Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default IDW's March 2016 Solicitations Feature "Deviations" Event, "Godzilla: Oblivion" & More

IDW Publishing's biggest titles go the "What If...?" route, "Stark Trek" explores Spock's legacy, plus a new "Mars Attacks" invades comic shops.

Full article here.

A pilgrim-themed Donald Duck comic four months after Thanksgiving?! Madness!

A lot of nice looking stuff here, getting:
    TRANSFORMERS#51
    TF DEVIATIONS
    STAR TREK#55
    Maybe WYNONNA EARP, 3 DEVILS

Looks good.
    Waiting for Micronauts and ROM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Nice to see Ragnarok #8 in there. This means we'll actually get 2 issues in the next 3 months! Wooohooooo!!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Pretty cool to see Back to the Future as an ongoing.

Most likely buying Back to the Future #6 and might buy the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deviations One-Shot.

I hope the hardcover of Uncle Scrooge: Timeless Tales, Vol. 1 eventually gets a trade version at a cheaper price.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I hope the hardcover of Uncle Scrooge: Timeless Tales, Vol. 1 eventually gets a trade version at a cheaper price.
    I dunno if that's in the cards. These hardcover collections of the new Disney 'Core Four' books are just omnibus editions of three previously released trade paperbacks.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The Star Trek books and TMNT#56 for me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Cool Mignola variant for Ragnarok #8, between this and the one from Arthur Adams for issue #7 I'm loving this new take on the variant covers being done by different artists instead of Simonson himself.

Soooooo where is TF: Sins of the Wreckers #4? It wasn't solicited in February and now March. It's supposed to be a 5 issue mini series. What's going on?

Getting....

Transformers #51
    Transformers: MTMTE #51
    Ghostbusters International #3
    Ghostbusters Deviations (Could be fun for a "What If?" story)
    Ragnarok #8

Might get Transformers Deviations. A "What If?" story set in the G1 TF: The Movie could be fun too like Ghostbusters.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 12-16-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Paracuellos is impressive. An unforgettable, one-of-a-kind comic.

If you want to read a review about it check the following link:

http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2015/...s-gimenez.html

Glad to see Godzilla will be returning! I was fearing for him.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

All-New Member

Default It's about time

I was fearing for him too.

There are a few monsters I'd still like to see. For one thing, I'd like to see the one that matches the one whose name I felt forced to go with because my own name was already taken. I'd also like to see the monster from Godzilla vs. Wolfman. It wouldn't hurt to have Condor, and there were a couple monsters referred to in the second issue of Godzilla in Hell that I'd like to see. If there's one thing I hate, it's teasers about monsters without them being seen. Can someone please help me out with a question I've got about the trilopods from Godzilla: Rulers on Earth? Why were they called that? When you see the prefix tri, that refers to three, so how did three come into play?
    God bless, Jason Irelan
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-28-2016 at 06:11 PM.

All-New Member

I can hardly wait until March 17, when I'll be able to get the new Godzilla comics. The Godzilla in Hell series wasn't all that great. The only positive thing I'd say about it is that it didn't have any colorful metaphors in it like all the previous issues have had. It's kind of like the saying that goes it's only a face that a mother could love. Most of the issues didn't make a lot of sense because they were mostly about Godzilla battling monsters, and there was no dialogue among people. I remember teasingly referring to it to a comic book dealer as Godzilla in Heck, and he called it Godzilla in Purgatory. I didn't consider it profanity to use that kind of title because it was about him being in that place. Some of the issues were okay, and I have a feeling that Godzilla: Oblivion will be better. I just hope we don't have as long a wait in between Godzilla comics when the series is done. I know that technically it's due to arrive on March 16, but the closest comic book store won't have it available for me to buy until March 17. I wouldn't say that Godzilla in Hell sucked, but I would say it's the kind of series that only the most die hard fans would get if there was nothing else available, and that's why I was worried that there might not be anymore available in the United States. What does a body have to do to get the ones printed over in Japan translated into English? I'd also like all the back issues of those.
    God bless, Jason Irelan

All-New Member

Arrow Godzilla crossover questions

Is there any chance that there could be a Godzilla crossover story with another title? If that's what killed the Godzilla comics that Marvel was putting out, I suppose the chances aren't likely; but there are a few crossover stories I wouldn't mind seeing like a crossover story with Back to the Future. I know the only thing Marty McFly and Emmett Brown could do to defend themselves from him would be to use the flux capacitor to travel to a time period when Godzilla doesn't exist; but if Godzilla was to grab the vehicle as it's trying to get away and go with them, that could get interesting. I read that they're overdue due for a Godzilla vs. Gamera movie, and I wouldn't mind seeing that if they exploit that cold weakness that the writers gave Gamera by having the battle take place in Antarctica. If I could be posting on IDW's board, I would; but unless, someone here knows something I don't, they took that down for some reason. I hate it when I make a post and nobody responds. In regards to Back the Future, it would be nice if time travel was possible like that so people could go back in time and try to talk Eve out of eating that forbidden fruit. I wonder what God would do about it if it was possible. Would He be mad at us or accept responsibility for making it possible to travel through time to begin with.
    God bless, Jason Irelan