Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Chad Bowers & Chris Sims

Chad Bowers and Chris Sims are the next guests for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "X-Men '92" writers.

Full article here.

BANNED

This might be a silly question but here, Can we expect professor Xavier screams a lot on panels ? that was basically his thing in the show where he would try to help, fail and them scream "AAAAAAAAAAGH"

What's the greatest appeal this project holds for you guys? And are you considering bringing in characters who debuted after the 90's, or are you going to work only within that specific era?
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-09-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Amazing Member

Can we expect to see other characters from the 90's Marvel animated universe crossing over such as F4, Spider-Man, or the Avengers?

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee was a big part of the X-Men 92' miniseries during the 'Secret Wars,' event. Will she remain a prominent role in the ongoing?
    Also, with Generation X appearing (thank you, by the way!!!) is there any hope for Jubilee, Chamber, Skin, Synch, Monet, Husk, and Penny having their own outings in this title?

Mr. Bowers and Mr. Sims:

First off, I'm very excited about X-men 92. In fact, I can't remember ever being this excited for an X-men series. I hope you understand how much it means to fans who have seen the X-men go through changes, upheavals, and retcons over the past 15 years. It's an amazing treat, having a series like this at a time like this. Now for the questions!

1. In the first mini, you revealed Cassandra Nova as being part of Apocalypse's cloning program. Is there any chance that program will be revisted again? Could other clone characters like X-23 and Madelyne Pryor enter the picture down the line?

2. What can we expect to see from Psylocke and Bishop now that they've taken over for Cyclops and Jean? They're going from roles in X-Force to a role with the regular X-men. Will there be a transition or a learning period of sorts?

3. I know Cyclops and Jean Grey are on vacation, but will you be revisiting their story at any point? What can we expect from their relationship in a world where neither of them ever died or got possessed by Apocalypse?

4. Now that the Xavier Institute has a whole host of new students, what will this mean for Jubilee? For most of the old cartoon, she was the only teenage character who really functioned as a student. Can we expect that role to expand now that many others will join her?

5. Notwithstanding the teaser at the end of the mini, what sort of enemies will the X-men be facing in this series? Will they be mutant? Human? Both?

6. What sort of role with X-Force play, if any, as the series unfolds? Psylocke and Bishop have already switched teams. Will X-Force continue to operate in some capacity?

Thanks again and on behalf of every X-men fan who fell in love with the 90s cartoon, I thank you.
    Last edited by MarvelMaster616; 03-09-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

thanks for bringing back Generation X! its such a treat to see the group together again in some form and long overdue!

any plans to bring in Gen X baddy Emplate to stir up some trouble? How about a reformed Emma Frost asking to teach at the school?

regarding the upcoming Dracula issue, were you familiar with the 90's Gen X Halloween special where the Gen Xers had to fight Drac? I actually think that makes him a great bad guy for this book as it makes it a nice nod to Gen X's past(as well as X-men's of course).
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 03-09-2016 at 01:18 PM.

1.) Will Deadpool be making an appearance or two in your series even for a cameo or perhaps a series regular I would have loved seeing Deadpool interact with the 90's animated cartoon versions of the X-Men and now the oppotunity is here so will you be doing that?

2.) Is Emma Frost and the Hellfire club going to play some role along with the other villains?

All-New Member

Just one question. Is my favorite guy Synch in this.

Hey guys, congratulations on writing the first Marvel Comic that I have subscribed to in over 16 years!

Anyone who reads the CBR forums realizes by now how much I adore the early 90s X-Men uniforms and how vital they are to my enjoyment/interest of the team. Thank you for leaving them intact. However, I was wondering if you could please explain why you chose to use Wolverine's uniform without the "X" emblem on his belt like he had in the animated series and comics at the time? I also noticed in the mini that a few characters were in their pre-90s uniforms (such as Sabretooth). Was this a personal preference or was it an intentional way to foreshadow to the reader that not everything was quite as it appeared?

Was Marvel planning on making "X-Men '92" an ongoing title from the start or were they genuinely impressed by how well the mini did and that was what made this series possible?

Haha, I highly doubt this gets asked, but is it too late to have Rogue's uniform in the panel where she went through the wall and is laying on the ground in the upcoming #1 corrected to yellow on her inner legs? Little things like that bug me.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 03-09-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Corther

Jubilee is my favorite character, and Generation X was my favorite book as a kid. Seeing most of the original Gen X kids (and Blink!) showing up really gets me excited. I imagine they'll play more of a background role, but I would love to see Jubilee and the rest of the kids going out on some adventures together (heck, maybe a Generation X '92 spin off!) my question, though... seeing M in the preview pages, I can't help but wonder... is this the M twins, or the original Monet? if the original, will the twins be popping up? and how about Penance? will she be a deaf/mute girl from Yugoslavia, as originally intended?

Does this share continuity with either the original animated series or the comics spin-off (apart from the final issue where the world ends, of course)? And if so, perhaps we could get a reprint of the tie-in comic?

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    Does this share continuity with either the original animated series or the comics spin-off (apart from the final issue where the world ends, of course)? And if so, perhaps we could get a reprint of the tie-in comic?
    This question kind of confused me. Are you asking them about "X-Men Adventures" or "Adventures Of The X-Men" or another comic?
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Hi Chad Bowers and Chris Sims. One of the great aspects of this era of X-men was the seeding for future story lines can you elaborate a little on how X-men 92 being a ongoing may have impacted future decisions in your series? As a Bishop fan what was deciding factors in adding him as a central character and what aspects of him do you want to highlight of the character?

BANNED

1. Will we be able to see Hollow/Penance utter at least one word?

2. Will there be a Storm and Wolverine pairing? I'm a huge RoLo fan.

3. Any guest appearances from Avengers, Spider-man, Squirrel Girl or any other character from Marvel outside X-men?