off the bat, as the last few "Spider-Man 1"s did.

I'm I the only one who thinks this movie will be a trainwreck? All the casting seems horrible.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ok, guess they're either creating an entirely new original love interest for Peter or she's just a friend like Liz Allan? Because I feel like this is going to open a lot of cans of worms for some Spider-Man fans if they ditch Betty, MJ, Gwen or Felica for some random new girl I assume will have to be inserted into the comics in the meantime?

Unless there's a Michelle in the comics I don't recall? Was that the name of Vin's sister who Peter thought he got 'drunk' and accidentally slept with?
    Casting calls often use fake names
    Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'm I the only one who thinks this movie will be a trainwreck? All the casting seems horrible.
    How much of the casting have we heard other than Tom Holland and Zendaya?
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Trainwreck is bit strong. I can't see Marvel/Disney doing as bad as Sony. They're clearly going for something a bit different in a very young Parker. The other two incarnations seemed to bypass Parker in school pretty quickly moreso ASM, so I am looking forward to more school time with Parker but on the other hand getting very Disney channel like vibes with the casting and writers etc so this may not be a film for me.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Aloha,
    My friend if you think for one minute that Marvel negotiated getting Spidey back so that they could ruin it, think again.
    Spidey rules
    www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html