Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Have started re-Reading Superior Spider-Man from the begining.
    Great read.
    Sometimes rereading comic books they show more flaws missed the first time Reading( narrative flaws,art flaws) but have to say that this do not apply to the Superior Spider-Man stories.
    Just a fun and out there idea for a Spider-Man story in thirty or so issues that are a must read.

Oh Otto, you don't know how much your condescending attitude and bad jokes are missed.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Oh Otto, you don't know how much your condescending attitude and bad jokes are missed.

True.
    One of the things i enjoyed from the Superior Spider-Man stories was to see Spider-Man with the Otto peculiar personality.

I wonder if we'll ever see Superior Spider-man on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Have started re-Reading Superior Spider-Man from the begining.
    Great read.
    Sometimes rereading comic books they show more flaws missed the first time Reading( narrative flaws,art flaws) but have to say that this do not apply to the Superior Spider-Man stories.
    Just a fun and out there idea for a Spider-Man story in thirty or so issues that are a must read.
    Superior had some real WTF-how-is-nobody-questioning-this moments, like:

spoilers:
    1) Otto performing high-risk surgery on a little kid while wearing a Spider-Man costume with scrubs over it, and 2) the Professor challenging "Peter's" thesis by saying that it was stolen from research by his "good friend Otto Octavius" (as in super-villain terrorist that had just held NYC hostage) and nobody is weirded out by that.
    end of spoilers

Yet it *WORKED*. It was such a crazy and ridiculous roller-coaster run and Otto was so enjoyable that I followed him to other series (his brief stint in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers is laugh-out-loud hilarious). I was genuinely disappointed about when and how this era ended.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Superior had some real WTF-how-is-nobody-questioning-this moments, like:

spoilers:
    1) Otto performing high-risk surgery on a little kid while wearing a Spider-Man costume with scrubs over it, and 2) the Professor challenging "Peter's" thesis by saying that it was stolen from research by his "good friend Otto Octavius" (as in super-villain terrorist that had just held NYC hostage) and nobody is weirded out by that.
    end of spoilers

Yet it *WORKED*. It was such a crazy and ridiculous roller-coaster run and Otto was so enjoyable that I followed him to other series (his brief stint in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers is laugh-out-loud hilarious). I was genuinely disappointed about when and how this era ended.
    I am glad Peter is back, but I really wish Peter had learned more from Ock’s stint in the costume to become a better hero, instead of pretending nothing happened.

For those who are interested, check out my Superior Spider-Man The Hero I Want To Be fan story -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12778674/1/

enjoy
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-29-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I've posted a new chapter for those interested -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1277867...o-I-Want-To-Be

enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Man, I really loved Superior Spider-Man. The Idea of a supervillain trying to be a superhero really appealed to me, and I love what Slott did with ideas and potlines that such an idea would bring up.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

So, after the events of spoilers:
    Amazing Spider-Man #800
    end of spoilers, what do you think will happen next for Otto?

spoilers:
    Will he go back to being The Superior Spider-Man, based on that last image? I like him as The Superior Octopus. He should keep the look but go back to being his great anti-hero self. Hopefully he gets his own book!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man #800

spoilers:
    Will he go back to being The Superior Spider-Man, based on that last image? I like him as The Superior Octopus. He should keep the look but go back to being his great anti-hero self. Hopefully he gets his own book!
    end of spoilers
    I am so glad to hear about this. To me Superior Spider-Man was Slotts best work. Ock was doing better at Peter's life in more ways then Peter was. He was smarter and used his tech better and planned better. It's open to anyone now that whats to pick him up and run with him.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-11-2018 at 02:32 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man #800

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can't see Otto with any designs to be Spider-Man again.

I think he's probably going to bide his time at Horizon and plan out his next move. And probably creepily hang around Anna Maria.
    end of spoilers

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Doc-Ock-622894486

Some cool fan art i found.

Which issues is the storyline collected in?

spoilers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if alongside the relaunched Miles, Gwen, and any other new Spider-books they most likely will do by the end of the year, we may get a new Superior Ock book, and I honestly would love to see that, there's alot of interesting possibilities to take that, plus #800's ending leaves the door open for a series I could very much see in the vein of the original Venom mini-series'.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.deviantart.com/art/Doc-Ock-622894486

Some cool fan art i found.

Which issues is the storyline collected in?
    Superior Spider-Man #1-33 is the main story, accompanied by Avenging Spider-Man #15.1-22 and then Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1-12. The main book is written by Dan Slott, but Avenging and Superior Team-Up are handled by Chris Yost until issue 8, with a different writer doing the last four issues tying in with the Superior Spider-Man finale in #27-31. Issues 32 and 33 are actually postscript issues in a manner of speaking, setting up his appearances in Spider-Verse through some time-traveling shenanigans from Spider-Man 2099's return arc in issues 17-19. From there, the Superior Spider-Man appears as a main character in Spider-Verse (ASM Vol. 3 #9-15), a reluctant ally of Peter Parker who later becomes the antagonist as soon as the Inheritors are finally defeated.

After his own defeat, he creates a digital copy of himself that he uses to take over the Living Brain after 100 days and following months of secret machinations behind the scenes, he makes his move and, upon being thwarted by Peter, hooks up with the new Jackal to regain a body cloned from his DNA in issues 18 and 20 of ASM Vol. 4. He then appears throughout Clone Conspiracy #1-5 as an antagonist alongside the new Jackal before violently turning against him after he casually insults Anna Maria, upon which Otto learns the new Jackal's true identity and lashes out in fury to upend the new Jackal's plot, though unwittingly giving the new Jackal inspiration to take his plot to world-ending extremes. In the end, both Otto and the new Jackal seemingly perish in combat together, only for Otto's survival to be revealed in a ten-page backup in ASM Vol. 4 #25, showing him in a new clone body made from Peter Parker's DNA with his own mixed in, and teaming up with HYDRA, the full ramifications of which are revealed in ASM Vol. 4 #29-31. Following this, he vanishes from the series, laying low until his dramatic reappearance in ASM 800.
    The spider is always on the hunt.