Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Ah, okay. I never bought anything through Comixology's app. It was/is always online through DCBS's Comixology storefront. They give you a 5% credit for every purchase.
    Not if you're from outside USA(at least not if you come from europe...so far i pay the same on website and on app..when i coudl buy from app )

Image also has a app like marvel and dc

I've sent hundreds of dollars through their iOS app. Good for them, terrible for my bank account. So, for right now, I'm actually happy they have me going through an extra step to purchase. However, I hate that I can't explore new titles on the iOS apps any more since the storefront is gone. I can spend hours searching through different titles and arcs. Yeah, I can just as easily do it via my laptop... but still.

Honestly, I sort of wish that, with Amazon owning it, there would be some sort of perk for being a Prime member. Or the ability to purchase on Amazon (with prime or not) and send it to your Comixology app rather than Kindle. Probably will never happen as they want to keep Comixology as it's own thing... but still, would at least make up for taking away the storefront for the iOS folk. (Plus, would actually make me want to keep my Prime membership.)

If there was a good enough perk, I'd buy a Prime membership. I doubt they could do major publishers for free, but maybe a discount or something.

I'm still hoping for the ability to use Amazon gift cards on Comixology.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    If there was a good enough perk, I'd buy a Prime membership. I doubt they could do major publishers for free, but maybe a discount or something.

I'm still hoping for the ability to use Amazon gift cards on Comixology.
    YES. Using Amazon gift cards on Comixology would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by AdorkableMe View Post
    YES. Using Amazon gift cards on Comixology would be great.
    It still won't be that fair toward iOS user....
    Really this difference is mostly the thing that irken and upset most. For no other reason that I don't felel like nor i can affor dit right now to buy another electronic gadget just to read comics. But alas right now i come to the final phase. Acceptance. As there is nothign i can do or say that would make the whole thing feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    It still won't be that fair toward iOS user....
    Really this difference is mostly the thing that irken and upset most. For no other reason that I don't felel like nor i can affor dit right now to buy another electronic gadget just to read comics. But alas right now i come to the final phase. Acceptance. As there is nothign i can do or say that would make the whole thing feel better.
    Wait, why do you feel like you need to buy another electronic gadget to read comics? You can still read on the iOS using Comixology's app. Only the store is gone because Apple takes a cut of all the in-app purchases. With the way things are going, if you want in-app purchases for comics, likely we're going to have to wait for iBooks/iTunes to step up it's game with comics.

Image is part of the current Humble Bundle.

You can get 4 digital trades for any price.
    If you pay more than the current average, you get 3 more trades.
    If you pay more than $15, you also get 2 Walking Dead trades.

All come in different DRM free formats. The sale is going on for 9 more days.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I'm sticking with comixology. For one I'm an android user so their changes didn't really affect me, but I've also always purchased from their site to avoid paying taxes anyway, so even if I was an iOS user things wouldn't be different.

I am an iOS user but always bought through the website, never the app. No changes for me. I love comiXology and am sticking with it.

Fantastic Member

It occurs to me that the people most hurt by this change are indies. You can still use your Google Play and presumably iTunes credits on DC and Marvel’s respective apps and they’ll synch with your Comixology library though Marvel takes a bit more work. If you want to buy Atomic Robo or Aw Yeah Comics or whatever then you have to go through the Comixology website and you have to use a credit card or *shudder* Paypal for payment*. If you can’t get things conveniently through the app that really cuts down on impulse buys especially with loss of the “you might also like” feature.

*Speaking of which, it feels like the Comixology site should be accepting Amazon gift cards now. At the very least, the Comixology for Kindle app needs to stop being the one place that sales don’t show up.

Just wondered if anyone's buying behaviour was actually altered after this? Mine definitely was, one thing I noticed even though it sounds silly was that actually going to a website and having to put in my card details and also seeing on the app how many comics I had in the cloud it made me realise how much I have spent on comics in the last couple of years. This really is money I could do with spending elsewhere. However I didn't particularly manage/feel I need to support a boycott as such, but I only bought 2 comics the Wake, largely because it's AMAZING and AM& the others, mainly as I really like Aquaman and having a second book out I really wanted to support it to show the love!!! This is WAY down on the number I would have bought if the app had been running the same as before, reckon I would have ended up with about 10 - there was loads out last week. In a way it felt good just selecting a small number I felt I wanted to give my money to and if this keeps up, it will definitely help my bank balance, but won't do much good for Comixology, DC, Marvel, Image etc etc.

My buying behavior hasn't changed -- I still use Comixology (website and app) for most of my purchases.

My only concern would be if further changes were made by Amazon, to try and push the Kindle as the comic reader tablet. I don't think Amazon would do something so reckless, as I sure the number of iOS users greatly outnumbers the Kindle owners, but the fact that they own Comixology, and their own tablet, makes me wonder...

Spectacular Member

Quick question:

I like reading comics on my phone, and I have the Comixology App along with the Kindle Reader App. I like the comixology app better as a reader because I can switch between portrait and landscape view depending on the panel. Kindle only has portrait view. A lot of the times Kindle has cheaper prices than Comixology on collections, though. Just wondering if there was any way to be able to buy from Amazon, and then be able to view that comic in the dual-view style like Comixolgy has.

I was like a few here as well. I spent way too much money on comics, the in app purchase was very tempting. Oh, this arc I always wanted to read. Click and it was there.
    For monetary reasons the change has been great, for my favourite hobby not so much. I now buy, if I buy, only Image comics, as they also allow me to actually own my books.