View Poll Results: About Power Girl's chest...

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • She should be flat chested

2 1.47%
  • She should get breast reduction surgery

10 7.35%
  • I like them just fine

95 69.85%
  • They should be even bigger

16 11.76%
  • Don't know/No opinion

13 9.56%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I have no problems with the big boobs or the book window. I think it has reached the point with the character that she is too associated with those things now to really separate them from her. So you can stick a big S on her chest to cover the window, but I think most fans will still associate her with it. So you can either keep trying to push it away or embrace it and have fun. I mean there are a lot of other problems with her character in the New 52 than her boobs. Her characterization has been really poor I feel. I'd like to see those get addressed first.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Keep the boobs, ditch the window. No woman would choose to dress that way. The shirt with the neckline works fine. There's nothing wrong with her being well endowed but let's put things in perspective here. Go back to the costume she had in the Justice League. It's a good compromise. Although I do like that rope thing she has for her cape. We can keep that too!

She's fine the way she is, body diversity in all that. I don't mind it, but I wouldn't miss it if the boob window left. It'd most likely be for the best if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    THANK YOU for remembering what really happened!
    You know, I think I had heard that story years back. Funny, the things that stick and why they started in the first place.

I'd argue that even though it wasn't an original or intentional aspect of her character, it's been a thing for so long that it is now. Much in the same fashion as Nightwing has become the DC's resident male sexpot or Green Arrow is about social injustice (well, was until DC lost their balls). These weren't core aspects at first but they are now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I have no problems with the big boobs or the book window. I think it has reached the point with the character that she is too associated with those things now to really separate them from her. So you can stick a big S on her chest to cover the window, but I think most fans will still associate her with it. So you can either keep trying to push it away or embrace it and have fun. I mean there are a lot of other problems with her character in the New 52 than her boobs. Her characterization has been really poor I feel. I'd like to see those get addressed first.
    Okay, so lets put an "S" shield on her chest, but the parts that are normally yellow, we'll cut out completely. There, nice compromise; she keeps her weird cleavage but the boob window is gone.

Just in case anyone thought otherwise, this was a joke.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Invincible Member

There's nothing wrong with her chest or cleavage window. Just some artists who go overboard

BANNED

To keep people abreast of the voting: It's now 42 who approve. seven who want them bigger and seven who want them smaller

Karen gets awarded a Mounds bar!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Her gigantic boobs are part of her character now. There's no getting around it.

Isn't the debate more about her lack of symbol?

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

lol

Next Panel: Superman clearly surprised by Power-girl replies, "So... um... you're... ah... wanting to be... um... kissing cousins? *pause* But... um... I'm sorta seeing someone."

Next Panel, there's a loud noise of boards breaking

Next Panel, Superman is flying backfirst through the wall

Next Panel, Power-girl flying after him looks to kill and her heat vision flowing from the eyes, "No you stupid moron!!!!!"

BANNED

Bah. Hate that scene...

It's not like all the other superheroes, male or female, who don't have a chest symbol cut out a big hole in their top.

Fantastic Member

She is perfectly fine, keep her pre-52 appearance and most importantly her personality.
    Fricking Emma Frost looks equally ridiculous yet she is one of the better written and beloved character (by readers)in X-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This.

I support different body types in my comics, as well as ages, races, religions, philosophies and ways of life. I want different characters who see the world differently and are different from each other.

To that end, Karen has been portrayed as being big chested, even in a world where everyone looks like a supermodel. And there's nothing wrong with that. There is an entire subset of problems that only girls with Karen's particular....dimensions.....have, and they range from putting on a seat belt comfortably to finding clothes that fit to never being able to make eye contact with anyone (including straight women, who apparently stare at big boobs as much as the rest of us) and being taken seriously as intelligent and rational people (because some folks think you can have brains or boobs, and the more of one the less of the other) And Karen's chest has become a part of her character; people make jokes or hit on her or do whatever they do, and, just like in the real world, Karen has to deal with those situations. To flip the gender script, Nightwing has to deal with being regarded as eye candy too, and Karen's situation is no different (outside of the sexism you see in the comics community and world at large anyway).

If we're going to argue for body diversity then that should include all types of diversity, not be code for "I want fat people too but no other body types."
    I agree.

There should be more body diversity in comics - of men and women. Power Girl is on the the few characters who does have a different body from the norm.

Apparently it never occurred to her to just put cloth over it.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I agree.

There should be more body diversity in comics - of men and women. Power Girl is on the the few characters who does have a different body from the norm.
    Is she really that different? It's not like we don't have a whole lot of unrealistically busty women in superhero comics.