08.) The Gathering of Five (1998)
    07.) Life-Theft (1993)
    06.) Sins Remembered (2005)
    05.) Power Play (2016)
    04.) The "Death" of Mary Jane (2000)
    03.) Maximum Clonage (1995)
    02.) One Moment in Time (2010)
    01.) One More Day (2007)

Feel free to agree/disagree and list your own below.
    Last edited by Masked Guy; 07-19-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Incredible Member

1- One More Day
    2- One Moment in Time
    3- Sins Past
    4- 90's Clone Saga
    5- Sins Remembered
    6- The "Death" of Mary Jane
    7- Maximum Carnage
    8- Gathering of the Five
    9- Power Play
    10- Peter's Robot Parents
    11- Peter Parker No More
    12- Superior Spider Man
    13- Clone Conspiracy
    14- Spider Man Civil War
    15- Spider Man Reign

Fantastic Member

I can't think of 15 bad stories right now, so I'll just give the sinful seven. Will add more if I think of any

7. Sins Past
    6. Torment
    5. MJ's fake death storyline
    4. Recent .1 series with that religious team
    3. ASM605-607. Ruined Black Cat and made Peter an insensitive jerk
    2. One More Day.
    1. One Moment in Time. Bad enough they take the characters history away, they then give us this insulting, plot hole ridden piece of crap with recycled art and have the gall to charge more for it if memory serves. Worst story ever.

10. Dan Slott's Spider-Man
    9. Dan Slott's Spider-Man
    8. Dan Slott's Spider-Man
    7. Dan Slott's Spider-Man
    6. Dan Slott's Spider-Man
    5. Dan Slott's Spider-Man
    4. Dan Slott's Spider-Man
    3. Bland New Day
    2. One Moment In Time
    1. One More Day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    3. Bland New Day
    2. One Moment In Time
    1. One More Day
    I'm not sure why, but I'm getting the impression that you aren't a Dan Slott fan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    3. Bland New Day
    2. One Moment In Time
    1. One More Day
    Your dislike of current ASM and Dan Slott himself is noted and you've a right to your own opinion (i pro marriage fan BTW), but you could take it down a notch on the dislike for him and ASM.

My biggest problem remains The Clone Saga. The return of Norman is the main dividing line in the book. There's before Norman's return and after Norman's return. And the book's never felt quite right since.

A lot of the stuff I hate though, a lot of people seem to love. I don't think I've read more than a few bits and pieces from the infamous Mackie run . . . so with that in mind, Todd McFarlane is probably the absolute worst Spider-Man writer to me.

(It probably doesn't help that I read an interview where he described his writing method which was him basically drawing stuff he thought was cool and then laying the pages on the ground and moving them around in order until they started to look like a story to him.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    My biggest problem remains The Clone Saga. The return of Norman is the main dividing line in the book. There's before Norman's return and after Norman's return. And the book's never felt quite right since.

A lot of the stuff I hate though, a lot of people seem to love. I don't think I've read more than a few bits and pieces from the infamous Mackie run . . . so with that in mind, Todd McFarlane is probably the absolute worst Spider-Man writer to me.

(It probably doesn't help that I read an interview where he described his writing method which was him basically drawing stuff he thought was cool and then laying the pages on the ground and moving them around in order until they started to look like a story to him.)
    I personally loved Norman Osborn's return and The Night Gwen Stacy Died is my favorite comic of all time. As for Todd McFarlane, he was an undeniably great artist, but a rather lackluster writer. That being said, my least-favorite Spider-Man writer of all time would probably be Denny O'Neil. His entire run ranged from average to awful.

Incredible Member

Oh Howard Mackie. Worst Spidey run ever. Horrid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Oh Howard Mackie. Worst Spidey run ever. Horrid.
    It's a shame because Mackie actually did a few solid tales in the 90s (like Night of The Goblin and Free Fall). He even contributed to the great Revenge of The Green Goblin story arc by Roger Stern and Paul Jenkins. With that in mind, it's a shame that his run from 1999-2001 was so horrid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    It's a shame because Mackie actually did a few solid tales in the 90s (like Night of The Goblin and Free Fall). He even contributed to the great Revenge of The Green Goblin story arc by Roger Stern and Paul Jenkins. With that in mind, it's a shame that his run from 1999-2001 was so horrid.
    Well he also handled X-Factor which was the volume where Cyclops abandoned his wife Madelyne for the newly resurrected Jean.

A bottom 15 might be hard, because I tend not to talk about really poorly written comics all that much. The crossover with Nova from Wolfman's ASM isn't going to be mentioned much, except in discussions of the worst Amazing Spider-Man issue before ASM 200, even if it is pretty terrible.

Some stories get attention because there was one particularly lame moment, or because it was consequential in some way, but there is also poorly written trash that didn't make any impact whatsoever, and can be promptly forgotten. There was a particularly bad two part Spider-Man Adventures comic (that was set in the universe of the Fox cartoon) although it might be punching down to pick on stories published in a cheapie (99 cents cover price at a time when two bucks was the norm) decades ago.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It's hard for me to give you 15, but I will add Reign in there as my least favorite. I'd maybe read it again in the distant future, but not anytime soon. I really disliked it when I first read it. And I remember it getting such good reviews by some reviewers on Amazon. Interesting how different we can all see a story.

Fantastic Member

This says it great ...

I'd add after this period you have the bankruptcy and revenue streams divesting - which kind of put the book in the back seat ... But while we have ups and downs; you can trace a lot of what I think is lacking to the paragraph above...

In a lot of ways, it's the first "do you read the book you are editing?" moment, still digging out of that hole - trying to capture the spark 80s.

The great isn't classic, the good is still good, but the bad is just sooo bad... We may laugh about the Spider Buggy or debate about Gwens death 40 years later - but it all fits in the universe, balances pretty well with what replaced it and doesn't feel malicious...

My list is small, predictable -

Sins anything, one more day, moment, parts of the clone saga, The MJ gets womb raided arc, return of aunt may, whatever story snipered the Gwen Clone, Norman and the scriers ... And I swear I'm not trying to remember this wrong - something about young May and Richard Parker being Peters parents after ... I love May; in the asexual way one loves a 200 year old zombie.

Honorable mention to turning into a literal spider, dying, then being born from the corpse and the whole chapter 1 / MJ cancer thing.

Basically - if you suddenly go all ooc and weird on the charectors, I'm not going to like it