Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    ok, but the premise is still "forgotten gems". that might apply to howard, but catwoman? i picked BH cause of it´s great ellenshaw designs and m. schell. catwoman does not qualify. she qualifies as deserving a reboot. but that is another thread

ofc there is no coherent logic with taste, but i hope the direction i was aiming for is visible
    Okay, but you do realise that those designs are most likely one of the first things that will get thrown out in a modern remake, right? And there's definitely no mr. Schell.
    And the cute robots will probably either completely dominate the film, or not be in it at all.

Anyway, X: Man with the X-Ray Eyes... could be interesting how they could make that work (or even get made) in contemporary Hollywood.
    Also perhaps: Saphire And Steel (its not just old movies that get modern remakes).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The Black Hole could be a very good movie with a good writer.

Logans Run is also another that is begging for a remake and I thought I heard that someone was working on getting it made already.

My #1 choice though is The Last Starfighter. Just think about how cool that movie could be today with modern graphics and style.

ofc we are in the realm of wishful thinking. but ... speculation speculation. i was (...) in a positiv mood and reimagined BH while watching it. there seemd to be some substance which could be build on.
    and to be frank, a modern r2d2 ripoff could only be an improvement

Last edited by abulafia; 03-11-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, I think "Howard The Duck" and "Catwoman" deserve remakes. Great characters, aweful movies. They deserve another chance.

Only if it is to twist the knife showing once again Disney can do it better then Lucas

I kind of want Blind Fury to be remade.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Thinking about it now, I remember watching a TV movie adaptations of The Langoliers. I want that movie remade, as well.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Like someone already said, Interstellar basically is a modern The Black Hole. And why would you remake The Black Hole? You wouldn't want to carry the robot designs over, those robots sucked, they were like crappy cartoon Star Wars robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I kind of want Blind Fury to be remade.
    There was a Zatōichi remake a few years back. I kind of feel like a Blind Fury remake is completely pointless since it's just a take on Zatōichi. You don't remake that movie, you just do a different modern American take on Zatōichi.

Never ending story, loved it as a kid. Doesnt hold up well now, so id love a remake for nostalgic reasons.

Jason and the Argonauts, dont care if you call it a remake of the movie or another adaption of the greek story either way I want it.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Red Sonja. With Jessica Biel as Sonja.

Conan. But adapt it from an actual Robert E. Howard story this time.
    I'd settle for Conan movie as good as John Carter of Mars. Jessica Biel? Great choice.

Now that I think of it... Warlock (would be interesting to see if anybody better than Julian Sands is found), Leprechaun, The Shadow
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 03-12-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    There was a Zatōichi remake a few years back. I kind of feel like a Blind Fury remake is completely pointless since it's just a take on Zatōichi. You don't remake that movie, you just do a different modern American take on Zatōichi.
    Pretty much.

The new Zatoichi was hella good, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    X: Man with the X-Ray Eyes... could be interesting how they could make that work (or even get made) in contemporary Hollywood.
    Tim Burton tried for awhile, but there were a) right issues and b) nobody wanted to finance it.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 03-12-2016 at 01:15 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

If it's "Off The Beaten Path" jems, it seems like The Dead Zone was a precursor to a lot of what is happening now. The problem is that the original is flawless.

I'd say "Flatliners", but I swear I heard that a remake is already in the works.

In the same "Already Perfect But Worthy" category that The Dead Zone is in? The Quick And The Dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Tim Burton tried for awhile, but there were a) right issues and b) nobody wanted to finance it.
    I didn't know that. Shame it didn't happen.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If it's "Off The Beaten Path" jems, it seems like The Dead Zone was a precursor to a lot of what is happening now. The problem is that the original is flawless.

I'd say "Flatliners", but I swear I heard that a remake is already in the works.

In the same "Already Perfect But Worthy" category that The Dead Zone is in? The Quick And The Dead.
    They are getting a Flatliners reboot going. Last I heard Ellen Page was in talks to star.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Count me in for Flatliners and The Quick and the Dead.
    As a big fan of Rutger Hauer... Ladyhawke, Flesh+Blood
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 03-12-2016 at 05:54 AM.

Incredible Member

the sweet spot for a remake is pretty much the following.
    1. It needs to justify why it's a remake. Robocop and Ghostbusters can't justify a remake because honestly, minimal issues with both in their proper context and remaking them means you'll always be comparing them to the original. That's a high bar that is virtually impossible to beat.
    2. If they are full flops, unless there was an outside of the movie reason (ex. John Carter's exploding budget and crappy marketing campaign), probably a good idea to not do it.
    3. They need a hook. A current popular actor that would be perfect for a specific character, a distinctive director whose normal take would bring something new, or a new animation technique that brings something fictional to life (ex. balrog from fellowship). make sure it's there before you start. heck a fad could justify it's remake if it really does tie into it.

With that in mind, the best remake fodder are "near misses." Borderline flops that you can honestly say "if they only did <insert action here>" it would be way better.

It also gives you more wiggle room to make it your own.

So with that in mind, what would be a great remake?

Damnation Alley - It's main reason for flopping hard is that it went head to head with Star Wars. Give it a cgi budget for monsters, make it a tad closer to the book, update the Landmaster and treat it like a road movie. hell Fury Road just cleared the way for it to jump on it's coat tails.