Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default So Has Marvel's Capture Of The Former Spawn Character Angela turned out good for them so far in your opinion?

I cannot say for certain as i never read the marvel books she was apart of...but i thought this would be an interesting subject to discuss since at this point she's been with the guardians of the galaxy had her own solo series a secret wars mini and then another solo series and finally she leaves that solo series to go work for loki as his bodyguard in Vote Loki

do you think angela has made a good impression on marvel readers and the marvel universe as a large since joining it?

Ultimate Member

I've enjoyed her in everything I've seen her in so far (Guardians, solo series, Secret Wars)... so, personally, yes.

The only thing that would be better is if Neil Gaiman had written her series and Sara Pichelli or Jerome Opena had illustrated it.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-31-2016 at 11:51 PM.

She won the new character poll for the Marvel Heroes game, so... people seem to like her fine. I've liked her. I was iffy on the whole 10th Realm bit, but I don't have a problem with her being a long lost sister of Thor and Loki, and think there is some story potential there that has yet to be explored. I think Marvel may have been a bit overly ambitious with giving her a solo so soon, but I don't think she has been poorly received overall.

Niffleheim

Since i saw her in Thor and Loki's Original Sin's tie-in i have been a fan. I didn't like/read her current book but that's only due to my bias because i love Hela so much and the title of the ongoing didn't endear her to me. I still like what she adds to the dynamic in Asgard and the Marvel Universe as a whole. She was even recently featured in GOTG animation which i loved so much.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Since i saw her in Thor and Loki's Original Sin's tie-in i have been a fan. I didn't like/read her current book but that's only due to my bias because i love Hela so much and the title of the ongoing didn't endear her to me. I still like what she adds to the dynamic in Asgard and the Marvel Universe as a whole. She was even recently featured in GOTG animation which i loved so much.
    oh, yeah. I didn't like the latest run, but that was more to do with the writing than the character, and it felt like they were kinda of mangling some things from one of my all time favorite runs, Gillen's JIM. Still cool with her as a character, though, and am looking forward to seeing her in Vote Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    She won the new character poll for the Marvel Heroes game, so... people seem to like her fine. I've liked her. I was iffy on the whole 10th Realm bit, but I don't have a problem with her being a long lost sister of Thor and Loki, and think there is some story potential there that has yet to be explored. I think Marvel may have been a bit overly ambitious with giving her a solo so soon, but I don't think she has been poorly received overall.
    What was her competition in Marvel Heroes poll?

Niffleheim

oh, yeah. I didn't like the latest run, but that was more to do with the writing than the character, and it felt like they were kinda of mangling some things from one of my all time favorite runs, Gillen's JIM. Still cool with her as a character, though, and am looking forward to seeing her in Vote Loki.
    I'm looking forward to her in Vote Loki too.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What was her competition in Marvel Heroes poll?
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...2016-hero.aspx

Green Goblin, Gamora, Kamala, Miles Morales, Wasp

I think a group of Angela fans made a very aggressive push to get people to go vote for her, which some of the other characters lacked, but still.

But we still got Green Goblin before Angela. The rest are not on the list of upcoming playable characters over the next year. (Black Bolt, Elektra, Nick Fury, Beast, and, kinda bizarrely, Ultron) but Miles and Kamala will be teamups (and Gamora and Wasp already are teamups).
    Last edited by Raye; 03-31-2016 at 09:56 PM.

BANNED

weird that You'd get angela before miles morales and kamala khan seeing the big push both of them are getting in the marvel universe while there's numerous people who still don't know who the hell angela is(even ones who do read comics I've discovered)and that question seemed to be asked a lot when that marvel heroes poll came out

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    weird that You'd get angela before miles morales and kamala khan seeing the big push both of them are getting in the marvel universe while there's numerous people who still don't know who the hell angela is(even ones who do read comics I've discovered)and that question seemed to be asked a lot when that marvel heroes poll came out
    Well, im more weird out that Ultron is going to playable.

haven't seen her in anything Marvel related
    The J-man

Angela is amazing; loving her addition to the Marvel world
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

There have been some very good issues and on the whole Angela is being used a lot more in Marvel than she was previously. I wouldn't be surprised if she now has more appearances in Marvel than she did in any of the Spawn material.

I suspect they gave Gillen the job as a safe pair of hands, given that he works within Gaiman's tradition, but since he left the book things have gone awry IMO. Angela is a tricky character to get right, and I don't think Bennett has her at all. The most recent volume is falling faster than Lucifer. Pairing Angela with a cultural reference quipping, unfunny innuendo dropping, fourth wall breaking Sera was a terrible idea. Sera was shaping up to be an interesting character before this volume, but it has all gone wrong.

Hopefully the next person to work with Angela in more than just a team book, will have something more interesting to say.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-01-2016 at 08:25 AM.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...2016-hero.aspx

Green Goblin, Gamora, Kamala, Miles Morales, Wasp

I think a group of Angela fans made a very aggressive push to get people to go vote for her, which some of the other characters lacked, but still.

But we still got Green Goblin before Angela. The rest are not on the list of upcoming playable characters over the next year. (Black Bolt, Elektra, Nick Fury, Beast, and, kinda bizarrely, Ultron) but Miles and Kamala will be teamups (and Gamora and Wasp already are teamups).
    I wish I would have known about this. I so would have voted Kamala. If you could vote multiple times or multiple characters, then I would have voted for Kamala and Wasp.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I enjoy her solo BUT the initial impact she made I think has faded away personally.