Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Default Characters Missing from ANAD Marvel

So I have not tried most of the new titles yet, and I am curious what has become of some of my favorite characters. So if anyone can tell me if some of these people are around (or alternatively post their own missing characters).

Manifold (Eden Fesi): He died in Secret Wars, but I would expect him to be back. Maybe Hickman was the only writer who liked him, but he's a personal favorite.
    Cannonball, Smasher, and their kid: I think they were all alive last time I checked.
    Fantomex: I'm not even sure where he last was.

Not sure about the others, but Fantomex is in Uncanny X-men by Cullen Bunn.

Smasher appeared in Ultimates 3. She's still with Imperial Guard.

Did any UK characters appear?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Thor (Odinson) and Bruce Banner are the big ones that are MIA.

Hazmat, Odinson (cheap, I know), Tigra, Patriot (Eli Bradley), Nick Fury, and Bruce Banner are the first ones that come to my mind.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Has Wonderman showed up anyway or even been mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Has Wonderman showed up anyway or even been mentioned?
    Still missing/dead. Thought he would have been back post-Secret Wars but Rogue still has his powers and WM is still goooonnnnnnneee....

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Has Rogue mentioned him and is it still his powers that she has? Has she turned into a ionic energy form yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    So I have not tried most of the new titles yet, and I am curious what has become of some of my favorite characters. So if anyone can tell me if some of these people are around (or alternatively post their own missing characters).

Cannonball, Smasher, and their kid: I think they were all alive last time I checked.
    I'm... not sure if they would be together? Or if their kid even exists any more. When Black Panther used the Reality-gem to recreate Earth-616, time seems to have restarted from around the point of the beginning of Hickman's first arc - hence, his Uber-team of Avengers doesn't seem to have formed... Since they formed because Iron Man felt that with the dangers of the Incursions, they couldn't afford to allow any other big threats to get in the way of stopping them.

If that's the case... I don't think Cannonball and Smasher would actually even have met! Hence, their kid can't have been borne.

But then... there is something here that I'm curious about - in Avengers #43, we see Smasher giving her daughter to POD, to take inside her armour, and jump via AIM's Auger-portal into "white space" - the place between dimensions, occupied by the likes of the Map-Makers and so on, if they are unable to save Earth from the Sh'Iar, and the final Incursion. (they beat the Sh'iar, but the final incursion destroyed the Universe)

Since then, as far as I know, we never saw if Pod actually jumped through the auger with their little baby, and survived the Incursion. We KNOW that her armour actually can do that - it's that friggin' powerful - she's like a mini survivor-raft in herself.

However... we also know that Pod is back now - on Dacosta's Avengers-team. But have we seen her mention knowledge about the Incursions and such...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Has Rogue mentioned him and is it still his powers that she has? Has she turned into an ionic energy form yet?
    Sadly, she hasn't used his ionic form yet. The reason she is still able to fly and use super strength is that she permanently has Wonder Man's powers, sort of like when she had Captain Marvel's power. Hopefully, we get a mention before the crapfest that is Civil War II....

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I'm... not sure if they would be together? Or if their kid even exists any more. When Black Panther used the Reality-gem to recreate Earth-616, time seems to have restarted from around the point of the beginning of Hickman's first arc - hence, his Uber-team of Avengers doesn't seem to have formed... Since they formed because Iron Man felt that with the dangers of the Incursions, they couldn't afford to allow any other big threats to get in the way of stopping them.

If that's the case... I don't think Cannonball and Smasher would actually even have met! Hence, their kid can't have been borne.

But then... there is something here that I'm curious about - in Avengers #43, we see Smasher giving her daughter to POD, to take inside her armour, and jump via AIM's Auger-portal into "white space" - the place between dimensions, occupied by the likes of the Map-Makers and so on, if they are unable to save Earth from the Sh'Iar, and the final Incursion. (they beat the Sh'iar, but the final incursion destroyed the Universe)

Since then, as far as I know, we never saw if Pod actually jumped through the auger with their little baby, and survived the Incursion. We KNOW that her armour actually can do that - it's that friggin' powerful - she's like a mini survivor-raft in herself.

However... we also know that Pod is back now - on Dacosta's Avengers-team. But have we seen her mention knowledge about the Incursions and such...?

But if the events of New Avengers never happened, why would Da Costa own AIM at all? It seems like a good chunk of the events still happened...

Quote Originally Posted by RonFett View Post
    Thor (Odinson) and Bruce Banner are the big ones that are MIA.
    Did we ever find out what made Odinson unworthy? I feel like we may never get that revelation...

Also, I didn't realize Banner was just gone. The problem with the eight month jump is it means we never got a clear clarification of what the status quo is in the new rebooted universe (possibly because no one has any idea). I love Hickman's work unconditionally, but the way it's been integrated into the 616 continuity leaves something to be desired.

Extraordinary Member

Bruce banner was shown in some recent issues in all new all different marvel.
    You could find the info below.
    You could find others in the links too.

Hulk (Marvel)(01 - Bruce Banner) - Chronological Listing
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=397

and
    Category:Robert Bruce Banner (Earth-616)/Appearances - Marvel ...
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...29/Appearances

and here
    Hulk (Robert Bruce Banner) - Marvel Database - Wikia
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hulk

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

On the Inhuman front:
    I think Lockjaw was mentioned, but hasn't been seen.
    Luna (Crystal's daughter) appears also to be MIA.

Also, around 80% of mutants are missing.