Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

And another amazing poster for my boy! Can't wait for this movie!!! Why can't it be August already! xD
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Diablo had some pretty cool scenes in the music videos for both Heathens and Sucker For Pain, in the latter he showed more than any other SS character not named Harley or Joker.

Chati front and center on a new EW poster!!

Wow there's actually an El Diablo appreciation thread!! Im excited for his appearance in Suicide Squad, I feel like he is going to steal the show or be one of the best parts!!

Two pretty big hints that El Diablo won't last very long on the Suicide Squad's mission. The collectable character statues were released and Slipnot and El Diablo werent included. And this article today with the producer talking about "the core characters" and once again Slipnot and El Diablo aren't mentioned.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/11/s...e-core-lineup/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Two pretty big hints that El Diablo won't last very long on the Suicide Squad's mission. The collectable character statues were released and Slipnot and El Diablo werent included. And this article today with the producer talking about "the core characters" and once again Slipnot and El Diablo aren't mentioned.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/11/s...e-core-lineup/
    Read this article from Superherohype. El Diablo is mentioned, Jay Hernandez talks about his character and David Ayer (the director) says that he specially hand picked Diablo for the Squads line-up. There's also talk of their not being enough Latino characters on the big screen. They're not killing him off.

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...st-heroes-ever

How did El Diablo get his powers in the comics?

El Diablo/Chato Santana is one of three playable characters in the Suicide Squad mobile app game!! I think that's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How did El Diablo get his powers in the comics?
    Love this cover by Kubert with the Skull cave-

It's been a while and it's been revisited a few times, so apologies if I'm embellishing, without digging them up, it's how I'm remembering it.

The Ballad of Lazarillo Llano:

As a boy his father had been killed, hunted by a posse claiming the land was now deemed US territory, and he was now a "foreigner"on his own land. The new "Sheriff" came to claim their rancho, supposedly without the father his mother now had no claim to the land.
    When she protests they threatened to violate her, young Lazarillo grabs his father's gun, and before she could stop him Lazarillo kills the sheriff.
    In retaliation the deputy kills his mother before him, and Lazarillo flees, perused by the posse, having lost everything and living in hiding, all the time blaming his own actions for his mother's death.

Taking a vow to God never to kill again, he reinvents himself as Lazarus Lane (now anglicized) to fit in the "new country" , and lives a bland peaceful life trying never to stand out. .
    During a bank heist he freezes when he witnesses a friend assassinated by outlaws, and wonders what if he had acted? He could have broken his vow, killed the outlaws and saved his friend.
    But he didn't.
    He feels cursed by god, he's shunned for not acting against the outlaws when he had the chance, and outcast by the town. Destitute again, he wanders the wilderness, and curses his god .
    When he stumbles upon the outlaws who killed his friend, now unmasked and recognizes one of them as the deputy who killed his mother, and hunted him his whole life. He finally loads his fathers gun again, and takes up arms against them, ....just as he is about to break his vow not to kill, he's struck by lightning!

(yeah that happened!)

He's killed! Or so it appears. His "dead" body drifts down stream....(*symbolic)

He's "rescued" by his old Indian shaman friend, Gray Owl, (who had also been shunned and outcast by his own "tribe"), who understands no white man's medicine can save him now. Lazarus is in a kind of comma state, he is in fact half-way between the realm of the living and the dead.
    His god and/or demons are not ready to take him yet;
    Now neither living or dead, his "purpose" on this plane is not yet finished. Who he serves angel or demon remains to be seen.

Through an incantation Gray Owl summons supernatural flames and brings him back from the edge of death.
    So as not to break Lazarus' vow not to kill, his "soul" is literally split in two.
    One baptized by *water, now the other by fire.

The body once known as Lazarus is trapped in a coma protected by Gray Owl, and his other half (depending on your POV) is "free" or "cursed" to ride as a spirit vengeance as El Diablo, to wreak vengeance and finish what he could not before.

To be continued with Chato Santana....
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-23-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Check the flaming skull construct! .

Hopefully this for the first time indicates that Diablo has retained some of his supernatural powers like the comic, maybe even hints of hell-fire "constructs" ? Rather than just straight pyrokinetic?
    Is that what he sees in Digger? His fate perhaps? A projection of himself?

Also looks like we will get at least a hint of backstory for him...
    Chato Santana is doing some serious penance?

Think he will definitely be one of the more sympathetic yet tragic characters, as things play out.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-24-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

El Diablo/Chato Santana is one of three playable characters in the Suicide Squad mobile app game!! I think that's pretty cool
    He is so OP in that game lol, his flames wreck everything.

Did anyone catch Chato's Suicide Squad bio which listed know associates as "Lazarus Lane", doubt they will cover this in the movie but pretty cool little fact to know he still got his powers from Lane in the DCEU.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

I wanted to download that game but it takes up a lot of space on my phone! Either way I'm glad they added him to the game.

As for the skull constructs, that is definitely in the trailer!! It comes up when he's interacting with Boomerang. It looks pretty legit!! I wonder what else he can do in the movie!

I kind of spoiled myself and read a spoiler from one of the reviews. Let me just say that I can't wait to see it play out on the big screen!! I'm super hyped for Diablo right now, after reading that!

The 3 best characters I have read about constantly seem to be Harley, Deadshot and Diablo. I've managed to stay pretty spoiler free so I'm really looking forward to seeing Chato when I watch it tomorrow!
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?