Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Cobra (1986, Stallone/Thompson)
    maybe with Jon Bernthal in Stallone's and Tom Hardy in Thompson's role.

Helter Skelter (haven't seen that type of movie since Fincher's Zodiac)

I wouldn't say "Highlander" needs a remake. The first movie was fine. But the second one was no gem and needs to be remade in such a way as to be consistent with the first one. In fact, it just needs to be remade as something that doesn't totally suck. Then that can lead to other movies and television shows that *gasp* don't contradict the first movie or previous movies. For a while there, it became a tradition that almost everything done with the Highlander concept had to contradict the first movie or something previously done.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Highlander had way to many bad sequels and the TV shows. It needs a total fresh start reboot. From what I saw they are trying to get a reboot made right now. Dave Bautista was rumored to be taking the Kurgan role at one point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I didn't know "Oz" was itself a remake. Sort of like the Humphrey Bogart version of the Maltese Falcon which is considered the classic version but it is a remake.

The Bradbury work and the Asimov one definitely could use remakes.

I know it would never sell yet but a remake of LOTR and the Hobbit in particular that is more faithful to the books.

I also read where Whedon had issues with Donald Sutherland but just has no interest in doing something that would be just a slight remake of something he already did.

As often as "Dracula" has been remade, I still hope for something authentic to the book. No, not "Bram Stoker's Dracula" which was really Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula. It was okay until he had Mina crying out for Dracula and sort of falling for him though I suppose that could be a legitimate take on what Stoker was hinting at with the vampire as metaphor.
    It not being a remake is probably why you didn't know it's a remake. There are other versions of Wizard of Oz that came before it, but they aren't the same thing. The Lord of the Rings movies are more of a remake. At least those take framing right out of the cartoon.

Incredible Member

Krull: Original is fine, but I think there's still some untapped potential in that story to warrant a remake.