Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yo. Wanda can fly.

Where's that Oscar at?

From my standpoint, the movie looks good, and I liked the trailer.

I do agree with some that there is a double standard when some are critical of DC for the reveal of Doomsday, and those giving Marvel a pass on Spidey. I understand the reason both companies did it, but the criticism was far more negative towards DC. Does giving Doomsday away take attention away from the fight between Superman and Batman? Yes, it shows they have to deal with something else, just like Crossbones being in this one shows everything is not solely about Iron Man and Cap. Aquaman and Flash have not been revealed yet, and as far as I know every character besides Zemo has been shown in this one, though there may be surprises, just like with BvS. The trailer not only revealed Spidey, but showcased what side he at the very least is on at one point. This movie was billed as finally the heroes go after each other on the Marvel side, yet they have fought each other in nearly every movie. Technically we've already seen them fight each other, but it's still an exciting story and looks entertaining.

All of this being said, I think personally too many people put too much meaning into trailers or spoilers, as there are great works of literature that you know how it goes down, but yet people often go to the movies. Titanic, for example was a massive success, and everyone knew the boat was going to sink. That's not everything though, as you didn't know what happens to Leo and Kate. It's not the destination, but the journey. We don't know what happens to the vast majority of all the characters in either these two movies.

If you liked the feel or the characters for either movie, then go and see them and enjoy. All the hate DC got for Doomsday to me was overblown. Neither the companies deserve that much negativity. More comic book movies is a positive.
    Last edited by DisneyWWfan; 03-10-2016 at 12:36 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    So...Thaddeus Ross blames the 'superheroes' for New York. The superheroes saved New York from aliens.
    He blames them for Sekova The city was destroyed by the villain, the survivors saved by the Avengers.
    He blames them for Washington. They saved Washington from Hydra, which had infiltrated a government organisation.

In short, the super heroes get blamed for DEFENDING.
    What would have happened if they'd done nothing?

If anyone should be ashamed here it's Scarlet Witch, who willingly submitted to Nazi experiments, and Iron Man, who created Ultro
    Captain A has nothing to be ashamed of. If he hadn't brought down the corrupted SHIELD, MILLIONS of people would have been murdered.

Yet Ross thinks people like Cap should be 'under state control.' The same state that happily allowed HYDRA to infiltrate SHIELD.
    The same Ross that waged full scale war on a South American town, a college campus and New York......... Just to catch the guy he didn't like boning his daughter and wanted to weaponise.

Yep, well done Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to BVS FAR more than to this movie.
    There's always someone, I guess!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Doomsday and spiderman are way different since GA know who spidey is. If they want to max out the potential profit it is. People will just be disappointed when they see the movie and find spidey is barely in it.
    Exactly, which is why it was not smart to show him. Now, you've got people hyped about seeing 5-10min of Spider-Man.

It would've been best to keep it a surprise for the GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Did no one else realise it looks like Widow changes sides .

She stands behind Cap in the Spidey scene. Or my eyes suck.
    That's probably why he had Spidey hiding in wait.

Or, they had Cap surrounded.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Pretty much. WB adds Batman to the Superman sequel and it "doesn't have faith in Superman movies" yet Disney adds Iron-Man to Cap's sequel and it's totally ok. RDJ even called it his little Iron-Man 4.

WB adds Wonder Woman and Aquaman and "this movie is overstuffed, there's no time for a story" yet Disney adds well, everyone (like 65 characters) to Cap 3 and it's fine.
    The key difference being that the MCU has been around for about 8 years with 12 movies under its belt by the time Civil War hits theaters. Unlike the DCEU with 2 movies in 3 years. However, considering that neither BvS nor Civil War are even out yet, we can't determine if either of them is overcrowded. And why would you even get the idea that Disney has no faith in Captain America when there has been a second solo movie that was not only a box office success, but also managed to receive critical acclaim?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    What if he's not Doomsday at all? But DOOMZARRO!!!

Haha
    That seems more plausible since Luthor is the one who creates most of the Bizarro's in the comics.
    You're obviously an insider from Warner Bros., I demand more spoilers!
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    It's not being butt hurt, it's a fact. Winter Soldier didn't make a billion because the first Cap movie wasn't nearly as well received.

Winter Soldier was received very well, and with Iron Man, and Black Panther, already being in this movie it was guaranteed to join the billion dollar club.

Spidey doesn't need to be shown to get those same butts even more excited to see a movie, they were already going to seated at.
    Im a huge Black Panther fan but the GA has no idea who he is. Hes isnt bringing in the money, RDJ will be thugh. And if tchalla is half as awesome as he seems to be he will be a draw in future movies. Its the overall spectacle and RDJ that are gonna put this over a Billion. Spiderman is gonna add to that Especialy with kids.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

One thing MARVEL need to work on is how to market ticket pre sales, I just found them casually looking at my local cinema's page and at 2 months out??
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Im a huge Black Panther fan but the GA has no idea who he is. Hes isnt bringing in the money, RDJ will be thugh. And if tchalla is half as awesome as he seems to be he will be a draw in future movies. Its the overall spectacle and RDJ that are gonna put this over a Billion. Spiderman is gonna add to that Especialy with kids.
    True, BP may not be a major draw, but we agree that RDJ was going to get it over a billion.

Just jumping in to say, that trailer was pretty awesome.

Seeing that Hawkeye and Ant-Man bit come to life had me smiling, everything Black Panther had me freaking out. And I was actually happy to see Peter Parker's Spider-Man again.

I still don't think I've calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    One thing MARVEL need to work on is how to market ticket pre sales, I just found them casually looking at my local cinema's page and at 2 months out??
    Worked out fine for Star Wars.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Perhaps Cap doesn't like the idea of being government puppets after HYDRA.

I'm sure I remember in the comic he was concerned that Washington might start demanding they do 'jobs' for them.
    I'm sure that will be part of Cap's objection to the Accords as well that they'll be indentured servants who will be forced to work for the gov. or else.

As great as this trailer is...why aren't people calling out this movie for "spoiling" Spider-Man.

Where's the usual internet outrage?
    it's not really a spoiler by Marvel standards we knew he was going to be in the movie.

But all those butts were going to be in those seats, anyways.
    pretty much. Spidey is Marvel's biggest draw but the MCU had already been built up to epic proportions without Spidey so throwing him into this epicness doesn't really raise the bar that much when the dial was already at 11.
    The J-man

Spider-Man’s reveal is more analogous to the Wonder Woman reveal than Doomsday, both of which were positively received. They both have been characters that are well known to general audiences who, prior to seeing the trailers, likely had no idea of their involvement.

The problem with the reveal of Doomsday is that it seemed to show that he was the climax of the film, thus showing that the Batman/Superman conflict would be resolved by the end of the film so that they could fight this mutual foe. Even though that result is obvious, showing it in the trailer (especially combined with the trinity shot and the overall feel of that second trailer) really made for a negative response. If Marvel had shown Baron Zemo as a big bad and then shown Iron Man and Cap seemingly uniting to fight him, that would also get a negative reaction.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people also thought Doomsday looked bad/generic on the design side.