View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Jack Ketchum #4 (of 4)

3 15.00%
  • Codename Baboushka: The Conclave of Death #5

0 0%
  • Descender #11

6 30.00%
  • Head Lopper #3 (of 4)

2 10.00%
  • Jupiter's Circle Volume 2 #4 (of 6)

3 15.00%
  • Limbo #5 (of 6)

2 10.00%
  • No Mercy #8

1 5.00%
  • Savage Dragon #212

2 10.00%
  • Shutter #19

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weekly Image poll #10 - Endings galore

Welcome back to the weekly Image poll, where we vote for our faves & chat about stuff! (A lil' early this time, but hey.)

So last week saw 2 clear frontrunners, perennial favourite Deadly Class went to head to head with Prophet: Earth War, which clinched the victory by a single vote!

This week's a bit of a slow one, lots of endings mostly. To illustrate: Black Jack Ketchum is ending entirely, whilst Codename Baboushka: The Conclave of Death and Descender both end their respective storylines, and Head Lopper and Limbo both reach their penultimate issues. Lastly I'd be remiss not to mention that Garth Ennis fans might want to look out for the Bloody Mary trade, out this week as well.

No new series though, so I picked the cover I liked best. Hard choice to snub James Stokoe's variant for Head Lopper, but Carla Speed McNeil seems to be channeling some Hanna Barbera goodness for No Mercy #8.

243055.jpg

I never thought I'd see the week where Black Jack Ketchum would be only book worth a vote. I'm also reading Descender, but I'm not as hyped about it as everyone else. BJK is trippy stuff, I'm curious how they will wrap things up.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Head Lopper is ridiculously good this week. The trade of that is my most anticipated book in quite some time.

Shutter gets my vote this week since it is the only book I'll be reading. I'm sure it will be awesome though. It always is.

Jupiter's Circle gets the default vote since it is the only Image book I get this week.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Wow, for the first time in a long time I'll have no Image comics in my holds box.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

No Mercy is the only Image book I got this week, but damn it was good.

Incredible Member

Image is so weak right now, and this is coming from someone who would not be reading comics if it weren't for Imave. They seemed poised to take over the comics world six months ago. Now they are putting out so few quality books I barely bother to come to the Image forum page. The quality books they do put out feel so few and far between that I may just drop everything and wait for trades or hardcovers. I have been highly disappointed in Image.

Voted for Descender if that matters to anyone...

Descender for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Image is so weak right now, and this is coming from someone who would not be reading comics if it weren't for Imave. They seemed poised to take over the comics world six months ago. Now they are putting out so few quality books I barely bother to come to the Image forum page. The quality books they do put out feel so few and far between that I may just drop everything and wait for trades or hardcovers. I have been highly disappointed in Image.

Voted for Descender if that matters to anyone...
    Yeah, when I got into comics about 2 years ago, Image was my favorite publisher. Now, I'm sadly pulling more Marvel books. DC is still dead last, though, Image hasn't fallen that far.
    All the newer Image books are pretty weak, I'm mostly sticking with the longer running series and new Remender books.

I still haven't voted because the Marvel books were so good this week that I got distracted.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Yeah, when I got into comics about 2 years ago, Image was my favorite publisher. Now, I'm sadly pulling more Marvel books. DC is still dead last, though, Image hasn't fallen that far.
    All the newer Image books are pretty weak, I'm mostly sticking with the longer running series and new Remender books.

I still haven't voted because the Marvel books were so good this week that I got distracted.

I agree with you about Marvel, particularly when it comes to their solo titles. With some of their solo titles, if you didn't know the character to be a Marvel character, you would think they were Image or independent books. I'm especially loving Thor and Doctor Strange so far, which have not gotten pulled into any new events and seem to be fairly safe from being pulled into Civil War.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Haven't read Descender yet, but it probably get an automatic vote for me. Just nothing else this week.

Also, if you guys are needing something well-written that is Indie-ish, next week Goodnight Punpun Vol. 1 drops. I got an advance copy and man, it's great. A story about a boy, who is drawn as a cartoon bird in the series, and his life growing up. Dark, surreal, realist, and powerful. If you are in the mood for something good, this is one to look out for. It's from Inio Asano, wrote solanin, What a Wonderful World, A Girl on the Shore, and the truly trippy and beyond surreal experience that is Nijigahara Holograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post

Exactly the opposite for me. I got back into comics last Summer because of Secret Wars but when ANAD finally launched I saw very little that interested me. So I just dropped Marve and now like Ed Brubaker I'm exclusive to Image. I'm currently subscribed to 32 Image titles on Comixology with Black Road being the potential 33rd next month.

Wonder if the current 'drought' of new titles and older ones resuming is just down to us seeing the full effects of Image's new policy? On the other hand, I say drought but over the past few years my list has become like 90% Image titles. Of the newer ones only Monstress and Mirror truly grabbed me though.

It's a good time to be reading indies though, just recently saw that Oni Press are picking up Fresh Romance which is exciting. Boom! has been on fire too for a while now, they're doing a Lumberjanes x Gotham Academy cross-over for crying out loud!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Wonder if the current 'drought' of new titles and older ones resuming is just down to us seeing the full effects of Image's new policy? On the other hand, I say drought but over the past few years my list has become like 90% Image titles. Of the newer ones only Monstress and Mirror truly grabbed me though.

It's a good time to be reading indies though, just recently saw that Oni Press are picking up Fresh Romance which is exciting. Boom! has been on fire too for a while now, they're doing a Lumberjanes x Gotham Academy cross-over for crying out loud!
    I'm getting a little tired of hearing about Image's new policy. It seems like it's been nothing but trouble. I have seen no benefit from it yet.