Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Ben Reily: Scarlet Spider#25 (Final Issue)

BANNED

BANNED

Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

And, again -- other than the size of the spider on Ben's hoodie -- I really like this art style. Perhaps because it reminds me of the art in Spectacular Spider-Man during the '90s Clone Saga.

-Pav, who wonders what's next for Ben...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

I'm just glad this book has been embracing Mephisto so much...and look, it's established his memory warps can be reversed for his pleasure and other's torment...another possible clue of a reversal to come for Peter?

Haven't been reading this, I thought that Mephisto was imprisoned in Hell after Damnation.

Incredible Member

Well i am pretty sure anyone keeping up with Solits knows that Ben lives because there is a cover of Spider-Geddon with Superior Spider-Man holding up ben in the octopus arms and looking menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Well i am pretty sure anyone keeping up with Solits knows that Ben lives because there is a cover of Spider-Geddon with Superior Spider-Man holding up ben in the octopus arms and looking menacing.
    It couuuuuld be an alternate-reality Ben.

I don't think it is, but we don't know either way yet.

-Pav, who wants to keep the suspense alive...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Ugh, this artist again. He could at least learn how to draw Ben's outfit correctly.... his spider symbol looks ridiculous. And I have no idea what's happening on the last page with that "silent explosion" stuff.....

Sliney couldn't even come back for the last issue? C'mon, Marvel.... PAD (and Ben) deserves better than this.

Anyway, I have no idea what's happening in this issue, but hopefully Ben is back before the issue ends. I don't want something that keeps us in limbo.

I'm guessing that that isn't really Ben in the last two panels. He was probably swapped out (by Death?) during the "silent explosion." Notice how the word bubbles look different?

Or he was sent back to his body (which he is eerily standing in).
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 10-05-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ugh, this artist again. He could at least learn how to draw Ben's outfit correctly.... his spider symbol looks ridiculous. And I have no idea what's happening on the last page with that "silent explosion" stuff.....

Sliney couldn't even come back for the last issue? C'mon, Marvel.... PAD (and Ben) deserves better than this.
    Sliney isn't really that good...once Bagley left, art quality went way down.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

And, again -- other than the size of the spider on Ben's hoodie -- I really like this art style. Perhaps because it reminds me of the art in Spectacular Spider-Man during the '90s Clone Saga.
    Yeah. Similar to Tom Lyle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Sliney isn't really that good...once Bagley left, art quality went way down.
    I agree that Sliney is no Bagley. But he’s still better than this guy. Of course I wish Bagley had never left. It was kind of crummy for Marvel to reassign him after only 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Haven't been reading this, I thought that Mephisto was imprisoned in Hell after Damnation.
    Yea that’s still a plot hole here unless this is all a test from Lady Death.

Pretty sure that is Lady Death and her shenanigans again. Final test for Ben, to see if he will finally accept responsibility for his actions.

Gonna really miss PAD
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.