Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by dedpool79 View Post
    Anyone pick up the new Galaxy Quest?
    I picked it up, but haven't yet had the time to read it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I picked it up, but haven't yet had the time to read it.
    I understand why, but it bothered me to no end that none of the characters looked like they do in the movie. I think the story is worthwhile though.
    Host of Loose Staples: A Comic Book Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by dedpool79 View Post
    I understand why, but it bothered me to no end that none of the characters looked like they do in the movie. I think the story is worthwhile though.
    Just read it at lunch today. The first issue was OKAY for setting the table for the rest of the story but I do agree that having none of the characters resembling the cast from the movie at all takes you out of the tale a little bit.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Just read it at lunch today. The first issue was OKAY for setting the table for the rest of the story but I do agree that having none of the characters resembling the cast from the movie at all takes you out of the tale a little bit.
    Sorry, guys. I wish we would have had likeness rights, but that's not the case more often than it is.

Hope the story gives some chuckles, though.
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
    Sorry, guys. I wish we would have had likeness rights, but that's not the case more often than it is.

Guy spinoff...chuckled my ass off..

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post

Oh, I'm digging the story, and I completely understand the likeness rights stuff, it's just one of those jarring things, like when they replace cast member on a TV show, lol. It just takes a few episodes to get used to it! Can't wait to see what's next.

I enjoyed Galaxy Quest #1.

As for the lack of cast likeness, it didn't bother me. In fact, I liked it. I often feel like many times with comics based on movies/TV shows, when artists go to great lengths to capture a cast's likeness, it can cramp the artwork. When working with characters previously portrayed in live-action, I prefer that artists instead create something that represents the spirit of the character, rather than stay strictly beholden to a certain actor or actress's exact likeness.

If they can do that, and the writer captures the characters' voice, then I'm happy. And in that regard, I think Burnham and Arranz succeeded nicely.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Where is IDW's headquarters at? How do you get a job there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Where is IDW's headquarters at? How do you get a job there?
    Their headquarters are in San Diego.
    http://www.idwpublishing.com/contact

According to their website, they are not hiring at this time. Although they do have internships.
    http://www.idwpublishing.com/interns...opportunities/

Guys, can anyone tell me what we can expect from next month's Lock and Key Master Edition Vol. 1? I don't own any IDW books so I don't know what to expect... Is it going to be oversized? Does IDW use dustjackets? What about their bindings and paper?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Guys, can anyone tell me what we can expect from next month's Lock and Key Master Edition Vol. 1? I don't own any IDW books so I don't know what to expect... Is it going to be oversized? Does IDW use dustjackets? What about their bindings and paper?
    Thanks in advance!
    They don't usually use dustjackets, so I doubt you'll get one here. It looks to be slightly smaller that the TMNT Ultimate Collection HC's, which were oversized, so I'd say this will be as well. I was more than impressed with the TMNT books, so I expect the same level of quality here, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Ragnarok #4 when does this come out? Haven't seen a release date yet...

Anyone picked up the latest Transformers vs GI Joe? Finally came out yesterday and although it's a bit of a jumpy issue it's still one of the most fun and innovative books out there!

Spectacular Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if it was worth it to buy the new Transformers: Dark Cybertron HC that was just released ? I already have the Phase 2 Volume 1 HC, and really enjoyed it, so do you think they'll collect Dark Cybertron issues in future "Phase 2" volumes (I'd prefer if they'd do that) ? Or is it more likely that they will skip over those issues since they are already collected in the Dark Cybertron HC ?

I hope my question is clear! I'm rather new to IDW and Transformers, so I don't know how they ususally do those kinds of collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Ragnarok #4 when does this come out? Haven't seen a release date yet...
    I haven't either, I really hope this book can come out at least somewhat consistently.