Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Slightly off topic, but I've tried a few times to read COIE and I just *cannot* get into it, and end up stopping. Anyone else have this problem? Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This.

Gotta love the idea of 'Barry's mom didn't die.... so the kents never got Kal-el's rocket and Joe Chill killed Bruce instead of Thomas....
    Didn't you know that it was Barry's mom who threw tire spikes into the middle of the road which caused the Kent's tire to blowout in front of the spot where Kal's rocket crashed. She was also the one who sent Joe Chill to kill the Waynes.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Didn't you know that it was Barry's mom who threw tire spikes into the middle of the road which caused the Kent's tire to blowout in front of the spot where Kal's rocket crashed. She was also the one who sent Joe Chill to kill the Waynes.
    This is a pretty common trope with time-travel tales. I doubt having Prof X killed would have resulted in the Age of Apocalypse. People's whole personalities changed.

I think the explanation is that time-travel, being unnatural in and of itself, causes changes beyond just what the traveler himself does. Reality literally blinks and shifts.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This.

Gotta love the idea of 'Barry's mom didn't die.... so the kents never got Kal-el's rocket and Joe Chill killed Bruce instead of Thomas....
    The biggest logical breakdown is that any way you look at it, Nora's death postdated the arrival of Kal-El's rocket and the murder of the Waynes. Nora's death could very well have affected events AFTER itself, but not before.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The biggest logical breakdown is that any way you look at it, Nora's death postdated the arrival of Kal-El's rocket and the murder of the Waynes. Nora's death could very well have affected events AFTER itself, but not before.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well, if we are to be really technical about that, Thawne is also a time traveler, and we don't know if after killing Nora, he went further in the past and did more stuff, stuff that could have been prevented/altered by him having been stopped.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I've tried a few times to read COIE and I just *cannot* get into it, and end up stopping. Anyone else have this problem? Is it just me?
    I finished it, but there was a LOT of padding and filler in there that I had to sludge through.

One of the big issues with me were all the Z-list characters that weren't that popular in the 80's and are darn near forgotten in the 90's. There's a push to care about all the infinite earths... but really, outside of earth 1 and 2, I never cared about any of them.

So yeah... a huge omnibus of people I don't care about dying? It was hard to get through. It still had some great moments and some really important stuff like Flash and Supergirl.... but overall the older the book gets, the less it holds up.

It REALLY meant something when it came out though.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    It's not just you. I read it and I get bored with the constant non-endings. You think it's going to be over then something else comes along. It suffers from ending fatigue.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Incredible Member

Seems to me that the New 52 was supposed to start after Final Crisis; then they had to wait for a while, so they did it later randomly after Flashpoint just for timing reasons. Flashpoint is awesome but its much less of a last-ever-story.