Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Well, Civil War ll is upon us and I wonder which side Superior would take if he were around. if I recall correctly in Civil War l Otto was part of Zemo's huge Thunderbolt army that was going against the Grandmaster so I guess that put him on Stark's side. What about this time? I imagine being a scientist first and his thirst for knowledge might have him intrigued by Ulysses and put him on Carol's side but his instinct for self preservation and the threat that a precog could reveal him would have him gravitate towards Tony's side. I think out of fear for his survival Otto would side with Stark in the hope that he could examine Ulysses and either find out how his powers work so he could block them or find a way to sabotage his brain.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

I found Superior to be entertaining but poorly written. Slott had to make a lot of characters act OOC in order for the story to work.

Going from Amazing to Superior did seem like a change in writers, perhaps Slott should have put Mary Jane or Aunt May in a coma or something to explain Peter's sudden change in personality.

I don't believe SpOck was challenging Peter to a physical confrontation in Spider-Verse, he's clearly surprised when he gets punched. Otto's a scientist first, he was giving Peter a chance to present an argument and show what, if any, invention he had that was better than his(SpOck's) cloaking device that made him better qualified to lead. I just can't imagine Otto picking a fight with someone and letting them get the first shot in.

After Peter defeats Otto he immediately establishes his "no kill" policy although his reasoning seems a bit shaky. It was SpOck's group "killing" Daemos that they discovered the Inheritors were using clones and led to the tide being turned in the war.

Interesting how, even though in Peter's body, Silk's pheromones didn't have the same effect as they did on Peter. He was aware of something yet didn't go all horn-dog after her, and yes I'm aware that the setting and circumstances were completely different but I suspect that the main reason was that SpOck had the mind of a sixty-ish year old man while Peter was, and is, basically a juvenile.

Although I enjoyed Superior's exchanges with the Mighty Avengers he really didn't fit in. I suspect the only reason he was with them in the beginning was to attract readers.

Interesting that Peter's Spidey-sense hasn't tingled around The Living Brain yet. Could it be that Otto is not malevolent so he's not registering as a threat or has Peter's Spidey-sense always been going off around TLB, being that it's a former villain, but he became accustomed to it so he ignores it?

The next couple of issues should be interesting for Otto. Dr. Clarkson's technology has caught his intention yet as Superior he's already taken a hard line against cloning, although that was a different writer(Yost). I always wondered why Octavius never looked into cloning when he discovered his body was dying. Possibly some moral objection?

I'm having serious doubts as to whether we'll ever see Superior again. There's no way a writer would let Otto run around knowing Peter's secret identity.

Looks like Otto won't be back as Superior but Doc Ock. Not sure how I feel about that. I have some questions about what Otto remembers being that his memories only go up to Superior #19. Seems like he was already trying to redeem himself at that point and he wasn't so emotionally attached to Anna, and also he hadn't started Parker Industries yet.

They buried him at Potters field? They couldn't bury him near his mother? Seems like that's reason enough for him to return to evil.

I guess we're not going to get a Superior Spider-Man but rather a Superior Doc Ock as he literally had to fight for his life. I'm getting confused with all these brain swaps. The way I understand it we now have a copy of a copy of a copy.

Well, Otto is in his cloned body but to be honest I don't understand how Peter's persona could have been in there.