Default Catwoman 50 Preview/Discussion

DC has released the preview for issue 50.
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/03...ay-catwoman-50

BANNED

This was damn good and the set up for the next arc is intriguing.

Always Rakzo

Liked this. The dynamic between Selina and Lex was well done. The set-up for the next story was interesting enough. Finally, the last little story was tons of fun and perfectly in character.

Great art from Miranda too.

I liked this arc a lot. I think Tieri has Selina's voice down pretty well. The only thing I didn't like is that it was padded with additional stories just to justify the higher price for the 50th issue, but that's standard Big Two BS.

Sorry not to see a Catwoman solo after Rebirth. But if she has anthology stories in other books I hope to see this team working on her again.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Haven't read this yet, I just think it's funny how this series is ending almost exactly like her 90s book, between her relocating to NY, being framed for murder, and now being in prison. Valentine even had two Catwomen running around again!

If that's the case, hopefully this all means that her next run will be Brubaker quality.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Catwoman #50 is GOLD. I've enjoyed this entire story arc and this issue wrapped it up nicely. I love the cameos. Tieri is putting a lot of guest stars in his books, and I gotta say, I love it. This is the Catwoman story I've been waiting for.

This is the first time in a very long time that Catwoman has felt like part of a big comic book universe and not just a Batman associate.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Do true. And the arc resolution, while seemingly rushed, actually read like it went down at a comfortable reading pace. Great fights, sweet fellow-"GCS" cameos, the counter-gambit against Lex, and the antagonist comeuppances. Brava!

In this issue Selina did not come across as just a Bat-franchise regular, or a Bat-Man/Family associate like Ticklefist said. She came off as a veritable solo juggernaut, an iconic DC character who could stand toe to toe with anyone and everyone else of the 'verse outside the Bat-label, and maybe nick a grappling gun or two while she's at it.

Yeah, the second backup was platinum. Especially liked the (most likely retread) idea of the JL (though probably most Batman as usual) hiring Selina on as the most hardcore security systems "consultant" you could get outside of an "adjectival" Snake. Magnificent banter emphasizes that not only is Selina un-intimidated by anyone of the Leaguers, but that they could come off as "chummy". That's Catwoman for you. Great return to form; hope she still pops up post-Rebirth even sans solo title.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

When did Selina go blonde?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    When did Selina go blonde?
    Catwoman #48

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

With requisite Michelle Pfeifer reference too. With the refs coming out of her mouth, Selina somewhat sounds like a movie buff.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

While the artwork is beautiful in these past few issues, I find the choices for Selina's appearance particularly strange because she looks exactly like Sharon Stone in the 2004 Catwoman film.

A man can dream that the Sirens getting back together is a tease to a future on-going.

Tieri's run reminds me of a more put together version of Winnick's from way back in 2011. It's light reading at its finest, and the truest to form the book's felt in a while. Kind of disappointed we're not getting full 12-issue run out of it.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    A man can dream that the Sirens getting back together is a tease to a future on-going.

Tieri's run reminds me of a more put together version of Winnick's from way back in 2011. It's light reading at its finest, and the truest to form the book's felt in a while. Kind of disappointed we're not getting full 12-issue run out of it.
    Agree with everything you've said here. I really hope that Tieri gets a shot at her however she's used in Rebirth.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

BANNED

Finally caught up with Tieri's run. Now I know how Goldilocks felt when she found the bed that was just right.
    They should have started with this tone in the nu52 (but chucked the god awful costume). Fast paced and smart. Selina having to think on her feet. Really like the twist at the end with Mr Blonde.

Not sure what the two extra features were and if they'll matter at all for the last two issues. Have a feeling Selina's doing a tour of duty around the DCU means only one thing. She deserves a well needed rest after DC doing everything in their power to muck her up.

As for Rebirth, let it be stillborn. Like the DCEU.