Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

Exactly.
    I'm Cap's side but understand this fear.
    With their skills conquer the world would not be a dream they are heroes but they could no doubt.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh... not the same.

Snyder and company never said Doomsday was in the movie and actively denied he was... until he showed up in the trailer. Plus, Doomsday isn't putting butts in seats based on his name/face.

Spidey was known to be in the movie, we knew he was goign to be in the movie, marvel said he was going to be in the movie, then he showed up in the trailer. There was nothing to "reveal" other than the costume design.
    Snyder didn't deny Doomsday, he just never confirmed the rumors that circulated saying he (Doomsday) was in it. This was after that extra in Michigan phoned in or something and gave an interview spilling the beans on Jena Malone being Barbara Gordon and other details last year.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Remember back in 2014, when RDJ said he was going to do IM4 on Ellen Degeneres' show? It was then revealed a week later that Iron Man and Capt would be in the same movie together. I wouldn't be surprised if RDJ had top billing over Evans for this movie. We all know who the star of the MCU is.
    Yeah I am not sure why they labelled it under Capitan America, it feels far from a CA movie, why not Marvel's Civil War or something. I guess they maybe wanted a trilogy? Anyway it's moot since the film will be the same either way. I kind of wish instead of Dr.Strange we got CA 3 and IM4, CW part 1 and part 2.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

True, but he's not needed in trailers for this movie to sell tickets.

It's the same as the Doomsday reveal, but because it's the MCU it gets a pass.
    Pretty much. WB adds Batman to the Superman sequel and it "doesn't have faith in Superman movies" yet Disney adds Iron-Man to Cap's sequel and it's totally ok. RDJ even called it his little Iron-Man 4.

WB adds Wonder Woman and Aquaman and "this movie is overstuffed, there's no time for a story" yet Disney adds well, everyone (like 65 characters) to Cap 3 and it's fine.

Doomsday in the trailer is "spoiling it all now I don't have to see it" but Spider-Man is just good promotion? We already know who sides with who in "Civil War", we're not even going to find that out as the story progresses. Talk about spoiling the plot.

It's so obvious.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Wow.

Am I the only one who thinks that Spiderman's outfit looks like crap ?

People were annoyed about Doomsday for entirely different reasons. Even though it was a foregone conclusion for me that Batman and Superman were gonna eventually team up, people were upset about that because they felt ending the trailer with the reveal that the heroes stop fighting and then team up to take on a bigger threat took any drama out of the Batman vs. Superman conflict, which WB was marketing as the crux of the film.

I don't necessarily agree with that (it should have been obvious they weren't gonna stay enemies), but I can see why people were pissed at the trailer.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh... not the same.

Snyder and company never said Doomsday was in the movie and actively denied he was... until he showed up in the trailer. Plus, Doomsday isn't putting butts in seats based on his name/face.

Spidey was known to be in the movie, we knew he was goign to be in the movie, marvel said he was going to be in the movie, then he showed up in the trailer. There was nothing to "reveal" other than the costume design.
    Sure, he didn't say it, but Zod's body pointed to one thing: Doomsday. Period. Only casual audiences couldn't piece that together. Just like casual audiences didn't know that Spidey was in this movie.

Also, again, Spidey was not needed to to put butts in seats. You know why? Winter Soldier, and it's directors directing this movie. That's all.

This is very similar, but like I said the MCU will get a pass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    SS trailer, BvS Comic con trailer, trailer 3....?
    Yeah... And I stand by my statement. NOTHING for BvS has even come close to this level of excitement for me. Suicide Squad is a close second to this Civil War Trailer. But its still second. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Spidey the last to put butts in seats? The least sucessfull spiderman movie made over 700mil. I thought he was second only to batman with kids but i was infromed by an earlier poster his merchandise outsells batmans. People underestimate Spidermans popularity.
    Yeah among children Spidey is a beast in terms of popularity etc. Batman I think is moreso teens and up. If you gave a kid a choice between watching a Spidey movie and Batman movie they'll probably pick Spidey 8 times out of 10. That is why I think WB moved among other reasons, gives them a better chance to maximise the potential and I think Marvel were happy too since there is no doubt BvS would have dented them too, if BvS didn't move I bet they would have been drumming the Spidey marketing/interest.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Pretty much. WB adds Batman to the Superman sequel and it "doesn't have faith in Superman movies" yet Disney adds Iron-Man to Cap's sequel and it's totally ok. RDJ even called it his little Iron-Man 4.

WB adds Wonder Woman and Aquaman and "this movie is overstuffed, there's no time for a story" yet Disney adds well, everyone (like 65 characters) to Cap 3 and it's fine.

Doomsday in the trailer is "spoiling it all now I don't have to see it" but Spider-Man is just good promotion? We already know who sides with who in "Civil War", we're not even going to find that out as the story progresses. Talk about spoiling the plot.

It's so obvious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Wow.

Am I the only one who thinks that Spiderman's outfit looks like crap ?
    Yes.

It's probably the best Spider-Man costume on film EVER. Even with those patches of Black.

Sure, he didn't say it, but Zod's body pointed to one thing: Doomsday. Period. Only casual audiences couldn't piece that together. Just like casual audiences didn't know that Spidey was in this movie.

Also, again, Spidey was not needed to to put butts in seats. You know why? Winter Soldier, and it's directors directing this movie. That's all.

This is very similar, but like I said the MCU will get a pass.
    Winter Soldier didn't make 1 billion
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-10-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Heh. Nearly all of BvS has been in the dark and nearly all of this has been in the daylight. Sums the two up. And I am perfectly happy with it. Also CW comes out Apr 29th in UK soooo

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    People were annoyed about Doomsday for entirely different reasons. Even though it was a foregone conclusion for me that Batman and Superman were gonna eventually team up, people were upset about that because they felt ending the trailer with the reveal that the heroes stop fighting and then team up to take on a bigger threat took any drama out of the Batman vs. Superman conflict, which WB was marketing as the crux of the film.
    Yep. Spidey's just another character. He's one that it's cool to see, but he's still just another character.

Doomzoday was/is a key plot point to the movie.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

What if he's not Doomsday at all? But DOOMZARRO!!!

Haha
    That seems more plausible since Luthor is the one who creates most of the Bizarro's in the comics.