Incredible Member

Default New version of Contagion.

So they're putting out a new version of Contagion, but what's included in it keeps changing when I check. Does it still have Legacy in it? Does it still have Batman Bane.
    If I get it, do I get an unbroken run that leads right up to Road To NML vol 1?

Also while we're at it, does the new version of Evolution have more of the New Gotham era or is it just the same as the previous trade?

Anyone in the know?

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

The new version of Batman: Contagion should be out on March 15, 2016.

The old trade collects:

• Batman (Vol. 1) #529;
    • Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #695-696;
    • Batman: Shadow Of The Bat #48-49;
    • The Batman Chronicles #4;
    • Robin (Vol. 4) #27-28;
    • Catwoman (Vol. 2) #31-32;
    • Azrael (Vol. 1) #15-16.

What will be included in the new trade paperback remains to be seen, but, according to the latest information, it will include all issues collected in the old trade paperback version, and add:

• Catwoman (Vol. 2) #33-35;
    • Robin (Vol. 4) #29-30.

Batman: Legacy will get its own new trade, I presume...

Also, I don't know exactly what you mean by ''an unbroken run that leads right up to Road To No Man's Land, Vol. 1'' - for example, Batman: Road To No Man's Land, Vol. 1 collects...:

• Batman (Vol. 1) 555-559;
    • Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #722, #724-726.

...while Batman: Legacy collects:

• Batman (Vol. 1) #533-534;
    • Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #699-702.

So, even if the upcoming expanded trade of Batman: Legacy will contain more issues, there will probably still be a gap of more than ten issues between both trades.

Here's what I could find about Greg Rucka's ''New Gotham'':

According to Wikipedia, Rucka did the following Detective Comics (Vol. 1) issues:

Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #732, 735, 739-753, 755-775, 783 ("Batman: Death and the Maidens" backup story only in 783), 854-865 ("Batwoman") (1999-2010).

-> Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #743-750 were collected in Batman: New Gotham Vol. 1: Evolution;
    -> Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #754 was collected in Batman: New Gotham Vol. 2: Officer Down.

So most of Rucka's run (up to #775) has not been collected. What will be collected in the upcoming reprint? We'll see. Amazon and Wikipedia list Batman: New Gotham with a release date of August 2016 and say it will collect Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #742-753...
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Incredible Member

According to another board I visit the new version of Contagion contains:

Batman: Contagion TPB contents:

Azrael #15-16
    Batman #529-532
    Batman Chronicles #4
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #48-52
    Catwoman #31-32
    Detective Comics #695-696
    Robin #27-30

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    According to another board I visit the new version of Contagion contains:

Batman: Contagion TPB contents:

Azrael #15-16
    Batman #529-532
    Batman Chronicles #4
    Batman: Shadow of the Bat #48-52
    Catwoman #31-32
    Detective Comics #695-696
    Robin #27-30

Hope that helps
    I wonder why it's so hard (for DC?) to get the right information out on what material will be collected exactly in upcoming reprints. Sure, we could just wait and see when a book comes out, but it would be good to know for sure in advance, right?

So, according to this info, the new Batman: Contagion trade paperback will collect all issues that were collected in the original trade:

Batman (Vol. 1) #529;
    Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #695-696;
    Batman: Shadow Of The Bat #48-49;
    The Batman Chronicles #4;
    Robin (Vol. 4) #27-28;
    Catwoman (Vol. 2) #31-32;
    Azrael (Vol. 1) #15-16.

And add:

Batman (Vol. 1) #530-532 (''The Deadman Connection'');
    Batman: Shadow Of The Bat #50-52;
    Robin (Vol. 4) #29-30.

We'll see
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I wonder why it's so hard (for DC?) to get the right information out on what material will be collected exactly in upcoming reprints. Sure, we could just wait and see when a book comes out, but it would be good to know for sure in advance, right?

So, according to this info, the new Batman: Contagion trade paperback will collect all issues that were collected in the original trade:

Batman (Vol. 1) #529;
    Detective Comics (Vol. 1) #695-696;
    Batman: Shadow Of The Bat #48-49;
    The Batman Chronicles #4;
    Robin (Vol. 4) #27-28;
    Catwoman (Vol. 2) #31-32;
    Azrael (Vol. 1) #15-16.

And add:

Batman (Vol. 1) #530-532 (''The Deadman Connection'');
    Batman: Shadow Of The Bat #50-52;
    Robin (Vol. 4) #29-30.

We'll see
    Yes it does contain all of that, here is a picture of the contents page

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...pse270h0vl.jpg

Yes it does contain all of that, here is a picture of the contents page

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...pse270h0vl.jpg
    I didn't realize you were getting your info straight from the new trade paperback, so no more questions about what has been collected in the updated version of Batman: Contagion.

Thanks!
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

...AND MORE...

All-New Member

I got this yesterday and the extra issues seem to be basically everything between Contagion and Legacy. I hope they reprint Legacy soon.

This is frustrating to the extent that I have the original TPB and it only collects up to the second Robin issue (I guess the second Catwoman issue had fallout which wasn't important enough to include). My copy is autographed my Moench, Grant, O'Neil, Jones, and a few other folks. Grrrr.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I didn't realize you were getting your info straight from the new trade paperback, so no more questions about what has been collected in the updated version of Batman: Contagion.

Thanks!
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by jurassicbond View Post
    I got this yesterday and the extra issues seem to be basically everything between Contagion and Legacy. I hope they reprint Legacy soon.
    Hopefully after Legacy comes out DC will also reprint everything between that and the new Cataclysm/NML trades

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Hopefully after Legacy comes out DC will also reprint everything between that and the new Cataclysm/NML trades
    It'd have to be a special Dixon trade. While it may happen, I wouldn't hold my breath since that period is not a particular event. It'd probably be a Dixon/Nolan Tales of/Legends of HC and these HCs are more few and far between vs these quicker easier cheaper softcovers.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It'd have to be a special Dixon trade. While it may happen, I wouldn't hold my breath since that period is not a particular event. It'd probably be a Dixon/Nolan Tales of/Legends of HC and these HCs are more few and far between vs these quicker easier cheaper softcovers.
    True, though they did release the Brubaker run in a trade, so maybe we could get more TPB's of creator runs rather than the Legends/Tales of series