Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And it's not like she cared when she found out about those Sentinels, anyways.

Besides, she was chasing him because in part, he escaped from prison, and in part to stop his "revolution", i.e. his refusal to bow down to the Avengers.
    Dude, nobody asked him to bow down to the Avengers. As a matter of fact, no hero cared enough to go after him. Beast found them, and did nothing until the Teen Five escaped to them. Wolverine learned where their base was, and did nothing. Mr. Green found then, waited until Kitty and Magik were alone in the base, broke through the walls, asked them to help him with his brain problem and went away. Even Hill found their base eventually, so it wasn't so difficult to find.

They could have found Cyclops and company. They just didn't care to find him.
    Last edited by Habis; 03-13-2016 at 10:43 AM.

yea getting kinda tired.when I started reading comics.it was because heroes were fighting villians.now the villians are heroes.and the heroes are battling each other.wake up marvel.when people get tired they go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, given that they dont care about the terrigen mist..............................
    Why should they care?

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Tired of hero vs hero stuff?????????

My answer in 3 images:

NEVER! LOL
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Yes, but they make them do horrible stuff now, or be too stupid to discuss the issues like adults and find a reasonable solution.

I mean, in the first Civil War, Iron Man was sending heroes to extradimensional Guantanamo without a trial and forcing gifted kids to become slave soldiers. That is pissing over the Constitution.

And Steve Rogers , instead of announcing his candidature for President as an independent candidate (which would have made both Republicans and Democrats to fall on their knees and beg him to renounce, offering to do anything he wanted in exchange) starts an violent revolution against legally appointed peacekeepers (what was he going to do if he won? a coup of state? because you know, even if he punched Tony Stark until candy came out, that isn't going to annull any law or give Steve the authority to change the government's policies).

Or look at AvX. They had Rachel just there. Cyclops and Logan both should have shouted "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHEL!!" the second they knew the Phoenix was coming to Earth. And once the P5 had the Space Chicken's power, the X-Men helped them take over the planet and gladly hunted the Avengers without thinking of the repercussions.

If they want to have Hero vs Hero stories, they should at least avoid to write the characters as either stupid of evil.

You know, reading this thread I have realized that MC has watered down its villain too much. It utterly lacks threatening overwhelming classic villains now. They should create a big, shady, powerful organization that is dedicated to quietly hunt and destroy all heroes, one by one, without revealing itself, using all means, from defamation to destroy their reputatons, to use the legal system to harass them, to using political pawns, to bankrolling villians, to targeting their families, to poisoning them, bombing thems...etc. Something like the Sith Order on steroids, but using money and tech instead of the Dark Side. And they should keep the heroes oblivious of who their true enemy is, and keep the organization active for a decade or more before letting the heroes stop it.
    HAIL HYdra They are the Villians you seek.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Tired of hero vs hero stuff?????????

My answer in 3 images:

NEVER! LOL
    Well these super hero fights made sense in the Silver Age, when the heroes were just starting to get to know each other, now they have known each other for decades, they should be able to settle differences like adults.

Amazing Member

I feel like this thread is both a mix of refreshing and disappointing. In some cases I see people actually proudly using history to refute claims. And on the other I see the tell tales words of people who don't really care about learning history. Which on a personal level bugs me.

Personally, no i don't have any problem with stories pitting two characters typically on the good side against each other. It's a fabric story telling concept that has been in use well before any of us were born. On a historical perspective it's always been a healthy part of storytelling. On a personal level, i enjoy seeing how they chose to go about it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Well these super hero fights made sense in the Silver Age, when the heroes were just starting to get to know each other, now they have known each other for decades, they should be able to settle differences like adults.
    Agreed... but do you really think people would be satisfied with Daredevil and The Punisher just working things out like "adults" over lunch at a local bar or cafe' in Hell's Kitchen?

I understand what you are saying though -- having known one another for so long, they (The Avengers) should know how to work things out without fighting...

...but that wouldn't be nearly as entertaining to the masses (unless it was extremely well written). That said, I do remember Gaiman's Dream ("Sandman") getting all suited up to do battle with Lucifer in Hell, and Lucifer simply quitting and giving Dream the keys to Hell itself rather than fighting with him. I found that a really interesting twist, but definitely something more suited to Vertigo than Marvel.

The desire to see champions do battle is something that goes all the way back to the earliest days of human myth: the gods (and heroes) themselves were always contending with one another for different -- and often petty -- reasons and it's not much of a stretch to see most superheroes as modern day gods and mythological heroesl, following the same patterns.

Cap vs. Tony, Scott vs. Logan, Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock, Joe Louis vs. Rocky Marciano, Batman v Superman -- many people want to see these kinds of battles, and "story" is just a means to make it happen.

The problems occur when the story doesn't live up to the billing (AvX) but that won't stop Marvel -- and everyone else -- from drawing from the well as much as possible, especially when it's a relatively easy way to make a dollar.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-13-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Marvel publishes 50+ comics every month about heroes fighting villains. If you only read "hero vs hero" you're doing something wrong.
    I think it is more like Marvel doesn't put effort into big Versus events that involve actual villains.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Infinity? Secret Invasion? I think Siege counts even if it's world turned upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Yes, but they make them do horrible stuff now, or be too stupid to discuss the issues like adults and find a reasonable solution.

I mean, in the first Civil War, Iron Man was sending heroes to extradimensional Guantanamo without a trial and forcing gifted kids to become slave soldiers. That is pissing over the Constitution.

And Steve Rogers , instead of announcing his candidature for President as an independent candidate (which would have made both Republicans and Democrats to fall on their knees and beg him to renounce, offering to do anything he wanted in exchange) starts an violent revolution against legally appointed peacekeepers (what was he going to do if he won? a coup of state? because you know, even if he punched Tony Stark until candy came out, that isn't going to annull any law or give Steve the authority to change the government's policies).

Or look at AvX. They had Rachel just there. Cyclops and Logan both should have shouted "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHEL!!" the second they knew the Phoenix was coming to Earth. And once the P5 had the Space Chicken's power, the X-Men helped them take over the planet and gladly hunted the Avengers without thinking of the repercussions.

If they want to have Hero vs Hero stories, they should at least avoid to write the characters as either stupid of evil.

You know, reading this thread I have realized that MC has watered down its villain too much. It utterly lacks threatening overwhelming classic villains now. They should create a big, shady, powerful organization that is dedicated to quietly hunt and destroy all heroes, one by one, without revealing itself, using all means, from defamation to destroy their reputatons, to use the legal system to harass them, to using political pawns, to bankrolling villians, to targeting their families, to poisoning them, bombing thems...etc. Something like the Sith Order on steroids, but using money and tech instead of the Dark Side. And they should keep the heroes oblivious of who their true enemy is, and keep the organization active for a decade or more before letting the heroes stop it.
    I fully agree with you but i don't see a way to write a hero vs hero story in which it is avoid to write the characters as either stupid of evil at least it would be hard to do so.
    I'm not sure what story but when I read or watched superheroes as a teenager every time when heroes fight each other it was commen sense that this would be exploited by villains so that they stop their childish fights.

Someone said Hydra yes they could have step in CW1 by broadcasting about what Tony Stark is doing or use just the chaos to steal some weapons.
    About SW Hickman write it so that there were no option to escape all this and Dr.Doom was only able to rescue a tine bit but what if somebody would have been able to remove entire universes from the multiverse which was collapsing and steal/rescue them ? A villain like this would be over shadowing Dr.Doom and Thanos by far.

Hell why do we mind storming on good stories which Marvel could have written a long time ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MattPriceTime View Post
    I feel like this thread is both a mix of refreshing and disappointing. In some cases I see people actually proudly using history to refute claims. And on the other I see the tell tales words of people who don't really care about learning history. Which on a personal level bugs me.

Personally, no i don't have any problem with stories pitting two characters typically on the good side against each other. It's a fabric story telling concept that has been in use well before any of us were born. On a historical perspective it's always been a healthy part of storytelling. On a personal level, i enjoy seeing how they chose to go about it.
    The lack of desire to read the sometimes incredible history of so many of Marvel's characters bugs me too. I always used the editor's
    notes when something was referenced so I could go back and read it for myself. That's basically the way I learned my way around
    the Marvel Universe. I always considered it to be a good thing when I found something that sounded exciting, and it just made me
    want more and more. Today's new readers seem to look at back issues as work, or something to dread. There are very few who care
    about anything but the most current series, and Marvel encourages that a little bit more every time they start a book at #1 again.

Extraordinary Member

I think of Civil War as Mark Millar's way of finding a modern excuse to do a very old-fashioned plot. The traditional Marvel reasons for fighting - a misunderstanding, mind control, or a big bad forcing them to fight - were replaced by a superficially mature, political reason. So we got to see the hero vs. hero fights, but we could reassure ourselves that it wasn't childish. That's not a criticism; it worked.

Yeah right, sure, this is totally the same thing as those old stories............................

Extraordinary Member

A serious version of those old stories, yes. It combines the fun of seeing heroes punch each other with the thrill of thinking one of them might (temporarily) die.