Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think it was more that Cul implied that she had died, and Loki was like 'whaaa?' and making sure his plan hadn't gone horribly wrong.

As I said in the appreciation thread:

We also have to consider what the consequences of this was. And it actually wasn't bad. With one action, Loki stopped the civil war and Odin's fight with Jane in an instant, preventing more death there. He saved Freyja's life in a weird way, (spoilers:
    better to a poison that makes her LOOK very ill, if it prevents her from being executed for treason.
    end of spoilers) and what happened to her snapped Odin out of his vandetta against Freyja and now he is protecting her. As a side effect, he's no longer being influenced by Cul, and he has been removed from the table for now, which allows the Council to return and Heimdall and presumably some others are freed. It snapped Thor out of his funk, (what the hell is that ship surrounding Old Asgard, anyway? weird) and the Dark Council/Laufey went from trying to kill him to trusting him, which he can use to take them down from the inside. They were about to kill him, he as in no position to infiltrate them because he had failed to kill Jane, so... it came to this. Even Cul on the throne isn't all that bad. Who would you rather try and overthrow, Cul or Odin? Yeah, everyone in Asgard hates him, but I think it was likely the only option since the original plan went **** up.

I think we have a very complex Batman gambit on our hands. Loki is setting events in motion with what he just did, and is counting on everyone behaving in a predictable way. But he's got to play the villain for it to work.

But frustrating we have to wait for the flashback story to finish up before we can come back to this.

Also, I should add that Loki is self serving. Even after Agent of Asgard, he doesn't do anything if it won't benefit himself in some way. What he personally got out of this is a pretty raw deal, it's a worse situation than what he had before. Hanging out with Laufey isn't exactly funtimes, especially since Loki has already made it clear that he considers him to be a short sighted idiot brute. The only thing he gets out of this is the ability to join the Dark Council, but that can't be the entire goal. What does he GET from joining the Dark Council? So this obviously is not the end goal, there is more to it.
    But his actions have also lead to Cul being in charge and that seems to be a bad thing.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Well, if Odin did create Keith and the child and they got erased when Odin died (I find it difficult to believe... even if Keith were a magical construct, Jane gave birth to the baby, it didn't appear from thin air), Jane should think about her loss. She should be utterly pissed at Odin because of that, not because he didn't approve of her as daughter-in-law.

But in the comic, all she thinks is "he didn't let me marry Thor!", she doesn't think about her child even once, and if her child had disappeared because of Odin's fault, she shouldn't be able to think about Odin without thinking about her baby too.
    Keith Kincaid wasn't a construct created by Odin, he was the real person that Odin based Don Blake on. And in JMS' run it's mentioned that Keith got custody of Jimmy after the divorce. The reason she hasn't thought of her son because she's a deadbeat mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Keith Kincaid wasn't a construct created by Odin, he was the real person that Odin based Don Blake on. And in JMS' run it's mentioned that Keith got custody of Jimmy after the divorce. The reason she hasn't thought of her son because she's a deadbeat mom.
    I know Keith wasn't a construct. I was answering to another poster who proposed a theory about Keith being a creation of Odin and having vanished after Odin's death.

I know Keith wasn't a construct. I was answering to another poster who proposed a theory about Keith being a creation of Odin and having vanished after Odin's death.
    That theory is BS since he's made appearances and been referenced as still alive after Odin's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    But his actions have also lead to Cul being in charge and that seems to be a bad thing.
    true, but still better than the alternatives. the best solution available isn't always a perfect one.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

That theory is BS since he's made appearances and been referenced as still alive after Odin's death.
    I am honestly shocked Keith and Jimmy haven't been mentioned in the current book. You would think they would visit Jane now that she's dying of cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    I am honestly shocked Keith and Jimmy haven't been mentioned in the current book. You would think they would visit Jane now that she's dying of cancer.
    For all we know, she hasn't told Keith about her disease. But she, on the other hand, should think about them (or at least about her son), and we are into her head, and she never does.

I hate when the writers expect us to selectively forget or remember the bits of continuity they like or dislike. As I said, if you want to use Jane Foster but not her family, and they don't want Jane to care about them, they should at least bother to make some excuse for them not being around.

The worst thing is, we know some writer will soon or later bring Keith Kincaid and Jimmy back, and will make these issues we are reading know feel even weirder and more awkward.
    Last edited by Habis; 03-13-2016 at 10:54 AM.

I think of that hovering capsule holding Asgard and Odinson locked in magical manicles. I see Loki in company with his Father Laufey gloating over Loki stabbing Freya. I see Cul Borson sitting on the throne of Asgard, and it chills my blood the direction of the next story. Fear Itself saw Cul assemble a herd of bloodthirsty Warriors with their own Hammers, to lay waste to the 9 worlds in bygone days. Will he commence that same strategy again? Will Loki become Laufeys son again and be Prince Regent of Jutunheim, attacking his former Father, Mother and Uncle? The state of the 10 realms is now in flux, and Asgard no longer holds the prime position it once held, from before the Oeming Ragnarok.

One day we will see Odin having to confront losing control of the 10 worlds, the worthiness of Jane Foster to be Thors wife and thus restore her health from that false burden he put on her, and Cul returned to his place of exile which he deserves, while Loki returns to Asgard again. The inequity of refusing Jane Foster her rightful place as Thors wife, and the Almother share power next to Odin, is what has burdened Asgard the last 50 years. Let's hope Odin felt the punch of Jane Thors dignity in the face of his bigotry, that this will change the fortunes of Asgard, or, if not, Asgard suffers her many setbacks knowing they can't change from their patriarchal intransigence.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-10-2016 at 06:41 PM.

The prison that holds Asgard and Odinson looks to me like it was Odins work. Who else has that much power to contain the magical realm and Odinson in a technological boat? I imagine Odinson tried to gain entrance in Asgard and Odin did to his son what he did to his wife. I would say Odin is suffering from a psychological madness in ANAD where all his chickens are come home to roost. Odin hasn't made any good decisions in ANAD. He has family against his authority, and an old sin rampaging in his 10 worlds, Jane Thor. Whatever Odin thought he was all these years, Janes words ring in his ears as truthful. Jane says Odin has to "Take your place in the dust and shadows, like the relic you are". There is no compassion for Odins ways in the world anymore. There is the real Civil War of Asgard.

And if we apply what has gone before to Odin, as has happened to Thor, Hulk, Steve Rogers, Hank Pym, Nick Fury senior, then Odin has to be farmed out to pasture like the rest of them.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-10-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Well, if Odin did create Keith and the child and they got erased when Odin died (I find it difficult to believe... even if Keith were a magical construct, Jane gave birth to the baby, it didn't appear from thin air), Jane should think about her loss. She should be utterly pissed at Odin because of that, not because he didn't approve of her as daughter-in-law.

But in the comic, all she thinks is "he didn't let me marry Thor!", she doesn't think about her child even once, and if her child had disappeared because of Odin's fault, she shouldn't be able to think about Odin without thinking about her baby too.
    Not if its a fantasm, she just loses all that memory if Odin dies which breaks the spell.

Kincaid may very well have been real, but that Jane was drawn to find him could have been Odins work to keep her out of Thors hair? Break the connection between Jane and Kincaid, and she looses all the emotional connection to Odins handiwork, maybe?
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-10-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Sure Kinkaid exists. You said he was real. But the fact Kinkaid doesn't get any mention anymore points to the sin Odin perpetrated on Jane, and that's what this whole Jane Thor drama is about - Odins insulting connivance towards Jane Foster, and now he's paying for it.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-10-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I think of that hovering capsule holding Asgard and Odinson locked in magical manicles. I see Loki in company with his Father Laufey gloating over Loki stabbing Freya. I see Cul Borson sitting on the throne of Asgard, and it chills my blood the direction of the next story. Fear Itself saw Cul assemble a herd of bloodthirsty Warriors with their own Hammers, to lay waste to the 9 worlds in bygone days. Will he commence that same strategy again? Will Loki become Laufeys son again and be Prince Regent of Jutunheim, attacking his former Father, Mother and Uncle? The state of the 10 realms is now in flux, and Asgard no longer holds the prime position it once held, from before the Oeming Ragnarok.
    I see him moping, not gloating. He wasn't happy about what he did, clearly. And we already know he won't. He has a new solo series coming out in like 3 months, and he's on Midgard (with Angela and Falcap) running for president of the United States, not in Jotunheim. I linked the cover at you on the second page of the thread. We know where he ends up, it's just a question of how he ends up there.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-10-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Sure Kinkaid exists. You said he was real. But the fact Kinkaid doesn't get any mention anymore points to the sin Odin perpetrated on Jane, and that's what this whole Jane Thor drama is about - Odins insulting connivance towards Jane Foster, and now he's paying for it.
    Or it points to bad writing and/or ignoring continuity, neither of which is foreign to Jason Aaron.

And Odin didn't commit any "sin" against Jane, she couldn't handle his test and failed. Considering how fast Thor moved on it's not like they would have lasted anyways.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Keith_Kincaid_(Earth-616)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/James_Kincaid_(Earth-616)

Checked the history behind Keith Kincaid and his son with Jane, and it turns out they have both been around longer than people thought. Keith Kincaid has been around since the 60's, while Jimmy has been around since the 80's which makes their disappearances all the more abrupt. It also makes Jane even more of a jerk to just dumb her child, just so she can chase after a boyfriend of her's.

Not to mention people do have a point about the fact that Jane is shorter lived than Thor, which would give valid reasons why Odin would be hesitant to let her marry him. But as everyone points out, he is derailed into a one dimensional straw character who has to be 100% wrong.