Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Until it's official, I won't believe it.

Not even opposed to the idea that MJ can be black (if her hair ain't red you lost me), just seems weird that they are keeping this super secrety.
    http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/zenda...-man-role.html

Vulture is confirming this with their own sources, which confirms what Mister Mets said above (that the secret is plot related)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

It's gonna be a She's All That.... Nerd girl looks amazing when she dresses up type reveal.

Most beautiful female leads in any Spider-Man (shit super hero) film hands down

Laura & Z are stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It's gonna be a She's All That.... Nerd girl looks amazing when she dresses up type reveal.

Most beautiful female leads in any Spider-Man (shit super hero) film hands down

Laura & Z are stunning.
    And when she dyes her hair (hopefully) .

Astonishing Member

Well.... I have to be honest, I'm not 100% convinced of this. But I have to admit, Zendaya really looks good with red hair. And she surely can have MJ's attitude, as I saw her roles in "Shake It Up", "A.N.T. Farm" and "K.C. Undercover". It could actually work.

You know?, now that I mention "K.C. Undercover", thinking about her with red hair, I think she could represent another popular redhaired from Disney: Kim Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post

Vulture is confirming this with their own sources, which confirms what Mister Mets said above (that the secret is plot related)
    Vulture is confirming it based off of Wrap.com's report. Wrap itself is telling it based off a leaked script of an earlier version.
    It could end up being accurate, but Marvel Studios has done a great job of preventing leaks for a lot of their movies from happening. So that's why I'm really sceptical about it.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post

And, as that article also points out, it's not the first instance of a film studio doing something like this, in which they introduce a "new character" no one has ever heard of, only to then reveal in the movie that that character was really an iconic fan-favorite all along. Sometimes that strategy really works, like Naomi Harris in Skyfall. Or it winds up being a complete and colossal dud like Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek Into Darkness, or Marion Coutland in Dark Knight Rises because everybody was able to open the "Mystery Box" before the movie came out.

Which would also give the iconic "Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" scene a whole new meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And when she dyes her hair (hopefully) .
    We can only hope
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I do hope this true. For a while there I thought we may have yet another Spider-Man movie without MJ in it.

Zendaya is very pretty and model-y looking and has the right kind of personallity. I can totally see her being Mary Jane. I really hope they give her the red hair like we've seen on the internet.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Wow really impressed with your opinion. Don't care about Z but just wants the character back regardless

Kudos

Fantastic Member

we already have a black liz allen, an asian ned leeds and an indian flash thompson.

Is it really too much to ask that you just give us our comic book original Mary Jane.

Shocker will be played by a black actor as well according to the leaked cast sheet.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

BANNED

Spidey fans will be divided on this one because MJ is a redhead, not a white/black young lady with red hair. Although it makes sense that a young Peter would hook up with someone outside his race because this story takes place in NY. And NY is filled with people from all over the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    we already have a black liz allen, an asian ned leeds and an indian flash thompson.

Is it really too much to ask that you just give us our comic book original Mary Jane.

Shocker will be played by a black actor as well according to the leaked cast sheet.
    Nothing wrong with asking for that but if you do, you will set off the SJW alarm.

That's how it pretty much happened in Ultimate Spider-Man too so there's precedence

Givvadamn about her race or whether she has red hair or not. I'm all for this.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Givvadamn about her race or whether she has red hair or not. I'm all for this.
    I am too. It's a potentially new interesting take on the Spider-Man mythos, and one of the long standing characters of the Spider-Man mythos.

Seeing some of the vile, disgusting, racist comments coming out of some Spidey "fans" over this possible casting has been absolutely sickening. And it makes me want it all the more.

I think Zendaya can do a great job of capturing Mary Jane's personality, as well as her drop-dead gorgeous looks, so I'm perfectly happy with her playing MJ, so long as the writing and her use in the film holds up .

I still hope she dyes her hair though...