Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Casting calls often use fake names

How much of the casting have we heard other than Tom Holland and Zendaya?
    Marissa tomei as Aunt May

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this raises the possibility of Bella Thorne (Zendaya's Shake it Up! Co-star and real life BFF) getting cast as MJ? I heard some people were hopping that would happen.
    Please no.

It would suck if they're not going to use MJ at all in the new movies because I feel like she's still yet to be portrayed accurately or done justice in the movies, and she was already cut out of the Amazing movies, so I was hoping the MCU Spider-Man movie would make up for all that .

I mean, she hasn't been in a Spider-Man movie in 9 years. Isn't that a long enough break for the character?

Frankly, from what I've seen of her, I think Zendaya could actually do a good MJ .

But Michelle Gonzales? Really !?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stack View Post
    Doubt people will be THAT mad by it. Although I DO fear a ginger revolution happening LOL. She's most likely the Michelle Gonzalez chick.

This is good because I'm SICK of Mary Jane. But that also means MJ will show up with Iron Man in the movies like she is in the books. *shrugs*
    MJ deserves to be in the new films because she has never been portrayed properly, in my opinion.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I'm I the only one who thinks this movie will be a trainwreck? All the casting seems horrible.
    Trainwreck is bit strong. I can't see Marvel/Disney doing as bad as Sony. They're clearly going for something a bit different in a very young Parker. The other two incarnations seemed to bypass Parker in school pretty quickly moreso ASM, so I am looking forward to more school time with Parker but on the other hand getting very Disney channel like vibes with the casting and writers etc so this may not be a film for me.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Er, I hope that she's not the main romantic interest, I really wanted to see Mary Jane. I would actually prefer for her to be Mary Jane even with the controverse than MJ not being on it(or not being important) at all, but if she's really called Michelle...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    MJ deserves to be in the new films because she has never been portrayed properly, in my opinion.
    I think it's worth noting that MJ appeared in the SM comics after being this mystery girl for quit some time... so would not be surprised to see a similar arc in the movie: "face it, tiger, you just hit the jackpot!"

Also, SONY has done 3 movies with MJ and 2 with Gwen. Considering this is the SECOND Spider-Man reboot in 15 years, I won't blame Marvel/Disney for wanting fresh supporting characters the audience is not familiar with ...

I think she could be Sally Avril, she's already got the hoop earrings down. She was prominent in Untold Tales of Spider-Man and she adds to Peter's classmates.

SALLY.jpg

Ultimate Member

Zendaya is a beautiful young woman.

I don't mind if any character in the comics is race bent for her.

BANNED

If no MJ, would it really be that bad? MJ is not a big deal to me, she's so standard and generic as far as love intrests go, Gwen was a petty thing but had tons of cunning, Felicia was fun personified, Betty was fab fantastic, and Silk was the cloest thing we had to a waifu anime genki girl. MJ is just a messed up chick who has a short temper and a huge amount of ego thinking she's better than Peter where it counts, she sounds like Lois gone Asuka from Evangelion.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post

How much of the casting have we heard other than Tom Holland and Zendaya?
    Tomei as Aunt May. I've really disliked all three so far, partly because the direction just seems so Disney channel with the ultra young cast, and partly because none of the actors seem to have a great film record (tomei at least is a mixed bag, some horrible performances and some good ones)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I just want to hear who the villain is. Gerald Butler as Kraven sounds good to me, except he had two bad movies come out to bad reviews in less then a month.
    Ehh, I don't trust reviews when it comes to action movies. I thought Olympus Has Fallen was very entertaining and it got bad reviews. Also a lot of the reviews I've seen so far for London Has Fallen seem more politically charged than critically motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Trainwreck is bit strong. I can't see Marvel/Disney doing as bad as Sony. They're clearly going for something a bit different in a very young Parker. The other two incarnations seemed to bypass Parker in school pretty quickly moreso ASM, so I am looking forward to more school time with Parker but on the other hand getting very Disney channel like vibes with the casting and writers etc so this may not be a film for me.
    Yeah I should've probably put "potential to be a trainwreck" not "will be".
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Zendaya is a beautiful young woman.

I don't mind if any character in the comics is race bent for her.
    Thanks for letting your testicles do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Ehh, I don't trust reviews when it comes to action movies. I thought Olympus Has Fallen was very entertaining and it got bad reviews. Also a lot of the reviews I've seen so far for London Has Fallen seem more politically charged than critically motivated.
    I liked Olympus has fallen so ill give this one a try but Gods of Eygpt is doing horrible. Either way Butler would be my choice for an older Kraven.