Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Introducing the X-Men to "Civil War," Mark Millar's Icon Return

Axel Alonso clarifies the status of the upcoming "Black Panther" series, and talks "Civil War II: X-Men" plus Millar & Immonen's "Empress."

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Thank you for the credit and link. Surprised and appreciative.

I think this was a great interview. I like the fact that Alonso, as well as others at Marvel, are directly addressing the X-Men questions now. Likewise, the fact that he's clearly addressing a lot of people's concerns about event tie-ins ruining ongoing stories makes me look forward to the event a little more.

I liked that he called Jim Hammond popular. I'm a fan of the character and like wheat Robinson's doing with him but never thought he was popular.

Shit Opinion #1: Jim Hammond is popular mostly because of Busiek's Marvels;
    Shit Opinion #2: Marvel EIC doesn't have 12-year-old feeling about Hawkeye & Ant-Man Combo move.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Marvel just continues to ef-up the Marvelman/Miracleman stuff.
    "A seamless release from reprint to original????"
    Seriously?
    WTF, Gaiman should have done this freakin years - if not decades ago.
    Marvel then farts around releasing the stuff after they finally secure the rights, you'd think Gaiman and an artist getting their shit together would be priority No. 1.
    Apparently not.
    This book - to me anyway - just continues to lose momentum.

Amazing Member

Jim Hammond is polarizing? Huh. That's news to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    I think this was a great interview. I like the fact that Alonso, as well as others at Marvel, are directly addressing the X-Men questions now. Likewise, the fact that he's clearly addressing a lot of people's concerns about event tie-ins ruining ongoing stories makes me look forward to the event a little more.
    Well, at least, it wasnt the typical and patented wait-and-see.

So, ANOTHER X-Men schism. Wow... Just wow, it's like every X-event bring division amongs mutant kind. Way to go for originality Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    So, ANOTHER X-Men schism. Wow... Just wow, it's like every X-event bring division amongs mutant kind. Way to go for originality Marvel.
    Well, at least this time, Storm vs Magneto makes more sense than Cyclops vs ("pacifist") Wolverine.

Amazing Member

Just about every time this guy opens his mouth my buy pile gets smaller. My family has owned Marvel shares since they were Cadence Industries and I think the whole company is on the verge of jumping the shark. There really is a limit to how many times you can serve crap to your customers and call it Mom's chili.

BANNED

Glad to hear that the new Black Panther could be around for longer than the 11-issue arc, sales allowing.

Not happy to hear (but also not surprised) that there will be loads of Civil War tie-ins. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, at least this time, Storm vs Magneto makes more sense than Cyclops vs ("pacifist") Wolverine.
    I'll give you that, yeah... But I think it's time for Mutant kind to be united again. I mean, it's been X-Men vs X-Men since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Glad to hear that the new Black Panther could be around for longer than the 11-issue arc, sales allowing.

Not happy to hear (but also not surprised) that there will be loads of Civil War tie-ins. Yawn.
    Well, given that this time everyone, and i mean everyone, is involved in this; it was expected.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I liked that he called Jim Hammond popular. I'm a fan of the character and like wheat Robinson's doing with him but never thought he was popular.
    Hammond was only popular in the Golden Age, but he's never been popular since, much less 'incredibly' popular. I've no idea why Alonso would say such a thing about a character that hasn't had an ongoing since the Golden Age.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Shit Opinion #1: Jim Hammond is popular mostly because of Busiek's Marvels;
    Shit Opinion #2: Marvel EIC doesn't have 12-year-old feeling about Hawkeye & Ant-Man Combo move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semicyon View Post
    Jim Hammond is polarizing? Huh. That's news to me!
    No kidding. Seriously, HOW is Hammond polarizing??? The most polarizing character on the Invaders, when the team was created and now, is Namor, not Jim.

And speaking of Namor ...

Alonso: It's going to be like the original "Civil War." All corners of the Marvel Universe will have a place in this war: ... For new launches, a lot, but not all, tie-in. Those that do, will because the creators want to, doing so doesn't interrupt their plans, and they have a strong story hook.

Alonso: Yes, there will be more announcements. We're eager to give announcements for June. And again: The event will affect all corners of the Marvel Universe.
    Does that mean there is going to be an underwater water tie-in? Is Marvel going restore Atlantis and it's Prince? Or will we finally learn what the heck is going on with the rest of the waterbreathers, like Namora, Namorita, Marrina or the Lemurians?

Or is Alonso once again forgetting the biggest corner of the planet is the ocean, and completely discounting yet again?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?