Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Thor's" Jaimie Alexander Addresses Whether or Not She'll Return for "Ragnarok"

The "Blindspot" star addressed how script changes may have affected her role in "Thor: Ragnarok" and what drew her to the role.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

As long as Loki is in the film and has a good amount of screen time, it'll be absolutely gravy. Tom Hiddleston has been the best actor/character in the Thor movies. I would really like to see Marvel green light a Loki film some day.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's gone.

Unless she has, like, a couple seconds-long scene, they are not going to accommodate to a TV shooting schedule.

She believes that the MCU has better overall character development but she doesn't even know if her character is coming back for the next movie?

Lolololololol! I hope she enjoys her next guest star role on Agents of Shield since that's the only work she seems to be getting in the MCU.

It's like she said that to shine a good light on Marvel so the execs see her white knighting for them and would put her in the next movie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's gone.

Unless she has, like, a couple seconds-long scene, they are not going to accommodate to a TV shooting schedule.
    Actually, it's not unheard of. Especially in the age of CGI, they could easily just use a stand-in and then edit Alexander in later. A lot of the time they're shooting stuff like Avengers or Civil War where there's a big ensemble cast, they'll do stuff like that to work around the actors' other projects (I know Don Cheadle had to miss a lot of Civil War because he was shooting a comedy movie while it was filming).

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Actually, it's not unheard of. Especially in the age of CGI, they could easily just use a stand-in and then edit Alexander in later. A lot of the time they're shooting stuff like Avengers or Civil War where there's a big ensemble cast, they'll do stuff like that to work around the actors' other projects (I know Don Cheadle had to miss a lot of Civil War because he was shooting a comedy movie while it was filming).
    I said TV shows, not filming other movies.
    Movies are not shot in order and are way shorter than shooting a tv season. Even if they only shoot half a season at a time.
    Plus, she is the main character of the TV show, she is in basically in all the time including action scenes.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Marvel is losing a serious asset by not giving her her own film by now. Marvel truly seems focused on the male characters more than the women.

As much as I enjoy their films, they have a lot of work ahead of them.

It's a shame that Sif has gone so underutilized in the movies, to the point where the TV shows have done more for her character then the actual Thor movies have, and that it doesn't look like Ragnarok will be much of a change from that .

I guess I can at least hope they give us a little more Warriors Three and that Hogun's back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I said TV shows, not filming other movies.
    Movies are not shot in order and are way shorter than shooting a tv season. Even if they only shoot half a season at a time.
    Plus, she is the main character of the TV show, she is in basically in all the time including action scenes.
    Don Cheadle has been doing a TV show for the past four years. Sometime shows let their actors shoot around movies, but that all depends on stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unretribud View Post
    She believes that the MCU has better overall character development but she doesn't even know if her character is coming back for the next movie?

Lolololololol! I hope she enjoys her next guest star role on Agents of Shield since that's the only work she seems to be getting in the MCU.

It's like she said that to shine a good light on Marvel so the execs see her white knighting for them and would put her in the next movie lol
    What are you doing on about?

Astonishing Member

It would be a shame if Sif wasn't in it. Then again, I've never seen the second Thor film -- which didn't seem to have much buzz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    Marvel is losing a serious asset by not giving her her own film by now. Marvel truly seems focused on the male characters more than the women.

As much as I enjoy their films, they have a lot of work ahead of them.
    Lol wut? Sif is only a supporting character, if anything black widow deserves her own film ahead of any other females in mcu

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unretribud View Post

I almost said something about how good character development isn't at all countered by whether or not an actor is returning for another movie, but then I got to "white knighting."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

You know what they should do?

Cast her in the DCEU as Donna Troy. Hahaha

Actually, I have a better idea. She should be Big Barda. Sif and Barda already look alike and act alike, thanks to Kirby designs.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 03-10-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Incredible Member

I'll be disappointed if she's not in it, so I'm hoping they can get it worked out.

I have to wonder how that works. I'm assuming like pretty much every other MCU actor and actress outside of Michael Douglas, she signed a multi-film contract with Marvel. She would have signed said deal before she became the lead in Blindspot. I don't know the technicalities of such a deal, but while I don't see Marvel doing so, would her earlier contract supersede the television one? If not, what's the point of multi-film contracts if they can't get the actor when they need to. Really just curious on such a situation.