Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The Batgirl and Poison Ivy designs do not work at all for the Burton-verse.

I'm also not sure why they wouldn't just go with a more traditional design for Harley as her original look can actually fit in that universe thanks to Batman Returns and Penguin's Circus. Just make it a little grimier and it fits perfectly.

Burton Batman and Kate Leth? Nothing of value was lost.
    BB

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Burton Batman and Kate Leth? Nothing of value was lost.
    Keaton's shy/introvert portrayal wasn't true to the source material but I like it, too. Nostalgia!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Keaton's shy/introvert portrayal wasn't true to the source material but I like it, too. Nostalgia!
    Bruce is an introvert in the comics.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Year One's Bruce certainly was.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I love the Burton Batman universe and hate that this didn't happen, but that Batgirl design leaves a lot to be desired. The spider-bat poncho is weird and doesn't fit with the rest of the suit at all, and the Keaton-style utility belt design doesn't look right worn in that feminine/sexy lopsided fashion.
    If memory serves, the character was just a poor PA so wouldn't have been able to put together a sophisticated costume. This was her doing the needle work thereby creating a home made, imperfect costume of a crazy lady. Also, I think it sets a nice opposition to batmans sleek, rich (as in money) design. But mostly, I didn't really take much notice of the suit itself - was too interested in the stunning woman inside it.

Yes, I'd agree. He puts on a good act as socialite Bruce Wayne, but we already know that is an act. Pushing it a little more to make it seem like he's an extrovert wouldn't take much more doing.

And psychologically it'd make a lot of sense for him to be an introvert. He doesn't let many people past the barriers he's built up around him, and prefers his own company. Despite that he's built himself a new family of acolytes and supporters, but he pushes them all away whenever he needs to be alone. It explains so much about the contradictions.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I hope they reconsider this someday. As a child of the 90's there is a lot more nostalgic appeal in an '89 series than the '66 one (for me, anyway). I think Burton still had some interesting ideas for Batman and I'd personally like to see some of them get some play in comic book form. Then again, I was also really excited for the rumored Batman Triumphant comic, AKA the third Schumacher film that never got made -- Nic Cage as Scarecrow, Madonna as Harley Quinn, the return of Nicholson, and an alleged return of the brooding Batman. It would have probably been another over-acted campy mess of a movie but would make for a fun mini-series or one-off.

Also Billy Dee waited around for two whole movies so that he could eventually play Two Face and got shafted right when it was going to count. Show him some justice here!
    Sweet Christmas, I want this SO BADLY to be made!

I'd also be down for some bridge between 'Returns' and 'Forever', though... Especially if we're keeping Bill Dee Wiliams as Harvey.

This does not look appealing to me at all, I'm kinda glad this didn't happen. Keaton as Batman is awesome but bot '89 and Returns annoy me in their own ways.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

But he does it more with cold anger not that I like that version. Cage's Scarecrow... he certainly was good in Leaving Las Vegas but how to bring back Nicholson? Lazarus Pit?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    But he does it more with cold anger not that I like that version. Cage's Scarecrow... he certainly was good in Leaving Las Vegas but how to bring back Nicholson? Lazarus Pit?
    They would likely have done it in as a fear gas hallucination. I honestly don't think Nicholson would have been down with donning all that makeup for more than a single scene at that point.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 03-15-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Incredible Member

Would love to have seen this. Not to keen on the Batgirl design, but everything else looks great! I wish they could have done this miniseries.

Wow, DC should have greenlit this. That Geena Davis Poison Ivy is beyond brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I'm also not sure why they wouldn't just go with a more traditional design for Harley as her original look can actually fit in that universe thanks to Batman Returns and Penguin's Circus. Just make it a little grimier and it fits perfectly.
    I just realized this. That Harley Quinn is none other than the Joker's moll Alicia Hunt in Batman '89, hence the Veronica Lake-esque hair covering half of her face as the Clown Prince did a number on that portion.

It's brilliant actually. Of course Alicia the Moll would go on to become the Burtonverse's Harley Quinn! She was in the same kind of toxic relationship with the Joker.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would have been down with this just for more of Burton's Catwoman. Still my favorite version of the character ever.