Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Panther's the bigger sell for me, but I have to admit, I really liked that Spidey's appearance, as played, was basically a gag appearance.

Surprise!

That was cute.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

Historically I'm an ASM reader, but not more excited. I'm still looking forward to the movie. Part of it is a kind of reboot fatigue with this character, and part of it is that I have not enjoyed Spider-Man outside of his own titles, especially Avengers books where he just seems to be there to boost sales. That feeling is carrying over to the movie.

I'm also wary that they're introducing BP and Spider-Man in a Captain America movie that already has a megajillion other characters in the mix. I guess you can't have a civil war without a giant cast. Hopefully it's not a big sprawl of a movie.

My overall impression was, this is the RDJ trailer. Obviously someone has decided he will sell tickets to this move. Of course they are correct, my wife will be first in line for a start, and otherwise she would probably pass on a Captain America film.

I absolutely love the Spidy part. It contains so many little nods that tell us Spidy will be so much better now. As someone that shudders everytime I think of ASM2 and the direction it took it made me clap with glee.

THEORY!!!!

(Forgive me if this has already been discussed/addressed?)

Spidey is Iron Man's ace-in-the-hole to MANIPULATE Cap into submission.

No WAY is Mister Registration Stark going to be in favor of a TEENAGER doing the hero thing. No matter how much said teenager admires and adores Tony Stark or big a bond they have over their love of science. NOPE.

I think Tony is USING Spidey to throw it in Steve's face -- and Spidey won't take kindly to being a pawn and he'll switch sides eventually.

Mighty Member

Anyone else feel that they're not completely done with the editing of the suit? I loved the design, but he almost looked like a (really good) CGI charcater as opposed to an actor in a suit.

Mighty Member

Also, I felt like the delivery of the line was really weak. I'm ok with him sounding young (love it actually), but he sounded kind of bored, and I would expect peter to be way more excited to see heroes in person on the battle field (or nervouce maybe)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Anyone else feel that they're not completely done with the editing of the suit? I loved the design, but he almost looked like a (really good) CGI charcater as opposed to an actor in a suit.
    It's a fine line with a character like Spidey, whose suit is so tight. Iron Man on screen is a character who's both an actor in a suit and a really good CGI Character (RDJ only wears the chestpiece above the ab crunch of the armor on set, plus the shoulder pads). My guess is that this design is meant to A) distance itself from the other movie suits so that this one has its own identity and B) homage the older Amazing Fantasy style suit.

Everyone from Kevin Fiege in the studio down seem to be tremendous Spidey fans from when they were kids. They built a family that the can be proud of, but this is the kid they really want. So I would expect him to be handled perfectly well. It's just the sixth time he's been handled.

spider looks a bit washed out no? maybe they aren't done with the effects yet

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    spider looks a bit washed out no? maybe they aren't done with the effects yet
    When he lands and is holding the shield, he's a man in a suit.

He's not CG.

So I guess that's his MCU look.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    When he lands and is holding the shield, he's a man in a suit.

He's not CG.

So I guess that's his MCU look.
    Yeah, but they still brush up the suit in post. Look at the various changes to Black Panther since he was first shown.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Yeah, but they still brush up the suit in post. Look at the various changes to Black Panther since he was first shown.
    Yeah, I think they'll still brush up Spidey's look.

He looks very bright in the trailer.

God. This movie is shaping up to be something truly epic.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    It was good but not as good as the first trailer. Iron Man seeming much more villain like now despite the recent interviews. And I still don't care about Spider-man.
    Honestly Cap is harbouring a known HYDRA terrorist. It's like in A2 when Tony created Ultron and kept it a secret and everyone was on his case for it.

Oh well, Marvel residents double-standards strike again.

BANNED

Spider-Man? more like Spide-Kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly Cap is harbouring a known HYDRA terrorist. It's like in A2 when Tony created Ultron and kept it a secret and everyone was on his case for it.

Oh well, Marvel residents double-standards strike again.
    I mean it appears he breaks him out of an illegal, underwater prison. If Bucky's being detained without trial in a secret prison breaking him out of that seems like the moral choice. And after Winter Soldier it makes sense why Cap wouldn't trust unsupervised government operations.

And regardless of that Iron Man is clearly the one pushing for conflict in this trailer, when Cap still hopes to avoid a fight. No one assaulted him over the Ultron thing
    Last edited by dan12456; 03-11-2016 at 01:37 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.