Super Moderator

Default Team Iron Man Stands at Attention in New "Captain America: Civil War" Posters

Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, the Vision and War Machine get their own solo posters in the latest "Captain America: Civil War" promotion.

Full article here.

It makes zero sense to me that Widow is on Stark's side after the events of the Winter Soldier

BANNED

On a side note. Iron Man's team IS more racially and ethnically diverse.
    A white male, a woman, an android, and two black guys.

#teamcap is still my team.

Amazing Member

I thought the writers of this film said that Black Panther was going to be a neutral third party in the Cap-Iron Man conflict.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    On a side note. Iron Man's team IS more racially and ethnically diverse.
    A white male, a woman, an android, and two black guys.

#teamcap is still my team.
    Black Panther is neutral giving both teams 1 black guy and 1 woman unless Sharon Carter is team Cap which would give them 2 women. As far as Androids counting for diversity winter soldier could be classified as a cyborg which would even out the teams on that front.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    Black Panther is neutral giving both teams 1 black guy and 1 woman unless Sharon Carter is team Cap which would give them 2 women. As far as Androids counting for diversity winter soldier could be classified as a cyborg which would even out the teams on that front.
    Touche' (10chars)

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    Aloha,
    Spot on.
    Spidey rules except in Wakanda

http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com...l#blackpanther

Spectacular Member

They have stated several times that Black Panther is neutral...

But for someone who's supposed to be neutral he sure does appear on Iron Man's side in ALL forms of advertising including the trailer. If I never saw in print that he's supposedly neutral and I only saw posters and the trailer (like most regular, non forum visiting, non comic reading people have...aka, the majority) I'd surmise he's team Iron Man. I guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

#teamcap here although Black Panther is my favorite character of any Avenger. It hurts to see him alongside Iron Man.

I know this is a Captain America movie. I'm sure he's going to be the underdog here, as he often is. But if this movie draws heavily from the original Mark Millar story, I have a feeling I'll side with Iron Man in the end. Cap might be an all-American icon who stands for what's right, but even he can't deny the need for responsibility under the law. The Avengers are a team and one that is subject to error, infighting, and everything in between. So while he might embody the ideals of America, the problem with that is that they're ideals. They're not realistic or pragmatic. And at the end of the day, that might do him in.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    It makes zero sense to me that Widow is on Stark's side after the events of the Winter Soldier
    Precisely. In fact it makes more sense that it would be Sharon Carter; they might have 'liked' each other but the end of Winter Soldier showed her joining the CIA.

This is what's put me off this film, I'm sorry to say. Winter Soldier made me like Natasha, she ceased to be a clockwork government agent whose loyalty was to the suits and became a human being. Now they have her siding with a man she doesn't get on with against her two best friends because her two best friends are anti government. I hope she's actually spying for Steve but I doubt it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I know this is a Captain America movie. I'm sure he's going to be the underdog here, as he often is. But if this movie draws heavily from the original Mark Millar story, I have a feeling I'll side with Iron Man in the end. Cap might be an all-American icon who stands for what's right, but even he can't deny the need for responsibility under the law. The Avengers are a team and one that is subject to error, infighting, and everything in between. So while he might embody the ideals of America, the problem with that is that they're ideals. They're not realistic or pragmatic. And at the end of the day, that might do him in.
    At the end of Civil War the comic I absolutely loathed Tony Stark. I'm hoping this film will be more ambiguous. Millar's comic started well but ended up a piece of Republican propaganda. I'll never forget Cap saying that what worried him about the registration was that superheroes would end up government hit men.