Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Oh wow, that was amazing, pun completely intended .

- That sea base they're apparently holding Bucky in...could this be the first official Supervillain or Gifted prison in the MCU? At least without SHIELD involvement, granted.

- You would think the record would show that, for the most part, the events cited involved The Avengers responding to threats rather then causing them. Which speaks more towards the need for the team then holding them accountable for events out of their control. Sokovia is really the only event you could tie to the Avengers needing more oversight, but even then, Ultron was on Tony and Wanda, not the team. You can already see how badly Wanda feels for her role in what happened.

- Based Black Panther is immune to bullets .

- So if T'Challa was at the UN summit which Bucky is framed for attacking, that probably explains why Black Panther is motivated to go after him.

- Y'know, the crew have talked about how people will feel divided over the ending and whether Steve or Tony were right, but somehow I expect the real winner of the conflict is going to be Zemo. We barely see him and his role is supposed to setup a bigger role in a future movie, so I wouldn't be surprised if The Avengers tear themselves apart by the end while Zemo is unexposed and free to continue his plans.

- I assume whatever happens to Rhodey, who I really hope doesn't die, is what makes the conflict personal for Tony and commits him to stopping Cap.

- That scene with a beat-up Cap and Iron Man facing each other down with that grey sky...I wonder if that's after Cap and Winter Soldier double-team Iron Man, and is the final showdown between Steve and Tony?

- That Hawkeye/Ant-Man combo...was waiting to see that.

- Guess they're also saving Giant-Man as a surprise.

- Setting aside the fact that I was really hoping, perhaps in vain, that Spidey would join Team Cap, that was an awesome way to debut the Wall-Crawler in the MCU. He looks spectacular (pun, again, intended), and I love the Ditko influences with the small eyes and the small chest symbol, and the effect with the eyes is just awesome. Welcome to the MCU Spider-Man .

- I was wondering how Holland would sound as Spidey, and boy does he sound young. Which makes sense given this is the youngest movie Spider-Man we've gotten yet, though it probably means it'll be easy for people to pick up his how old Spider-Man is. I'm expecting we'll see a lot of people asking "how old are you?" in the movies ala Ultimate Spider-Man.

If Black Panther isnt helping Cap I wanna know where they get a gun that takes out War machine with one shot. Again assuming its bucky who does that and not Hydra. editing could be misleading.

Hope cap gives Spidey the civil war speech from the comics.capsa3.jpg

BANNED

Wanda vs. Vision, holyyyyy sh*****t.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Spider-Man’s reveal is more analogous to the Wonder Woman reveal than Doomsday, both of which were positively received. They both have been characters that are well known to general audiences who, prior to seeing the trailers, likely had no idea of their involvement.

The problem with the reveal of Doomsday is that it seemed to show that he was the climax of the film, thus showing that the Batman/Superman conflict would be resolved by the end of the film so that they could fight this mutual foe. Even though that result is obvious, showing it in the trailer (especially combined with the trinity shot and the overall feel of that second trailer) really made for a negative response. If Marvel had shown Baron Zemo as a big bad and then shown Iron Man and Cap seemingly uniting to fight him, that would also get a negative reaction.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people also thought Doomsday looked bad/generic on the design side.
    It was only received negatively in communities like these. The GA gobbled the 2nd trailer up. I feel people need to understand we are a small minority compared to the GA, revealing Spidey has added a lot more money to the film, Doomsday has shown to the GA there is more than Batman vs Superman.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Wow this has got to be the biggest year for comic book properties.

It's certainly going to be my favorite.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Great trailer. Not sure about the new Spidey suit yet. It was not bad it was just not as good as either the of the last 2 versions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is Spidey really in it? I can't see **** in work. HELP!

The moving eyes on the movie costume like Deadpool is cool. But they're mechanical, they even make a mechanical noise when they move. Kind of sucks they felt the need to explain the comic book thing like that, but whatever. Also kind of weird they went mechanical since the last Captain America movie had that masking cloth tech that moves with your face. Wonder if that means Spide-Man is going to have that same inside the helmet view Iron Man has?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post

The moving eyes on the movie costume like Deadpool is cool. But they're mechanical, they even make a mechanical noise when they move. Kind of sucks they felt the need to explain the comic book thing like that, but whatever. Also kind of weird they went mechanical since the last Captain America movie had that masking cloth tech that moves with your face. Wonder if that means Spide-Man is going to have that same inside the helmet view Iron Man has?
    Good catch. Didn't notice the mechanical sound before.

Likely a Stark modified suit.

Quote Originally Posted by super_posable_joe View Post
    Watching that trailer made me giddy as hell. And not ashamed to admit it, apparently. :-p
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I hope Cap gives Iron Man the "You think this letter on my head stands for France?" line at one point.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I hope Cap gives Iron Man the "You think this letter on my head stands for France?" line at one point.
    And I hope there's an epic Stark comeback:

"No...it's stands for antiquated."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What cracks me up is Tony saying "We need to be kept in check"....... No Tony you are the one who needs to be locked up for causing the destruction of a whole city by creating Ultron, but since you rolled over and become a govt stooge you get a pass when you are more guilty than anyone. Teflon Tony.

Spectacular Member

Great trailer. Russos can do action alright.
    But now I have the feeling that I have seen the whole movie.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Glad I just watched this cold, before seeing this post, so the Spidey reveal caught be completely by surprise... after what had already been an incredible trailer up to that point.
    Same here. I was cruising my Twitter feed for spring training stuff when Marvel dropped the trailer and I saw it show up in my feed and decided "Eh, it can probably wait until later, but I've got a couple of minutes."

I'd honestly forgotten Spidey was going to be in the film and pretty much completely lost it when that ending happened.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

Having trouble with the audio, what does Tony yell right before Spidey comes out?