View Poll Results: About Power Girl's chest...

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • She should be flat chested

2 1.47%
  • She should get breast reduction surgery

10 7.35%
  • I like them just fine

95 69.85%
  • They should be even bigger

16 11.76%
  • Don't know/No opinion

13 9.56%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Top Cow artist Stephan Stejic (Artifacts, Witchblade, tons of stuff) did a re-design of her that, I think, worked perfectly, as far as the boob window goes.

http://pre15.deviantart.net/7bdf/th/...al-d59lqz5.jpg
    Dye the red legs blue to keep the classic PG color scheme, and this design would be a just about perfect redesign.

Why is this even a poll? Leave Power Girl's chest alone. What needs fixing is DC's decision to reduce the character to the status of "Supergirl Lite." Bring back Power Girl's real personality, her original history, and give her to a writer and editor who actually respects her and she'll be fine.

BANNED

If you liked his work you should check out his Deviantart page. He goes by something like Nebezel over there. He's got a lot of work from Top Cow, his creator owned stuff, and tons of random doodles and warm-up sketches (the stuff he does in an hour is better than stuff that would have taken me a full day back when I was doing graphic design. I hate him so much!). The man is insane, easily one of the best artists in the entire industry (I'd argue he's Top 10 at least) and his facial expressions and body language are far better than most people who work in that particular "Top Cow" style. He's also got at least two different color versions of this Power Girl sketch too, one of which might appeal to your sensibilities more, as well as new designs for all kinds of DC characters from Superman to Sinestro and Kyle Rayner, Cyborg, Raven...lots of jokes and funny stuff....worth a look if you have a moment.

And past all that, as I understand it he's not a big fan of needless T&A. Or at the least he's a big proponent of women getting treated right and not as just window dressing (though I dont wanna put words in the dude's mouth). As you can see with his Power Girl. The boob window, which is ridiculous no matter how you slice it, becomes a bit of cleavage and solves the problem without drastic changes to her design aesthetic or making her unrecognizable. As I understand it, he did this as a thought exercise. He did this while screwing around, and DC can't get new designs that are half as good from their paid artists. Says a lot.
    I could effortlessly find a couple dozen people on deviantart with more talent than most working comic book artists. At least at drawing characters in still poses, since sequential storytelling is a bit more complicated. But yeah, modern artists should still be embarrassed.

Keep her with the chest to end all chests complete with boob window. Hasn't ever hurt anything before, it won't hurt anything now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I prefer her with an \S/ shield or without a "boob window". Looks ridiculous.

Top Cow artist Stephan Stejic (Artifacts, Witchblade, tons of stuff) did a re-design of her that, I think, worked perfectly, as far as the boob window goes.

http://pre15.deviantart.net/7bdf/th/...al-d59lqz5.jpg
    Wow that's nice.

I did some exploring and found this hilarious prank one: http://orig04.deviantart.net/8ae3/f/...al-d7gpj0b.jpg

I don't think they should change her boob size but they should definitely get rid of the boob window or at least stop stop focusing on her boobs.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

The focus on her boobs is almost always played for laughs. I have no problem with it. And I don't know why but the S on her just doesn't work for me. Considering who she is it should work, but it doesn't. Looks goofy. The costume looks better without a logo of any kind. So if they really were concerned that much with covering her cleavage, I'd say just fill in the oval with solid yellow or red.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-11-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The focus on her boobs is almost always played for laughs. I have no problem with it. And I don't know why but the S on her just doesn't work for me. Considering who she is it should work, but it doesn't. Looks goofy. The costume looks better without a logo of any kind. So if they really were concerned that much with covering her cleavage, I'd say just fill in the oval with solid yellow or red.
    Thank god, I thought it was just me.

Yeah for some reason I really dont like her in vastly different costumes and an "S" shield just seems wrong.

I think if she "upgraded" to Superwoman I might be able to accept it (not her taking the name, I mean the shield).....but it just seems weird, Power Girl having an "S" on her chest. And I have no idea why, since she more than anyone (other than Kal) deserves it.

I do think a degree of cleavage is important to the character's visuals though. It's like Superman's spit curl or Wally's red hair; its a primary visual que and without it its not the same character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The funny thing is, they weren't that big when the character started and there was no boob window, they got big because artist Wally Wood was annoyed with editorial as he worked on All Star Comics (where she debuted) because he felt no one was paying attention to what he was doing, so he decided to draw her chest bigger every issue, increasing her bust size until someone noticed. It took like 7 or 8 issues before anyone except his inker noticed (and he had let the inker in on the joke) so by that time they were vastly exaggerated in size (which is where they are at now). So it's not an integral part of her character or there by design, it's there because a bored creator decided to see how far he could push things before editorial noticed.

-M

PG did have a low cut neckline for a while. Although it still exposed her cleavage and emphasized her breasts, it still wasn't...

the Boob Window. I gotta say, if I'm a villain, I'm taking a dollar out of my bag and slipping it into that window. I will admit, the, cape cord is far superior to the big red circle clasping things holding her cape on.

I'm not crazy about the boob window. Unless she's calling herself Superwoman (and I think she should but what do I know, it's midnight on a Friday night and I'm on a comic book message board) I'm not crazy about the S shield.

Solid white material up to the neckline with a golden cape cord. I like that.
    Second choice, the shield and a name change.
    Third choice, the boob window. I was 15 when it came out, so, you know...

BANNED

The tally is now 32 for the same size, six for bigger and six for smaller. This is a titillating victory for Karen.

Herstory Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The funny thing is, they weren't that big when the character started and there was no boob window, they got big because artist Wally Wood was annoyed with editorial as he worked on All Star Comics (where she debuted) because he felt no one was paying attention to what he was doing, so he decided to draw her chest bigger every issue, increasing her bust size until someone noticed. It took like 7 or 8 issues before anyone except his inker noticed (and he had let the inker in on the joke) so by that time they were vastly exaggerated in size (which is where they are at now). So it's not an integral part of her character or there by design, it's there because a bored creator decided to see how far he could push things before editorial noticed.

-M
    THANK YOU for remembering what really happened!

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    THANK YOU for remembering what really happened!
    As far as I know the Wally Wood story is true, but she had the boob window on Day 1 as seen in this panel from All-Star #48

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I have no problem with them as is, although the boob window is ridiculous. The current costume as seen in Earth 2: Society is fine.

Agreed one hundred percent.