Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Zendaya Joins "Spider-Man" Reboot in Leading Role

The Disney Channel star will reportedly play a character named Michelle opposite Tom Holland in Sony and Marvel Studio's co-produced "Spider-Man" film.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ok, guess they're either creating an entirely new original love interest for Peter or she's just a friend like Liz Allan? Because I feel like this is going to open a lot of cans of worms for some Spider-Man fans if they ditch Betty, MJ, Gwen or Felica for some random new girl I assume will have to be inserted into the comics in the meantime?

Unless there's a Michelle in the comics I don't recall? Was that the name of Vin's sister who Peter thought he got 'drunk' and accidentally slept with?

EDIT: It is! This lady here! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Gonzales

I will assume that won't happen in the movies.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 03-07-2016 at 10:49 AM.

I kinda wanna see what happens tot he universe if they race bend a peter love interest......
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Complete & Utter ☠☠☠☠ Aaron Stack's Avatar

She'll be Mary Jane, watch. And I have NO problem with that.

To be honest if they were going to include a more recent love interest I would have gone with Carlie Cooper. (Though I always thought she was bland and Gwen Lite so I suspect she wouldn't be that different.) Micelle Gonzales is a little obscure in my opinion, if indeed it is meant to be her...

Deadline says they don't think this is a love interest, but they may not be working off actual intel there. It would be cool if she was playing MJ or someone... but maybe they don't want to steep this franchise in romance right off the bat, as the last few "Spider-Man 1"s did.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I kinda wanna see what happens tot he universe if they race bend a peter love interest......
    Which is really necessary. As stated Michelle Gonzallez, Glory Grant, and Lily Hollister have been involved on some romantic level with Peter. Creating a new character isn't necessary.

This reminds me of the SJW propaganda MTV is spewing with Francesca Ramsey. She went to New York Comicon and asked the guests to name 7 black characters and none of them could. Now I thought it was poppy cock. But this show skews the truth. She probably didn't show the ones who rattle them off and only went to fans who are fans because of the tv and movies. So because of that they can't name a lot of black characters. Wait what was my point?

Oh! While I agree more diverse characters need to be created, the need to create a OC for the movie isn't necessary for Peter.

Unless it's a black Mary Jane. And you know that doesn't bother me.

It does futher the conspiracy that Hollywood and Comics are out to replace Red Headed and white characters with black characters though.

I'm I the only one who thinks this movie will be a trainwreck? All the casting seems horrible.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stack View Post
    She'll be Mary Jane, watch. And I have NO problem with that.
    She's called Michelle, she's not Mary Jane. And seriously if she is and another red head gets axed after Wally and Jimmy (and now possibly even bloody Archie) in live action, fans will be seriously pissed.

I just want to hear who the villain is. Gerald Butler as Kraven sounds good to me, except he had two bad movies come out to bad reviews in less then a month.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Not a Disney Channel actor!

I like Zendaya, but Michelle Gonzales in a high school Spider-Man movie? Seriously ?

It feels like it would make more sense to make her MJ (which I think she could actually pull off) or even Glory Grant.

I wonder if this raises the possibility of Bella Thorne (Zendaya's Shake it Up! Co-star and real life BFF) getting cast as MJ? I heard some people were hopping that would happen.

Incredible Member

Wonder if they're avoiding MJ to avoid having to drag her back into Peter's life in the books. I'm all for a new main love interest, MJ has earned a looooong break.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ok, guess they're either creating an entirely new original love interest for Peter or she's just a friend like Liz Allan? Because I feel like this is going to open a lot of cans of worms for some Spider-Man fans if they ditch Betty, MJ, Gwen or Felica for some random new girl I assume will have to be inserted into the comics in the meantime?

Unless there's a Michelle in the comics I don't recall? Was that the name of Vin's sister who Peter thought he got 'drunk' and accidentally slept with?
    Casting calls often use fake names
    Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'm I the only one who thinks this movie will be a trainwreck? All the casting seems horrible.
    How much of the casting have we heard other than Tom Holland and Zendaya?
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Complete & Utter ☠☠☠☠ Aaron Stack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    She's called Michelle, she's not Mary Jane. And seriously if she is and another red head gets axed after Wally and Jimmy (and now possibly even bloody Archie) in live action, fans will be seriously pissed.
    Doubt people will be THAT mad by it. Although I DO fear a ginger revolution happening LOL. She's most likely the Michelle Gonzalez chick.

This is good because I'm SICK of Mary Jane. But that also means MJ will show up with Iron Man in the movies like she is in the books. *shrugs*