Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Detective Comics #50

Jim Gordon faces his past in this extra-sized conclusion to his most shocking cold case yet. With history itself forcing him to reflect on the last year as Batman, Gordon must make a decision about what his future holds in Gotham City.

Full preview here.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Beautiful cover

BANNED

Solid end to a very good arc,I'm glad Gordon at least got one villain during his tenure.

I didn't think the solution lived up to the buildup from previous issues, and the art took a turn for the worse when Pasarin punched out right before the climactic battle. Still, all in all this was a solid Batman mystery, with some interesting tweaks to make it a unique challenge for Gordon. As I've said before, this is a template that Detective Comics would do well to stick with.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW*

Was the bad guy supposed to be a revamp of Paul Dini's old villain Facade? He had a similar gimmick and mentioned "Facade!" kind of knowingly, but in terms of motivation, themes and MO they couldn't be more apart.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I was hoping Bruce would be in issue 50...oh well.
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Pasarin's art isn't very good. Loved when Eaton showed up and Batman actually looked like Batman. The back up although decompressed as hell, was the real highlight of the issue for me.