Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Default Why do only some previews link to forum discussions?

Just like it says on the tin, it can be a little frustrating when you see a preview on CBR and want to jump into a discussion on it but scroll down to find an accompanying thread has not been linked. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. It doesn't seem to be dependent on the book or the timing, it just seems random and unpredictable. It could be we're missing something, but I know this is a little frustrating for some of us. Sure, we can create our own thread about any preview we want, however, that wouldn't have the benefit of the convenient traffic boost being directly linked to the preview would.

So, is there any way it can become standard for every preview? Is there any downside to this? If you're worried about forum clutter, maybe there could be a dedicated preview forum or something. But, honestly, I don't think clutter would be a problem on these boards; there are so many.... questionable .... topics that never die =)
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

I agree with the OP. It happened multiple times on X-books reviews where no thread was posted for it. Why even make reviews then if you don't want people to actually see them?
    Please give everything the same treatment.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I agree with the OP. It happened multiple times on X-books reviews where no thread was posted for it. Why even make reviews then if you don't want people to actually see them?
    Please give everything the same treatment.
    To be fair, more people probably look at the actual site than see these things through the forums. And, there's nothing stopping a poster from linking to a preview to start a discussion.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    And, there's nothing stopping a poster from linking to a preview to start a discussion.
    Right, but as was said up top, even doing that, you lose the connection/traffic from everyone who is interested by the preview.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."