Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    And I hope there's an epic Stark comeback:

"No...it's stands for antiquated."
    That would be really lame.

Would be better if he said "asshole" or "asshat". Probably asshat, because he's still calling him an ass, and the "A" is on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Spider-Man was okay (although he looked a bit big for a 15-year old), but getting a glimpse into the stakes that draw T'Challa into the conflict was the most interesting part for me.

No mention of the army throwdown in Culver Univ. (Virginia) or Harlem from Incredible Hulk, or Flushing Meadows, NY (the Stark Expo) in IM2 either. It's possible that some of them are mentioned in the movie proper (although I could see why Ross might wanna pretend the first two didn't happen). The trailer just focused on a couple of the most spectacular "greatest hits."
    He looks a lot bigger than I thought he would. I was expecting a lanky looking Spider-Man like the Andrew Garfield one, but this one looks both bigger and taller than him. And I don't think the kid they got is taller than Garfield was.

Anyways. As cool as the eyes moving are, this is the mask Spider-Man has had in a movie. I kind of hate the suit. I think this is probably the worst one. The extra business they've got going on with it does not look good at all. It's like they wanted to use the Alex Ross movie design, but they also want to keep the red doing completely down his arm, so they did both, and it doesn't looks as good as if they just went with one or the other.

Only that attack on London in Thor 2 is probably the second biggest attack on MCU Earth after the ending of Age of Ultron. I know the Washington DC one is from the last Captain America movie, (and this is a American trailer, and DC or whatever) but it seems funny that of the big disasters the trailer shows, one of them is a Helicarrier crashing into water. Wonder if the international trailer will sub in London for DC?

BANNED

Spidey reminded me of the CGI costume from the Green Lantern movie.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Eh the suit is too mechanical looking.

It's nice that they actually cast someone who's the appropriate age to play Peter Parker though. Andrew Garfield was wayyyyy too old.

Hope the webs are organic.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-10-2016 at 04:14 PM.

BANNED

A much better word would be antagonists. "Bad guys" simplifies things, just as you peg Marvel for doing by only looking at the fact that "people are afraid".
    When I see a reason to apply any kind of nuance to a product called "Marvel Civil War " I will. Until then I'm going to leave so that my dread for my favorite movie franchise doesn't stink up everyone else's excitement. :P

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Technically, it's Wanda's fault too; she brought his fears to the forefront, and made it all he could think about.
    Heh, true. In defense of Wanda, I'm not sure Tony needed much prodding in that direction. Her vision just picked up on what was already there. Weren't he and Banner working on Ultron anyway? Should probably rewatch at some point but...eh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

It's nice that they actually cast someone who's the appropriate age to play Peter Parker though. Andrew Garfield was wayyyyy too old.

Hope the webs are organic.
    Peter Parker hasn't been a teenager since the 1960's.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Peter Parker hasn't been a teenager since the 1960's.
    Ultimate Peter Parker has/is/was. And in a perfect world, that'll be the Spidey this version is based on.

It appears that the heroes learned from their mistakes and now decided to fight in what appears to be an empty airport?

They still have to pay for runway damage, though.

The best part was the Iron Watch and Bucky actually fighting to kill and shooting at Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Hope the webs are organic
    Why? They aren't organic in the comics, they are mechanical web shooters. The organic shooters in the Raimi universe were one of the many lame and lazy aspects in those films. Not to mention the mechanical shooters help show what a great scientist Peter is.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

You can see web cartridges on his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Based om what we saw with Falcon near the end of Ant-Man (before the credits scene) I assume Scott is instrumental in helping them break Bucky out of where he's being held.
    Yes, it looks like something like that. They could probably work it in that Falcon knew Lang from somewhere, childhood or so. However, it's a big jump breaking a friend of a friend free to "I'm gonna fight Ironman because I know the guy who's friends with Cap and Cap doesn't agree with Ironman!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Yes, it looks like something like that. They could probably work it in that Falcon knew Lang from somewhere, childhood or so.
    Why would they need to establish anything else about Falcon and Ant-Man's relationship, when Ant-Man already established how they know one another?

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    **** yes.

Yes!!

Also since when did Tony have handz??
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Why? They aren't organic in the comics, they are mechanical web shooters. The organic shooters in the Raimi universe were one of the many lame and lazy aspects in those films. Not to mention the mechanical shooters help show what a great scientist Peter is.
    Always hated the Web shooters. The organic webs from the first film make much more sense for "high school kid suddenly bitten by radioactive spider becomes a superhero". I like Peter as more of an everyman. You can bring in his love of science later but it's too much all at first.

I was iffy after the first Civil War trailer. I didn't get as psyched after watching the trailer like a lot of people.

Then, the 30-second Super Bowl trailer was released and it was really good, but also kind of short.

Then this trailer drops today and: WHOA! That was one bad-ass trailer. I thought it was absolutely awesome. Everything about it was great. I loved that bit with Steve saying "I can do this all day." I loved The Winter Soldier taking down War Machine. I loved the Ant-Man on Hawkeye's arrow thing.

I loved how much of a BEAST Black Panther looked in those very brief glimpses we got of him. I don't know about anyone else, but Black Panther stole this trailer for me! SHIT BLACK PANTHER IS COOL!

Just a great frikkin' trailer and I am thoroughly psyched.

RE: Spider-Man, I think the suit we see is a Tony Stark designed techsuit, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. That's my feeling on it. If that turns out to be the case, I think it's alright. However, if that's how Spider-Man will look in his solo movie, then I have to proclaim the new MCU Spider-Man the shittiest looking Spider-Man. I have to admit, though...it was going to be tall order to make anyone look as awesome as Andrew Garfield did as Spider-Man in Amazing Spider-Man 2.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/