Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

This pic might come from the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #29 so,
    Spoilers (maybe)

Looks like Otto might be going up against Pete and to be honest I think Peter is way over matched.
    1) Otto always held his own with what was a below average body and now he's got a "Spider-Man" body.

2) Complete with Octo sense.

3) Tech vs. Tech I'm giving Ock the edge because not only is he familiar with Parker technology he doesn't limit himself to stun settings.

4) Octavius knows Sider-Man's identity.

5) Spidey doesn't have SHIELD to help him.

6) Otto has Hydra.

7) Otto has the Hydra Avengers.

8) Otto is really, really pissed (I mean more than usual).

Peter's only real advantage is Anna and whether Otto is still carrying a torch for her.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Oh yeah, Peter is so screwed.
    Spoilers from Secret Empire United #1
    spoilers

Otto's not playing around, he's got his confidence back. Looks like P.I. might be getting a new CEO. A...Superior CEO.

they really aren't taking much advantage of this event. I would have read a Superior Octopus mini.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

How would you all feel if somewhere in the vast Marvel Multiverse, they still had Otto as the Superior Spider-Man, only they know it is Otto, and he filled in because that universe's Peter Parker was dead?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    How would you all feel if somewhere in the vast Marvel Multiverse, they still had Otto as the Superior Spider-Man, only they know it is Otto, and he filled in because that universe's Peter Parker was dead?
    I'd rather see an alternate universe comic series in which Otto continued on from his redemption point as Superior Spiderman. Say something went wrong and Peter's personality faded away forcing Otto to remain as Super-Man even after he decided to do the right thing. That way Otto's great character development could continue onward.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

iMan 42s

I'd be cool with Superior Octopus meeting Superior Spider-man. Spider finds out he fails but gets a new body and simultaneously compromising his relationship to Anna. Octopus in hindsight sees what could've been should he have remained in control, and realizes that he in a sense loses Anna all over again. It also would be a fun meetup considering Spider has some disdain for his former life, and Octopus is jaded over the whole saga. I'd love past and future colliding like that since we could get some great Otto interactions and insight into his mindset out of both interacting.
    What could be cool about that might be that in hindsight Octopus wants to give his "prior" self all of the solutions to the Superior Spider-man problem. Maybe get rid of (perhaps forcibly remove) Peter Parker from Spider so he could win in Goblin Nation instead.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

First meeting between Superior Octopus and Amazing Spider-Man.

Spoilers (slight) from ASM #29

I'll give Pete a slight edge in the physical confrontation, being that he went all ECW and Otto really didn't come to fight but I'm giving a decisive edge to Octavius on the mental battle. Round 1 goes to Superior.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    First meeting between Superior Octopus and Amazing Spider-Man.

Spoilers (slight) from ASM #29

I'll give Pete a slight edge in the physical confrontation, being that he went all ECW and Otto really didn't come to fight but I'm giving a decisive edge to Octavius on the mental battle. Round 1 goes to Superior.
    Nah. Peter is significantly smarter, and way more experienced and skilled than Otto. The only way Ock wins this battle is bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Nah. Peter is significantly smarter, and way more experienced and skilled than Otto. The only way Ock wins this battle is bad writing.
    When was the last time Peter actually won a fight..without help?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    When was the last time Peter actually won a fight..without help?
    Yeah - that's what I call bad writing. Peter should easily win if both of them were acting in character, not if Slott is making Peter act idiotically so his favourite character (Doc Ock) can appear more powerful.

I don't believe this is a conflict that Peter can win by beating Ock to a pulp. He's got to prove that Otto is wrong and that he can run a company as well as be a superhero.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Although I liked Ock's character development that we got out of Superior, I hate what it did to Peter.
    The plusside is now there is an interesting dynamic between the founder of the company who does anything for success even cheating, and Peter who took over and is more focused on helping than success.
    I'm hoping Peter defeats Ock both mentally and physically. We'll see what happens I guess.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    Although I liked Ock's character development that we got out of Superior, I hate what it did to Peter.
    The plusside is now there is an interesting dynamic between the founder of the company who does anything for success even cheating, and Peter who took over and is more focused on helping than success.
    I'm hoping Peter defeats Ock both mentally and physically. We'll see what happens I guess.
    Honestly I have no doubt that that'll happen in the end. After all, this an Otto who never went through the humility that the original ended up going through at the end of Superior and thus hasn't learned the lessons of his own arrogance and limits clouding him from truly being the superior one.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly I have no doubt that that'll happen in the end. After all, this an Otto who never went through the humility that the original ended up going through at the end of Superior and thus hasn't learned the lessons of his own arrogance and limits clouding him from truly being the superior one.
    I certainly hope so. It would be fitting. For all of Ock's braggings Spidey has foiled his plans time and time again.
    I don't really want a draw like we had in the last Ark with Norman where although the confrontation without powers was a nice touch I was disappointed by how it ended. Slott could have had Peter knock out Norman than fainting of exhaustion. After which Norman would wake up first and run, rather then having Osborn win in that particular instance. It's not a major complaint. I just think it would have been cooler that way.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Haven't been keeping up. What issues of this big event thing should I pick up to keep up with our resident Superior dude?