I searched, and I searched, and I searched, but alas, I could not find an Appreciation Thread for the SUPERIOR Spider-Man. Which, IMO, is a tragic mistake, and one that should be corrected right this instant! So, I took it upon myself to create a place where our Dear, Lord and Saviour Otto Gunther Octavius coud be praised for his SUPERIORITY!

Ahem, anyway, all kidding aside, I did find it weird that there's no appreciation thread about him, especially considering there are such threads for characters with like, 1 or 2 appearances (yes, I'm looking at you X Board!). Personally, I had outgrown Parker by the time Ock came around, so naturally I really enjoyed his tenure. There where problems in the run, sure, but between the tie-ins, team-up, crossovers and the like, Ock became one of my favourites. There's nothing "wrong" with Peter, but after so many years, I've noticed that either the stories have become stale, or that I just don't really "care" about him anymore. I pulled ANAD TASM, but still, I didn't really thoroughly enjoy it. I mean, I liked it but eh, at 10 euros per month I could get 2 other books that I'll enjoy more. Apart from that, I did genuinely find Ock and his struggles interesting. He was a c@nt for stealing a man's life, but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy him as a character. I mean, look at Hannibal Lecter... It's just that if the main title had been handled with more care as to avoid all those OOCMs, I think the run would've been remembered more fondly. But still, Team-Up was great every single month, so that fixes everything!

Anyway, to start this off, here's a question: If Peter truly were never to return and Ock was here to stay, what team would you like to see him in? Now, for this to work we need to change Ock's personality a bit, so that he wouldn't scream "SUPERIOOOOR" every 2 seconds and could function as a team member. What I'm asking is, would he fit better in the Avengers? Ultimates? His own team compromised of [...]?

Share your thoughts and praise be upon the...