Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Gordon tells Bullock he is 46 years old in Batman #41.

I'm glad Robo Batman is over, it is the only Scott Snyder story arc I haven't liked and I'm so happy Batman is gonna be published twice a month during rebirth so that these 10+ issue long stories dont take a year to get through anymore assuming Snyder is returning to Tec.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Spectacular Member

I actually liked it a bit. Although to be honest this was the first Batman arc I've read since the new52 started so I wasn't as turned off by the change. I really do need to go back and nab some of the other Snyder Batman trades though.

BANNED

I've enjoyed the direction and some of the stories to come out of his tenure but I cant say I'll ever take Jim Gordon in the bat suit seriously. For me it's not a matter of suspension of disbelief,it's more about recognizability. I cannot recognize this man,he does not resemble Gordon visually inside or outside the suit. He just took down his first own villain just last week in Tec,before that he defeated Jokers Daughter also in Tec but she's not really his villain,Mr Bloom who was built up to be his nemesis has been left for Bruce to deal with. I cant really appreciate his era if he doesn't leave his own mark. Similarly he was stripped off his relationships,the Batman book made no use of Bullock,Barbara,GCPD or anything that Jim owns. Instead we got Darryl,Geri and Julia, just like with Duke and Harper I could care less about them. Tec has been better in that area,especially under Tomasi right now but too late. He also couldn't interact with the actual Batfamily, the way he talked to Grayson and Damian would make one think he never even knew them,that was disappointing.
    I just feel this character could have been anyone in a mech suit.

BANNED

What i didn't process very well in this storyline is the fact that when Bruce spent his child hood, his pre and post teen years and some of his adulthood so he can train both mentally and psychically in order to become Batman, Gordon was ready to become Batman (even with that bunny like monstrosity) in such a short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    What i didn't process very well in this storyline is the fact that when Bruce spent his child hood, his pre and post teen years and some of his adulthood so he can train both mentally and psychically in order to become Batman, Gordon was ready to become Batman (even with that bunny like monstrosity) in such a short notice.
    Gordon previously had his past military training and his time as a police officer, so it wasn't quite like he didn't have any background / training. He had a mechanical suit to enhance his functions.

But he also was having many problems with adjusting, and probably would be closer to how Bruce was doing during Zero Year, except Bruce wasn't dealing with a villain who had truly unusual powers and abilities like Bloom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Gordon previously had his past military training and his time as a police officer, so it wasn't quite like he didn't have any background / training. He had a mechanical suit to enhance his functions.

But he also was having many problems with adjusting, and probably would be closer to how Bruce was doing during Zero Year, except Bruce wasn't dealing with a villain who had truly unusual powers and abilities like Bloom.
    Gordon's past military training wasn't nowhere near obvious before issue 41. Plus, with all that smoking he should have facing severe pulmonary issues. And if you noticed in my previous post, i mention that even with the assistance of that weird armor, he shouldn't be even remotely considered to replace Batman.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I liked the part where he held the dying alien...besides that..worse thing to happen to BM in a long time...or ever.

I'm sorry, I just want Bruce back!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Gordon's past military training wasn't nowhere near obvious before issue 41.
    Actually, isn't that concept a carry-over from Frank Miller's Year One arc ages ago? And I thought his being in the military before becoming a police officer had been previously mentioned in the New52, but I can't say for sure if / when it came up.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, isn't that concept a carry-over from Frank Miller's Year One arc ages ago? And I thought his being in the military before becoming a police officer had been previously mentioned in the New52, but I can't say for sure if / when it came up.
    He did, but it was hardly mentioned, an less important part of his character. Now it is mentioned like every issue, especially in crossovers. It seems kinda forced to me, like in Robin War 2 or 3 when he was rambling on about "Back in the Marine Corp we..." Doesn't seem like the Jim Gordon that at least I am used to.

Fantastic Member

I am glad it is coming to an end, the way Gordon looks and acts are quite out of character, and his batman frankly is uninteresting, unlike Dick or Azarel.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Started off interesting then dragged on to the point I'm happy Bruce is back, even though it was done in the dumbest way.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Spectacular Member

It felt more like an idea (what if the gotham PD had their own licensed batman) that wasn't handled in a very interesting way. As someone said, this was basically sticking robocop in gotham and done in a way that felt at odds with everything Gordon had been before (outside of year 1. Maybe). The Bruce stuff was fun but the whole arc just felt like it was waiting for him to return and, to be honest, felt kind of toy/gimmicky in a bad 90s way.

Its been ok. I hope it never happens again, and that Gordon never, ever competes in a Battle for the Cowl.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I haven't really liked much of Snyder's Batman since after "Death of the Family" in all honesty. I'm glad Bat-Gordon is almost over and I'm looking forward to what they do with Batman and Detective Comics after rebirth.

The Gordon part is kinda eh, but I really enjoy the Bruce Wayne side of the story, and the moment when he's piecing everything together and is back...just wow