Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Horror comics

Default Horror comics

I asked this question a while back but alot has came out since so i'm asking again
    What are some great horror comics? Dosnt have to be just a horror series like wytches, hellboy etc But also looking for horror stuff in superhero comics like a horror run in batman, spiderman, justice league etc. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I asked this question a while back but alot has came out since so i'm asking again
    What are some great horror comics? Dosnt have to be just a horror series like wytches, hellboy etc But also looking for horror stuff in superhero comics like a horror run in batman, spiderman, justice league etc. Thanks
    Hellblazer.
    It's more dark fantasy but there are a lot of unpleasant things happening in there.
    Fatale from Brubaker and Philips is horror noir, really good story.
    Morrison's Kid Eternity is a horror take on a golden age superhero. Weird stuff I would recommend looking up the original character just to have a point of reference.
    Morrison's Nameless is coming out very soon, what I've read of it was really good but bit mind bending.
    Everybody loves Uzamaki but I've never read it, seemed bit too bizarre for me.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Hellblazer, Sandman, Locke&Key and Spectre by Ostrander.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hellblazer, Sandman, Locke&Key and Spectre by Ostrander.
    yes, forgot Locke & Key and Spectre. I prefer Locke & Key to be honest but both are good. Sandman on the other hand as horror?hmmm hmmmm....
    Demon by Ennis. dark huomor, quite gruesome sometimes. Fun stuff.

Incredible Member

Harrow County is one of the best monthly books currently running, first trade is out on shelves i believe but the monthlies come with an extra 1/2 page ghost story that sent supposed to be in the collected editions, highly recommended

The Cape by Joe Hill is pretty good, you can get both stories in 1 HC.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes, forgot Locke & Key and Spectre. I prefer Locke & Key to be honest but both are good. Sandman on the other hand as horror?hmmm hmmmm....
    Demon by Ennis. dark huomor, quite gruesome sometimes. Fun stuff.
    It's on the same level as Hellblazer for me. Dark fantasy with horror elements. Especially the first issues of Sandman have clear horror influences. Apart from that, it's simply essential reading
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Rachel Rising is available as a monthly and in collected trades.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Rachel Rising is available as a monthly and in collected trades.
    IIRC there is an omnibus sorta thing coming.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's on the same level as Hellblazer for me. Dark fantasy with horror elements. Especially the first issues of Sandman have clear horror influences. Apart from that, it's simply essential reading
    you are right, I keep forgetting how many horror elements it have in the first 2 volumes. I mean, serial killer convention! Silly me.

Mighty Member

I second Rachel Rising. Wonderful book. Severed is pretty decent as well.

And I'll second (third?) Locke and Key another comixology sale purchase that resulted in me buying a half dozen hardcovers!

Thanks guys. I read the first vol of locke and key and loved it. Was gonna get the master edition and forgot about it, thanks for the reminder! Also see vol 2 is comming as well, cant wait. Btw is the master editions oversized? Are there any other oversized editions of it?

I'm highly interested in Rachel Rising. Any more info on a omnibus comming out or not? I saw a interview here on CBR when he said no about an omnibus and wouldnt think about it until the series is finished. So is it finished or still ongoing?

I would love a dc or marvel anthology horror series with rotating characters!

Thanks guys. I read the first vol of locke and key and loved it. Was gonna get the master edition and forgot about it, thanks for the reminder! Also see vol 2 is comming as well, cant wait. Btw is the master editions oversized? Are there any other oversized editions of it?

I'm highly interested in Rachel Rising. Any more info on a omnibus comming out or not? I saw a interview here on CBR when he said no about an omnibus and wouldnt think about it until the series is finished. So is it finished or still ongoing?

I would love a dc or marvel anthology horror series with rotating characters!
    yes the master edition is oversized, nice book can't wait for v2 to finally come out.
    there is a limited ed slipcase version but it's not finished, no one knows if it ever will be and quite pricey as well.

Not sure about Rachel rising, someone mentioned it in one of the threads but can't remember where and who.

Terry Moore announced that Rachel Rising will be ending with issue 42. Being at issue 40, there are just two left to go.

This saddens me; since I have really enjoyed this series. I highly recommend it.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex