Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I see Otto did a 180° turn on his opinion of clones.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    I see Otto did a 180° turn on his opinion of clones.
    Fun how that tends to happen with certain people when you become one yourself.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

So, after reading Clone Conspiracy #5 I guess there's a slim chance we could see a Superior Spider-Man again, but will it be Otto (always have at least three contingency plans)Octavius?

spoilers (Clone Conspiracy #4 & #5)
    spoilers (Clone Conspiracy #4 & #5) final warning.

Been out of the loop since about the last time I posted, around a year ago. Otto's back? As the Superior Octopus? Or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Been out of the loop since about the last time I posted, around a year ago. Otto's back? As the Superior Octopus? Or something?
    I'm guessing you got to see right before Spider-Verse ended that the time-displaced Otto set something in motion before he was kicked back to his proper time, right?
    Turns out he "cloned" his mind into a digital backup on one of those wrist devices he used to have. After nearly burning out his wrist device and destroying his Living Brain body, he slipped into Jackal's facilities and put his mind into a clone being made of his former dead body (killing a clone of Peter's mind in the process, since it was his brain patterns that the original Ock body died with).
    Then at the end of Clone Conspiracy after most clones degenerated he knocked Jackal out and stole the "proto-clone" they worked on, which would genetically shift to fit the mind of the person it hosted. Now he has some of Peter's DNA but his DNA is dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I'm guessing you got to see right before Spider-Verse ended that the time-displaced Otto set something in motion before he was kicked back to his proper time, right?
    Turns out he "cloned" his mind into a digital backup on one of those wrist devices he used to have. After nearly burning out his wrist device and destroying his Living Brain body, he slipped into Jackal's facilities and put his mind into a clone being made of his former dead body (killing a clone of Peter's mind in the process, since it was his brain patterns that the original Ock body died with).
    Then at the end of Clone Conspiracy after most clones degenerated he knocked Jackal out and stole the "proto-clone" they worked on, which would genetically shift to fit the mind of the person it hosted. Now he has some of Peter's DNA but his DNA is dominant.
    Interesting, so he still has spider-powers, but he's a more fit Otto now, is that what I'm getting out of this?

Read the whole clone conspiracy thing (thanks, digital comics!). Glad they included a recap of events and a whole issue from Otto's perspective, showing us what he's been up to and how he got here. A shame he doesn't remember issues 20 through 30, as those are kind of important, but I'm hopeful he'll get those memories inserted into him somewhere down the line.

BANNED

So it seems as of Secret Empire...

spoilers:
    Ock is on the Avengers roster, with the group operating for Hydra

The roster includes

-Ock
    -Scarlet Witch
    -Vision
    -Odinson
    -Black Ant
    -Taskmaster
    -Deadpool
    end of spoilers

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Anyone see the Superior suit Mark III in Spider-Man/Deadpool #17? Because Peter made some pretty nice upgrades (shoulder mounted cannons that can output the energy of an entire power plant, some sort of tech that can hack into people's nerves, and a plasma breeder that can output the energy of the sun - this wasn't actually part of the suit). Guess we know who still is the TRUE Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Anyone see the Superior suit Mark III in Spider-Man/Deadpool #17? Because Peter made some pretty nice upgrades (shoulder mounted cannons that can output the energy of an entire power plant, some sort of tech that can hack into people's nerves, and a plasma breeder that can output the energy of the sun - this wasn't actually part of the suit). Guess we know who still is the TRUE Superior Spider-Man.
    You mean the person that created Parker Industries enabling Peter to upgrade his tech?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    You mean the person that created Parker Industries enabling Peter to upgrade his tech?
    But Parker Industries didn't upgrade the tech - Peter Parker did.

can't wait to hear Otto lay into "inferiors" like Taskmaster and Black Ant.

It just occurred to me that we'll inevitably see some untold tales from the Superior Spider-Man era, a bit like how Slott and McKeever have covered the Alien Costume era.

The future untold tales have a lot of potential since those stories were consistently fun.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Looks like for now we won't be getting Superior Spider-Man or Doctor Octopus but a combination of both;

Spoilers

spoilers

Hail Hydra.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Anyone else would have liked to have seen a Superior Ock and classic Ock story for Marvel Legacy?