Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SPIDER-MANDATE: Lowe Delivers a State of the Spider-Verse Address, Part 1

CBR's regular feature with Marvel's Spider-creators is back with Senior Editor Nick Lowe for a line-wide look at all things webbed and amazing.

Full article here.

Ok I will admit.. I completely forgot that, SPIDER-MANDATE existed until jus now. I welcome it back though since now I'll get more news on my man Miles.

*sigh* time to drop Spidey...

BANNED

Lowe had very big shoes to fill when Wacker left but I think he's been killing it on the Spidey line. Looking forward to what's ahead.

I have to admit, this is why I generally prefer team books over the heroes' solo adventures. I'm just not interested in Miles Morales' home life, or his day to day struggles.

Niffleheim

Now i'm excited about Dead No More Peter needs more chaos in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to admit, this is why I generally prefer team books over the heroes' solo adventures. I'm just not interested in Miles Morales' home life, or his day to day struggles.
    I prefer team books too but i'm always satisfied and interested in solo books in the Spider-line idk why
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-09-2016 at 11:30 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Yeah. Same.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 03-13-2016 at 01:28 AM.

BANNED

ASM is the only Spider-book currently interesting me. I'm reading Miles, Spider-Gwen and Web Warriors, but none of them are particularly exceptional. Hopefully Miles' book gets better, but I've more or less written off the other two.

I'll probably pick up ASM again with the Regent arc. It has me intrigued

Pichelli's Spider-Man art looks great.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Been absolutely loving Web Warriors. It can feel cluttered, but I like the art, the sprawling worldscape, and that Costas is inserting little hints at future stories like Parker Peters being an evil Spider-Woman. I definitely think it should be doing better on the charts, but hey, love'em while you got'em.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

I have to say none of the spider-books are really keeping me hooked at the moment, 2099 is my favorite but the art is starting to grate on me. I'll pick up web warriors if Kaine appears.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    I have to say none of the spider-books are really keeping me hooked at the moment, 2099 is my favorite but the art is starting to grate on me. I'll pick up web warriors if Kaine appears.
    I'm sticking with ASM and Miles for now. Silk, Gwen, and 2099 were good, but I had to drop for budget reasons. $4 books kill the wallet. I dropped Web Warriors and Spidey after the first issue.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

I'm enjoying the women the most (Gwen, Cindy, and Drew) from the Spider comics. I'm ify about Web Warriors right now. Amazing and Miles Spider-Man was good but like the above poster due to budget reasons I'm holding off on get full price comic of the two till a sale might come along making them affordable. I'm also thinking of getting the Deadpool/Spider as a trade book having the full story in one book.

All-New Member

Marvels problem with spider-man can be traced back to the over saturation of spider characters. In their mad rush to make spider-man everything to everyone, they have forgotten who Peter Parker even is. They are trying to make him into less of an actual character with a defined personality and more of a corporate figurehead, a logo, a symbol on the front of a stock portfolio. They've got a spider character for every race, creed and gender. Hundreds of spider people, ones from the past, the future, what flavor do you want? We got that flavor!

But the problem is spider-man is not Mickey Mouse. He has a defined personality, which is completely absent from any of these spider comics. The character Slott is writing in amazing has no resemblance to Peter, no matter how much they try and convince us otherwise. Peter is now a one per center, a heartless corporate tool. The rich supporting cast, the heart of the title, is long gone.

Spider-man is buried alive. And this is a weight he can't get out from under - corporate greed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post

Going by the sales estimates if he's going to make an appearance there it better be pretty soon. In any event hopefully Kaine pops up somewhere doing something interesting sooner rather then later.