Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like the Sonic comics and the recent spinoff. The new characters are pretty cool.
    I'm behind because I read Sonic in trades, but I really do love that book. Have been following Sonic since the Archie reboot awhile back.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Anyone else been reading Scarenthood?

The TMNT comics are my new favorite take on the franchise.

They do a good job "aging up" the franchise without loosing the core identity.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-08-2021 at 06:05 PM.

I for one would love for Marvel to buy IDW. Get the G.I. Joe and Transformers licenses back, crank out some omnibuses like they're doing with Conan, etc... that would be fantastic. I think DC would just crunk things up in their current state...
    I hope for them to continue on as IDW and shore things up, but like I said, if I had a vote (i obviously do NOT) my vote would be to sell to Marvel.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I for one would love for Marvel to buy IDW. Get the G.I. Joe and Transformers licenses back, crank out some omnibuses like they're doing with Conan, etc... that would be fantastic. I think DC would just crunk things up in their current state...
    I hope for them to continue on as IDW and shore things up, but like I said, if I had a vote (i obviously do NOT) my vote would be to sell to Marvel.
    No, let them stay win their own, as long as their product is sustainable. You don't know if it gets better at Marvel. I think IDW is doing just fine (not financially)

Ultimate Member

Hasbro would seek out another company. Probably Boom or Dark Horse.

It's nice to finally be enjoying the main Transformers series again; I wish the buildup to the beginning of the war had been more engaging, but at least the pace is picking up now. I really enjoyed Windcharger's moment in #30. Good to see him strike abject terror into Decepticons.

Does IDW still have the license for Disney comics?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Does IDW still have the license for Disney comics?
    Sometimes you might see something. I think they do more reprints than ongoing books.

BANNED

Hasbro needs to come to the table with Marvel and work things out. Marvel currently has some seriously good books for licensed properties and most of these smaller companies seem like they are gonna be toast soon.

BANNED

Come to think of it a nice merger between IDW, Dark Horse, Valiant, Dynamite, Boom could give us a number of solid properties and books for years to come...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Hasbro needs to come to the table with Marvel and work things out. Marvel currently has some seriously good books for licensed properties and most of these smaller companies seem like they are gonna be toast soon.
    I'm not up on what you're referencing.
    Is Hasbro in financial straits?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

IDW has ARAH for me and my daughter is still into any and all of the Transformers books and spin-offs. I’m light on Big Two books these days, so these two and the Bond books from Dynamite, depending upon the author, are my core comic reads.

I for one would love for Marvel to buy IDW. Get the G.I. Joe and Transformers licenses back, crank out some omnibuses like they're doing with Conan, etc...
    More HR Conan is good Conan!

Anyone want to discuss Wolverine McAlistaire?