Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Spectacular Member

Does anyone know what Allred decided to add into that Madman Shindig collection? I'm guessing I'd pretty much have most them if I had the Gargantua and Atomica collections. Saw sizes of the other Artist Selects and they don't look much bigger than the OHC's inside, so don't think I'd be missing much.

Lost Light #14
    spoilers:
    What Grimlock did to the Scavengers was nasty. However, I did notice that their torsos were largely untouched - their sparks look like they're fine. Could it be a big trick?
    end of spoilers
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Spectacular Member

Hi, I've been away from comics a while and I'm wondering why if Hasbro and IDW worked to bring the shared universe to life, what happened to end it?

I was into Marvel era ROM, the Action Man, GI Joe, MASK and the Transformers. Loved them all, now ROM and Micronauts are a thing, and every title was cancelled, yet Hasbro made a set of figures for $100, what happened??!

I would love to see a Shogun Warriors/Kaiju title, toss in Godzilla and Gamera..

The EIC is out. Says he quit, but I bet be was asked to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Amazing Member

I am back! The talk on youtube, is that IDW is about two weeks from bankruptcy. I've noticed that the new Popeye classics hasn't come out. They just finished up the dell run. If IDW folds, I hope another company will continue reprinting the series.

Talk on YouTube? Looks like one crank. In terms of credibility, that's below speculation from BleedingCool.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    Hi, I've been away from comics a while and I'm wondering why if Hasbro and IDW worked to bring the shared universe to life, what happened to end it?

I was into Marvel era ROM, the Action Man, GI Joe, MASK and the Transformers. Loved them all, now ROM and Micronauts are a thing, and every title was cancelled, yet Hasbro made a set of figures for $100, what happened??!
    I think it was just a matter of sales on IDW's part. Not enough people were interested in a shared Hasbro universe.

That's something that Hasbro and Paramount should be mindful of in their plans for a shared cinematic universe with these properties, IMO. What worked for Marvel may not work for them.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

People buy Transformers to read about Transformers, not Transformers with shoe-horned other properties included for no apparent reason. Really, does anyone actually give a good ol' fashioned darn about Visionaries? I grew up in the 80's and even I barely remember them.
    @Matt_of_Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    People buy Transformers to read about Transformers, not Transformers with shoe-horned other properties included for no apparent reason.
    I'm inclined to think that people who read G.I. Joe feel the same way about their book. I know that I followed the IDW G.I. Joe continuity all the way until they decided to make Transformers and the other Hasbro properties a big part of their world. The crossovers killed it for me.
    Really, does anyone actually give a good ol' fashioned darn about Visionaries? I grew up in the 80's and even I barely remember them.
    I had a Visionaries action figure (Witterquick) for a very long time and played with it often, but I never really got into the rest of the Visionaries universe. As an '80s property, Visionaries was really one of the more obscure ones to begin with and wasn't all that successful as a franchise, truth be told (the toyline pretty much bombed and the cartoon only lasted a year & was forgotten immediately). Its inclusion in this shared Hasbro universe probably has more to do with it simply being around in the '80s than any actual demand for it, IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    People buy Transformers to read about Transformers, not Transformers with shoe-horned other properties included for no apparent reason. Really, does anyone actually give a good ol' fashioned darn about Visionaries? I grew up in the 80's and even I barely remember them.
    You can have a shared universe without everyone bumping into each other.

That's something that Hasbro and Paramount should be mindful of in their plans for a shared cinematic universe with these properties, IMO. What worked for Marvel may not work for them
    They are thinking it can be done without it being a mess.

I think it has more to do with whatever toy molds Hasbro has and what they want to toss out.

You don't have to show MASK in a GI JOE movie.

Spectacular Member

And here I was waiting for My Little Pony vs Transformers...

Astonishing Member

I would be happy if IDW get their hands on Masters of the Universe and start a full reboot with Adam getting the sword, and the transformation of Keldor into Skeletor and so on. DC done **** with it. I remember the Motu franchise had a good start with MV Creations a few years back.

I know its wishful thinking, but still...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Just found this today. Marvel's arch-enemy ,Zach at Diversity & Comics, talks about some of the rumors surrounding Chris Ryall's dismissal from IDW

This week the IDW titles for June came out. I notice of the Hasbro universe only Transformers is listed. I know they are building toward the arrival of Unicron in their Transformers universe but I don't know if it is suppose to be the bases for the conclusion of the Hasbro Universe that started with Reveloution. The only G.I. Joe title is the continuation of the Marvel series. There has not been a second Action Man series since the first ended. No new Rom or Micronaunts or G.I. Joe or MASK. Have the titles failed or is IDW waiting to relaunch them after the publication of the conclusion of the Hasbro Universe trilogy?