Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Ugh. Has she ever even had a serious acting role?

If she is the love interest, I'd definitely rather have her as MJ than an OC or minor character. Race isn't really relevant.
    Cyclops was right

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSwarthout View Post
    Thanks for letting your testicles do the talking.
    A man calling a young woman beautiful is bad thing now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yes. It's 2016. Get with the program!

dang the House of Mouse has some serious pull

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    No, but using her beauty as your sole criteria for wanting her in a comics adaptation is.

Who's to say the role is even that big, Marvel said they want to focus on High school life for Peter Parker.

Zendaya seems like she'll play a role similar to sally arvil, like the very first episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man, She'll probably be the unobtainable crush/popular girl for peter while still keeping a role similar to that of the comics which was basically making his (high school) life as horrible as possible. And if you really think about it do we really want another sterotypical paker/tompson confrontation again, if anything that would make the movie feel re-petitive. Maybe this time Peter is attacked socially instead of phisically.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

People are going to do this with every bit of casting news they hear, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post
    Who's to say the role is even that big, Marvel said they want to focus on High school life for Peter Parker.

Zendaya seems like she'll play a role similar to sally arvil, like the very first episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man, She'll probably be the unobtainable crush/popular girl for peter while still keeping a role similar to that of the comics which was basically making his (high school) life as horrible as possible. And if you really think about it do we really want another sterotypical paker/tompson confrontation again, if anything that would make the movie feel re-petitive. Maybe this time Peter is attacked socially instead of phisically.
    Yeah, she could be like Spectacular's Latina Liz Allan or Sally Avril, the unobtainable Head Cheerleader/Queen Bee.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yes. It's 2016. Get with the program!
    Yeah, I didn't read the memo

BANNED

At this point, I would prefer anyone other than MJ or Gwen as Pete's love interest, at least initially. If they're planning on doing multiple movies set in high school, then they can introduce Gwen and/or MJ over time. I wouldn't mind seeing Deb Whitman or Glory Grant to kick things off.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People are going to do this with every bit of casting news they hear, aren't they?

I would be totally cool with an all-new character as the love interest (if that's what 'Michelle' will even be) in the movie. It seems like every superhero movie trilogy has the love interest in the first film become 'the one.' I think it would be more realistic if she's a girl Peter develops a crush on who rejects him or breaks his heart, only for him to find love later with someone else (like MJ in a future movie). It would show the everyman aspect--who hasn't faced rejection at some point in their life?

Maybe she is a race bent Felicia Hardy?? After all the Spider-Gwen universe Felicia is black, and looks a lot like Zendaya.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

She could be playing Anya Corazon A.K.A. Arana A.K.A. 616 Spider-girl, or she could be playing Marķa Aracely Josefina Penalba de las Heras A.K.A Hummingbird, who was the second Scarlet Spider's sidekick.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Isn't Michelle Gonzalez Peter's asshole roommate who had really skeevy sex with the Chameleon-disguised-as-Peter? Because of all the characters they could have gone with...

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    If no MJ, would it really be that bad? MJ is not a big deal to me, she's so standard and generic as far as love intrests go, Gwen was a petty thing but had tons of cunning, Felicia was fun personified, Betty was fab fantastic, and Silk was the cloest thing we had to a waifu anime genki girl. MJ is just a messed up chick who has a short temper and a huge amount of ego thinking she's better than Peter where it counts, she sounds like Lois gone Asuka from Evangelion.
    Felicia is the only one of those you listed that is interesting. Gwen's default settings were jealousy and sobbing, while Betty is just..insane. I know little about Silk, but what little I do know I want no part of. And no way is MJ as messed up as Asuka (who herself gets her flaws exaggerated by some circles).