Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD" Returns to Series Low Ratings

"Bouncing Back," the midseason premiere of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", didn't quite live up to its name when it came to Tuesday night's ratings.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "Bouncing Back," the midseason premiere of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", didn't quite live up to its name when it came to Tuesday night's ratings.

Full article here.
    And the sad part of this is that there will be years of buildup of the Inhumans on AoS and then, when the movie finally comes along, there will not be the slightest mention of anything that happens on the show and it will be as if those events might as well have never happened.

As to the ratings, hopefully they are good enough for another season as I want this to get a seven season run.
    Power with Girl is better.

The show was actually already renewed for a seaosn 4, so no worries. It's still kinda sad tough

The show will continue to see a decline in ratings unless we start to see an increase of other non-Inhuman characters and more tie-ins to the MCU movies. I think the writing has been much improved and the pace of the show is good as well...but the Netflix shows are way better.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The show was actually already renewed for a seaosn 4, so no worries. It's still kinda sad tough
    I said this before the show started.
    Either they are going to follow the ratings or they are going to ignore it because this is just a long commercial for the Marvel movies.

It looks like they are following the long commercial route.

I really wish people would give this show another chance it has been getting better with every season and has been my favorite of the network television shows. It's one of the few comic book shows that show true character progression and a constant logical flowing story with diverse plots from season to season. (Unlike say Flash & Arrow which have repeated plot points or they were completely meaningless *cough* Felicity being crippled *cough*)

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Goes to show that a three-month break in the middle of the season might not be such a good idea. All momentum is lost, and a lot of viewers probably didn't even know it was coming back on.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't buy the "viewers didn't know it was coming back" excuse. Viewers seem to know when Scandal, Quantico, Walking Dead, Flash and Arrow are coming back do they not?
    Those shows seem to have either marginal drops are gains of late.

I think sadly some are pushing it into either one of two categories.
    1- DVR build up for summer viewing cause they'd rather watch "X,Y,Z show" first
    2- Gave up entirely for ______ reason(s)

The show really has improved greatly from Season 1 so it's not a quality issue. It think the people making Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and LoT their priority are doing so, in part, cause the shows are better about embracing the actual comic book-ness of those shows.

AoS needs more costumes, PERIOD. Bring back Deathlok and embrace more of the fantastic. I think that this Secret Warriors arc is set to do just that but will the characters be in costumes or be plain clothes?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

I didn't realize it was back on. For some reason I had March 20th in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I said this before the show started.
    Either they are going to follow the ratings or they are going to ignore it because this is just a long commercial for the Marvel movies.

It looks like they are following the long commercial route.
    I think it's kinda like that. Marvel just feel like they should have some shows airing on TV so they will keep it that way as long as they want to since ABC is Disney's too.

About people not knowing it would come back, well, It's kinda "c'mon, really?" but the promotion wasn't exactly big, so maybe a bit.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Maybe having tv and film as a monolith is killing them. What's DC TV doing right? Is it simply the writing is bleh, except for Netflix? Is the streaming model more forgiving?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think AoS is restricted by being closely tied to the MCU. They can't make a move without clearing it with Marvel leadership and the movie people to make sure they don't step on any toes. The Netflix shows exist in their own bubble and so are able to do pretty much anything they want.

Odd as it may seem, AoS may actually suffer from its close ties to the mega-popular MCU movies, in that they have to stay in continuity yet can't benefit from the star power of the films.

Amazing Member

Marvel failed big time with this show. This could have been huge, but their greed in trying to make every character worthy of a major motion picture left SHIELD with crap characters that nobody has heard of or cares about. People can shout as loud as they want that the show is better and the characters are better, but the fact is that people gave up on this show and lost interest. You're not going to get that back unless you do something huge, which they've shown they are incapable of doing. Flash succeeds because it's a great show that does;t shy away from its mythology and brought in cool characters. It's a shame because Marvel could have had something special here.

BANNED

Perhaps taking the show off the air for 3 months in the middle of the season wasn't such a great idea?

I just got bored with it. Why should I watch a superhero show without any actual superheroes in it?

I'm lovin' The FLASH though! That's the way to do it.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.