Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    iMan 42s

I like it.
    The line at the end sounds awkward though. Definitely like how he is Tony's trump card, someone Steve's team just didn't expect.
    Not gonna lie though I like Tony calling him Underoos. Not sure why I like it but I just do.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I was pulling out for him to be on Team Cap, so a little disappointed on that front, but that was still an amazing reveal. Love that suit, the Ditko influences, and those eyes .

I wasn't expecting he'd sound so young though, but it makes sense given this is both in-universe and out the youngest movie Spider-Man we've had yet. I imagine we're going to get a lot of "how old are you" ala Ultimate Spider-Man.

Now we just need to hear his quips .

Looks like they are hitting many story beats from the Civil War comic, so I expect Spidey to join Cap in the end. Not a fan of moving eyes on a costume (what, does he have fabric moving powers, now?), but it won't stop my enjoyment.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Looks like they are hitting many story beats from the Civil War comic, so I expect Spidey to join Cap in the end. Not a fan of moving eyes on a costume (what, does he have fabric moving powers, now?), but it won't stop my enjoyment.
    To be fair, the eyes make a shutter sound so it seems to be mechanical.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Nothing will be the TASM2 one. Having said that it ain't so bad, miles better than TASM 1. Just the eyes and symbol are kind of ehh for me but I am sure it will grow on me.
    I agree on all accounts.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Nothing will be the TASM2 one. Having said that it ain't so bad, miles better than TASM 1. Just the eyes and symbol are kind of ehh for me but I am sure it will grow on me.
    The TASM2 costume looks like the best costume that Peter could reasonably put together (it's also perfect because it looks exactly like Bagley's Spidey). This looks like it's gonna be Peter's iron spider costume since the eyes are very high techy, I don't think Peter came up with this by himself. Tony must have made the costume.

As for the costume itself, it looks beautiful. Love the Ross/Ditko influence, love the moving eyes.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

They went Full Ditko and I love it. Hope each eye can also grow and shrink individually, so they can do that thing where he gives someone the stink-eye through the mask. But yeah, love the suit, love the tiny bit we got of his performance, love how it's being presented. This actually hit me a lot harder than I expected it to.
    Buh-bye

Spider-Man's eyes have had different 'expressions' in the comics before, sort of artistic license but it's cool they're adapting it here.

Also while the other suits had fairly prominent web patterns, this version kind of seems to scale that back a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    To be fair, the eyes make a shutter sound so it seems to be mechanical.
    Ok, thats cool then. Still, making your costume have the ability to blink sounds like a non-priority to me. But hey I admit I just like the non-movable eyes better in live action, its more menacing and less Deadpool.

If you're going to do movable eyes, I think it should be subtle, so you'll barely notice. "Wait, were his eyes slightly narrower when he said that line?"

The same could have been said about the way the Watchmen movie did Rorschach. His mask was way to active. Should have just been different whenever there was a face shot but not seen moving like that.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-10-2016 at 03:14 PM.

I really like the costume, it looks a little animated but that's fine since the effects probably aren't finished yet.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I like the look.

But I am a bit concerned this Spider-Man is essentially introduced as a sidekick.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Spidey costume definitely resembles the classic since his first debut by the legendary writer, Stan Lee. Looks awesome!!!

This all looks great, fresh ... I'm thoroughly stoked!

The 'underoos' crack is perfect Tony and sets up the relationship nicely.

Can't wait to hearTom Holland give some classic Spidey smartass comebacks to Stark, bring it!

I can't help but be aware of the darkness of the movie (and the Avengers/Captain America franchise as a whole) juxtaposed with Spider-Man and his wisecracks. He might be just what the Avengers need to lighten them up and make them more interesting again for me.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I like the look.

But I am a bit concerned this Spider-Man is essentially introduced as a sidekick.
    I will disagree a little bit... I like that he is "sidekick-ish".... When Spidey first started he was really more "Spider Boy" and not Spider Man... so I enjoy that maybe he is the youngest of those present and more inexperienced... but maybe a little more up on modern things then the old farts (the other heroes) LOL

I am surprised at my own reaction... When I first Saw the Vision in film I was Smiles ear to ear; when I saw Black Panther for this film I was like; "cool"...but when I just watched Spidey make his entrance among all the other Marvel heroes I literally pumped my fists in the air and said; "Yeeessssss"!!!!!!

Very excited for this movie now
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949