Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horror comics

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes the master edition is oversized, nice book can't wait for v2 to finally come out.
    there is a limited ed slipcase version but it's not finished, no one knows if it ever will be and quite pricey as well.

Not sure about Rachel rising, someone mentioned it in one of the threads but can't remember where and who.
    That would be moi.

He would like to do edition similar to SiP slipcase. Coming out this summer if we're lucky.

Uzumaki - more creepy and bizarre than pure horror but I love it.

Dark Knight, Dark City - collected in tpb, one of the best Batman stories.

30 Days of Nights - Tempelsmith's art is pure evil.

Swamp Thing - pure horror, one of the best runs in history from Moore.

Batman - Vampire - with incredible art by Kelley Jones.

Impaler (Image I think) , Hell House (IDW) are great books and cover different aspects of the horror genre and as for Marvel horror you should check out the Haunts of Horror books by Richard Corben. Also surprised no one has mentioned The Walking Dead. Maybe it is too obvious a call?

Also for Marvel superhero horror you should check out the vastly underrated X-Men: Appocalypse vs Dracula and (though I've not read it) the X-Men vampire story arc by Victor Gischler Stuart Moore and co.
    Last edited by Mr`Orange; 03-09-2016 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I miss good ol' EC comics, especially Tales from the Crypt.
    I read a couple volumes from the reprinted Dark Horse OHCs and actually like these stories quite a bit. Some of the ideas are predictable, but are still enjoyable as classic horror nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    That would be moi.

He would like to do edition similar to SiP slipcase. Coming out this summer if we're lucky.

Uzumaki - more creepy and bizarre than pure horror but I love it.

Dark Knight, Dark City - collected in tpb, one of the best Batman stories.

30 Days of Nights - Tempelsmith's art is pure evil.

Swamp Thing - pure horror, one of the best runs in history from Moore.

Batman - Vampire - with incredible art by Kelley Jones.
    ah great, the sooner RR comes out the better. Want to read it.
    Speakin' of Templesmith, Wormwood Gentleman corpse is horror-comedy, excellent stuff, Templesmith's art is awesome in that.
    Since 30days is written by Niles I wouldn't touch that with a stick, after Criminal Macabre which I found a steaming pile of garbage and one of the rare books that actually made me angry. Donno why, I can't put my finger on it but 5 pages in and I was soooo irritated.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Beasts of Burden: A group of neighborhood dogs investigate paranormal stuff that occur in their town. The art is amazing.

The Doom That Came to Gotham: Elseworlds written by Mike Mignola, mixing Batman and Lovecraft.

The Deadliest Night of My Life (Daredevil 208) - Daredevil story written by horror/sci-fi writer Harlan Ellison. Not exactly horror, but creepy.

The Enigma of Amigara Fault, by Junji Ito

The Drifting Classroom: This is one messed up story. Seriously. Messed. Up.

Flies on the Ceiling (Love & Rockets 29)

Of course, Hellblazer. But I will pick one issue in particular: Hellblazer 51 "Counting to Ten' - John goes to a laundromat. And it's creepy as hell.

Umpteenth-ing Rachel Rising. Also, Rucka's Black Magick is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ah great, the sooner RR comes out the better. Want to read it.
    Speakin' of Templesmith, Wormwood Gentleman corpse is horror-comedy, excellent stuff, Templesmith's art is awesome in that.
    Since 30days is written by Niles I wouldn't touch that with a stick, after Criminal Macabre which I found a steaming pile of garbage and one of the rare books that actually made me angry. Donno why, I can't put my finger on it but 5 pages in and I was soooo irritated.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, writing is not the best, it's all right I suppose, but this art just kills.

Strange Embrace

Anyone read Outcast? http://www.amazon.com/Outcast-Kirkma...=locke+and+key

This sounds awesome to me, supposed to be about exrocisms. Although never read the walking dead I do not care for the show. Hopefully its not like that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Anyone read Outcast? http://www.amazon.com/Outcast-Kirkma...=locke+and+key

This sounds awesome to me, supposed to be about exrocisms. Although never read the walking dead I do not care for the show. Hopefully its not like that.
    oh, yeah. i forgot about this. i've been reading this in trade. its pretty good so far, though it's more questions than answers at this point. It's gonna be a show on showtime i believe this summer/fall maybe? so it kinda has a feel like it was written for tv, if you know what i mean. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    oh, yeah. i forgot about this. i've been reading this in trade. its pretty good so far, though it's more questions than answers at this point. It's gonna be a show on showtime i believe this summer/fall maybe? so it kinda has a feel like it was written for tv, if you know what i mean. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.
    So its still ongoing I take it? If so ill probably wait till its finished. I hate reading a series and not being able to finish it due to a trade release.

Strange Embrace is an absolute MUST READ if you're a horror fan. It's one of the creepiest, one of the best horror comic books you'll ever read. Trust me.

Uzumaki is also fantastic.

Green Wake.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So its still ongoing I take it? If so ill probably wait till its finished. I hate reading a series and not being able to finish it due to a trade release.
    i imagine OHC's and then slipcase editions as it's a Kirkman book

Some really great suggestions in here, I've been eyeing Rachel Rising and will definitely pick up a hc whenever it arises.

I would highly second the suggestions of titles like Beast of Burden, Moore's Swamp Thing, Uzumaki, and Fatale.

Other titles I enjoy are Nailbiter which is something like a cross between Silence of the Lambs & Twin Peaks. I would also suggest trying Revival which feels like Fargo but with supernatural elements basically crime/horror hybrids.

I know the original poster already included stuff like Hellboy, but I'm a big fan of the universe and it certainly always deserves a mention along with the old EC Comics stuff which I would describe as a kind of quick campfire story with some of the best art I've ever seen in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Some really great suggestions in here, I've been eyeing Rachel Rising and will definitely pick up a hc whenever it arises.

I would highly second the suggestions of titles like Beast of Burden, Moore's Swamp Thing, Uzumaki, and Fatale.

Other titles I enjoy are Nailbiter which is something like a cross between Silence of the Lambs & Twin Peaks. I would also suggest trying Revival which feels like Fargo but with supernatural elements basically crime/horror hybrids.

I know the original poster already included stuff like Hellboy, but I'm a big fan of the universe and it certainly always deserves a mention along with the old EC Comics stuff which I would describe as a kind of quick campfire story with some of the best art I've ever seen in the industry.
    Nailbiter is a good one. The OHC comes out next week I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post

Forgot about Revival, that is a really good book. As is Bedlam but that doesn't look like it will be completed.