Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    who cares about her damn father? what matters is that her mother is the first wonder of earth 2.
    so superman and batman can have many legacies that are heroes and wonder woman can't have ONE?

there is nothing ludicrous on comics, even doctor doom is kind of good now. there can be a proccess that she learns how to be a superhero and redeem for her crimes that she doesn't has any fault. Remember Cassandra cain? so yeah it is possible and not ludicrous

yes, i want character development and for now Abnett just threw things without explaining. It started with wilson, but abnett just made it worse.

i'm tired of being WW fan and having the short stick all the time. superman and batman were happy and married to tehir wives and they raised their daughters. Then WW is possibly raped and have her daughter stolen from her? wrong
    like so many possibilities and writers can only get it worse

no, she has to be a hero to honor the mother she never met.
    Unfortunately for Fury who her father is does happen to be important in that same way Damian Wayne's mother being Talia Al Ghis important to that characters history. In fact there are a lot of parallels between the two characters. Fury was conceived and then raised to be her Father's right hand and she was brainwashed by him. That time has shaped her in the same way that Damian's being raised in the League of Assassins shaped him.

Also this is only Abnett's third issue and he seems to be a writer who favors slow builds judging by this and Titan's Hunt so just because he hasn't explained things yet doesn't mean he's not planning to if he gets the chance to.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

The book is the proverbial elephant in the room at this point,too controversial,almost 30 issues of critically panned writing, too random with its ideas and changes to characters,has strayed far from the premise it was built upon.

BANNED

I don't see how anybody can complain about a book written by Dan Abnett. E2 is easily at it's best right now.

I'm not really happy with the title. It seems like it keeps digging itself a hole that it can't crawl out of. Also, where the hell is Aquawoman? I haven't even heard a reference to her for the past several issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadoc View Post
    I'm not really happy with the title. It seems like it keeps digging itself a hole that it can't crawl out of. Also, where the hell is Aquawoman? I haven't even heard a reference to her for the past several issues.
    She showed up with Fury.

BANNED

she is planning villainous things with Fury on the last issue of earth 2. so when women aren't on the shadows of men, they are villains *eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Unfortunately for Fury who her father is does happen to be important in that same way Damian Wayne's mother being Talia Al Ghis important to that characters history. In fact there are a lot of parallels between the two characters. Fury was conceived and then raised to be her Father's right hand and she was brainwashed by him. That time has shaped her in the same way that Damian's being raised in the League of Assassins shaped him.

Also this is only Abnett's third issue and he seems to be a writer who favors slow builds judging by this and Titan's Hunt so just because he hasn't explained things yet doesn't mean he's not planning to if he gets the chance to.
    he has only 3 issues sure, but I'm reading earth 2 since may 2012, so it isn't help that abnett is going for slow build. I think it wouldn't hurt if he already explained, because he is not respecting earth 2 continuity and we know rebirth is around the corner so maybe we will never get a explanation.
    writers need to understand: they have to deliver things, stop decompressing

steppenwolf wasn't even the father that Robinson wanted for Fury, he is dead now. Robinson wanted Fury to interact with her father.
    talia and steppenwolf are influences that have to be left behind by Damian and Fury.
    but then we get zero character development for Fury.

if there was a guy called wonder man he would receive better treatment than Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I don't see how anybody can complain about a book written by Dan Abnett. E2 is easily at it's best right now.
    Because even with Dan Abnett writing, this title is still carrying the problems of the last run and is continuing bad plot threads that were introduced in Earth-2: World's End. If not for that, this title would probably read more like the Earth-2 we were already getting from James Robinson, if not better. Dan Abnett knows the characters and history really well, and can write a good Justice Society comic. The problem is he's working with the same editors that gave us World's End and inherited a bad comic that was ill-conceived and poorly executed by the last writer. Given all that's working against this comic, I hope Earth-2: Rebirth completely disposes of this new Earth-2 much in the same way the Coca-Cola company disposed of new coke when that didn't pan out.

So can someone tell Martha that Johnathan was killed by a Bizarro clone of Superman? Because letting her think that her son killed her husband is kind of a dick move.

Heh. Yeah: the first rule of holes is that when you find yourself in one, stop digging.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Well i really dislike the fact that there's a new "trinity" in the world. One of the things that made the book great was Jay, Alan and the other guys being on their own. And also, yeah, Abnett is a much better writer than Wilson, but he still has to deal with the shitstorm known as World's End and its consequences. I'm seriosly praying for a full reboot, cuz i dont see another way to fix this.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    she is planning villainous things with Fury on the last issue of earth 2. so when women aren't on the shadows of men, they are villains *eye roll*
    Not like this came out of nowhere, considering Batman dug her out of the E2 Arkham.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBlake View Post
    If Fury isn't the heroic daughter of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor, it isn't Fury.
    Actually, Lyta Trevor spent far more time being the daughter of the GA Fury (who Roy Thomas created to replace, as best he could, the GA Wonder Woman post-Crisis on Infinite Earths) and... some guy. (There were hints, but I don't think we ever got an official answer. I could be wrong.)

And now I'll state my "Controversial Opinion" - I liked her better like that. The GA Fury and her daughter were two of my favorite characters.

(Although the character of the GA Fury was thoroughly messed up in a Wonder Woman storyline called THE 18TH LETTER - by an author who stated later that he didn't know who she was, he needed a lesser female villain for the story, someone suggested he use her - and the follow-ups. I could cheerfully explain that away by saying that was actually a dream-version of the GA Fury, come to Earth while the elderly GA Fury - last seen, or at list hinted at, in Sandman's THE KINDLY ONES - was in a coma. The GA Fury and Lyta Trevor had a strong connection to Sandman, so this could be made to work.)

I always wanted a flashback storyline exploring the GA Fury after WW II, including who Lyta's biological father was. Lost to a previous timeline/universe/fictional setting now. This is one of the things I didn't like about The New 52 - mysteries, questions, unresolved issues from the DCU swept away without a pause.

Which is not to say I have any objection to Wonder Woman of Earth-2 having a daughter, or her being a hero. But nowadays the Amazons other than Diana don't seem to be very nice. And this Fury was raised by her father - which sets her up to be villainous, followed perhaps by a lengthy redemption story (which now I doubt we'll ever see, but who knows).
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Fantastic Member

Val-Zod at first was a fairly interesting character, but gradually he becomes just another cookier cutter character, so much wasted opportunity and potential, and frankly I would rather DC revamp earth 2 from the ground up.
    Give us the Powergirl with Pre-52 personality and charm, don't supergirlize her.
    Dick Grayson can be Batman but not the Dick we have in earth 2 right now.
    If Helena from Grayson stays after rebirth, then the earth 2 version should definitely reminisce of the pre-52 as well like Powergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Not like this came out of nowhere, considering Batman dug her out of the E2 Arkham.
    Wasn't it implied that there really wasn't anything "wrong" with her, but it was mostly due to her being the queen of Atlantis?